2021 5.0L Cylinder Sleeves

3Ranger11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ranger
Occupation
Interstate commerce transport engineer
Does anyone know if the latest version of the 5.0 still has the spray in cylinder liners or did they go back to actual cast iron sleeves?
Sponsored

NEWT32

First Name
Newt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Crown Victoria, 2020 Honda Accord, 2021 F150
Good Question. I would say you have to ask the FORD engineers about the cylinder materials. I would also want to know if oversized pistons and rings will be available if needed. (If the cylinders can be bored oversize)
A lot of the information about the design , materials and construction of the 5.0 seems some what secretive. I did not know my 2019 5.0 F150 had a engine that was completely Redesigned. The engine was not your typical 302 cubic inch engine. When you do the math it actually had 307 cubic inch displacement. This is another one of many changes for that POS motor that was not advertised or made public. (It was only used in 2018, 19, 20 and then discontinued.)
I think it is important to know about the materials and construction of the motor that is going into your $60K+ TRUCK. I would also have the discussion about the OIL PUMP WET BELT on this REDESIGN.