4/26 Build Week

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
How do you interpret the delay? I see max tow is 8-10wk delay. Its been 111 days since order accepted and 65 since production date. According to visual reports, truck was on hold at plant for chip so does that mean I'm all clear on the max tow delay? We took the spray in liner and wheel well liners off when we signed the deal, see that is still an issue.
The way I read it, there is a 26-28 week lead time to start then an additional 8-10 week delay for max tow so 34-38 weeks? That is for F150, anything higher starts with a 30-32 week lead time plus any additional delays
Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The way I read it, there is a 26-28 week lead time to start then an additional 8-10 week delay for max tow so 34-38 weeks? That is for F150, anything higher starts with a 30-32 week lead time plus any additional delays
I have been to a lot of dealerships over the last 6 months and do check on stock weekly. I have yet to see a max tow available. I know dealer said they were having issues as there was too much demand on that particular axle. Lot of new boats and travel trailers purchased and the folks were opting for the max tow.

Basically a 6 month lead time on all new order f150 seems a little long. But I guess coming on 4 months myself, it is possible. ?

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I have been to a lot of dealerships over the last 6 months and do check on stock weekly. I have yet to see a max tow available. I know dealer said they were having issues as there was too much demand on that particular axle. Lot of new boats and travel trailers purchased and the folks were opting for the max tow.

Basically a 6 month lead time on all new order f150 seems a little long. But I guess coming on 4 months myself, it is possible. ?
Yeah, I am moving on to 4 months myself so............My other order at the same time took 14 weeks from order to delivery. Just over 7 weeks from build to delivery.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Good News: According to the Detroit Free Press;

Ford is getting a new supply of semiconductor chips and will now ship thousands of F-Series pickup trucks built and parked in lots in states including Michigan, Kentucky and Missouri, the Free Press has learned. The company did not provide specific numbers of vehicles.
"We're working to get chips into F-Series pickups and get them out to dealers. That's our first priority," said Erich Merkle, U.S. sales analyst at Ford. "We'll see our inventories improve. It'll take time but stock will gradually start to improve the second half of the year."

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum

Ford is getting a new supply of semiconductor chips and will now ship thousands of F-Series pickup trucks built and parked in lots in states including Michigan, Kentucky and Missouri, the Free Press has learned. The company did not provide specific numbers of vehicles.
"We're working to get chips into F-Series pickups and get them out to dealers. That's our first priority," said Erich Merkle, U.S. sales analyst at Ford. "We'll see our inventories improve. It'll take time but stock will gradually start to improve the second half of the year."
Just like their first priorty was to complete the sitting trucks before producing stock orders.....

Sponsored

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat

I hope the focus is indeed incomplete builds that have been parked. I'll be in vacation in Mexico next week, so I hope that when I get back and check the status of my truck I'll at least have a new ETA. ??

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I hope the focus is indeed incomplete builds that have been parked. I'll be in vacation in Mexico next week, so I hope that when I get back and check the status of my truck I'll at least have a new ETA. ??
I'll be in Alaska hoping the same.

Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Don't take that wrong I didn't mean anything toward you, its 100% toward Ford. I think they are getting as bad as politicians with what they say vs what they do.
I 100% agree it would be easier to believe what they say if they would have been more transparent from the get-go.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
Just like their first priorty was to complete the sitting trucks before producing stock orders.....
Yes, we have heard of Ford's priorities (lies) in the past.
I'll believe their new priorities (lies) when I see it happening and so far, it's not.

Qgreene

First Name
Quinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT PowerBoost
Congrats neighbor, I am in Orlando and my truck was delivered the exact same day, seems as though they may have shared a truck ride down! I took delivery on the 30th and headed out to the Carolinas the following day.

Quite possible that they did! Coincidentally enough, I'm in the Carolinas now. Sounds like you've got a serious break-in session going.

shtraver

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 FX4, 2021 f150 lariat sport 5L
For all that are currently concerned about the trucks condition after sitting, I haven’t noticed any issues visually with the truck, it looks just as though it came off the line, new car smell is in full effect and there is no fading or damage to the interior. It drives great and I just managed 700 miles with three occupants and a bed full of stuff, traveling highway speeds of around 70-75 on mountain roads to the Carolinas. I got around 40 electric miles in that distance. I have 32 miles to empty! As you can see I am checking up on this thread and will continue to until all the 4/26 trucks are home! Maybe we can all join another thread, 4/26 survivors or something ? hang in there, the trucks are amazing, and deep down we all know it, that’s why we are waiting!
Well said, I am happy you are enjoying it and thanks for the reassurance that the truck is still like new!

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Ford, and I hear Bill Ford specifically is in panic mode. He does not want to lose the #1 vehicle. An all hands on deck has been sounded to get as many F150's out ASAP. Notice the delays in other models now being announced. All labor is focused on the F150. Sales were down 30% second quarter.
My first truck was supposedly in the huge batch released 6/27 arriving 7/7 Dealer has no indication that will happen since that is Wednesday. My second truck has a build date of 7/5 with a priority of 1. It just got pushed, But my dealer said in the last couple days he has received more than 30 F150's for inventory.
Maybe there is hope but I am skeptical. RAM is getting ready to take over Ford's spot for 2021. Hundreds of RAM trucks are arriving on dealer lots.
Sponsored