4/26 Build Week

SaskRiders

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat, 2017 Edge, 1989 Honda HA2
So I believe it's from Ford corportate. My salesman originally said I was going to recieve the cheque when I picked up my truck, but it turns out that Ford actually mails them. It's similar to a rebate I guess. When I get the cheque in the mail I will take a picture and post it. I am not sure if this a region specific thing, dealer specific, or specific to all the customers that had trucks sitting in the bone yard? I had to sign a form in order for the cheque to be mailed out, if I have a copy of it I will post it.
I picked my truck up last Thursday and the $500 was offered as a rebate to me. You could go with the rebate or 2 years of service. They recommended the rebate.
Sponsored

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
I picked my truck up last Thursday and the $500 was offered as a rebate to me. You could go with the rebate or 2 years of service. They recommended the rebate.
I wonder if this is just in Canada. Anybody in the States get it?

Sponsored

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
I honestly haven't driven it much yet. Got the truck last Tuesday and I ran around on Wednesday and Thursday getting the cap installed and bedliner done. Wife left on Saturday for the cottage and I was at home working, she just brought the baby back this evening. Start 3 weeks vacation tomorrow and head out with the trailer next week for a little camping. Loving the truck so far. Very smooth ride once you get going, so quite. When parked or at a stop light I find it vibrates/shakes a lot, not sure if that is normal. Hoping that goes away with time.

A few points....

- love eco mode for my daughter that just got her learners permit for driving, its great for that slow acceleration. The little speed limit sign that pops up she also really likes. ?

- i have only tested out the adaptive cruise for about an hours worth of driving and find it is pretty good. Need to figure out what I need to do once it stops and how to get it going again.

- lane centering the first few times I was using it, I thought the truck was bouncing between the lines. An hour into the trip it then wanted to hang out on the driver side line. I find that a little scary with the big tow mirrors.

- sport mode is super high rpm in comparison to the other modes and will take some getting used to. Lots of torque, no issues with power on this 3.5eco. Hate how it doesn't start up in previous mode.

- Driving the 2019 super duty for the last year on our camping trips compared to sitting in the f150, it is night and day, seating feels much more comfortable in the f150. I wasn't sure about the fabric on the xlt but I actually really like it. In this heat the seats are nice and comfy unlike leather I have in my other vehicles.

- rear seats sit upright way too much. I was looking at aftermarket brackets to recline them on a slight angle. But with the 2kw pro power I don't think I can use them.

- stereo system is kind of funny. Upgraded to B&O cause I was not really impressed with base. The sound in the rear is horrible, quite and sounds like you're under water. Sound in the front is pretty good. I have tried playing around with surround vs stereo and adjusting the fade but doesn't make much of a difference.

- Not sure if possible, but it would be great of the wife's key had all her radio stations and mine had the good tunes on it. ? Maybe that is what mykey is for, haven't played around with that yet.

- looking forward to setting up the weight distribution hitch this weekend and checking out all the trailering features. We don't leave until middle of next week but have read that many others have had trailer brake and lighting issues so will do a dry run this weekend. With our trailer only being 5000lbs and our truck having the max tow, I don't expect to really need much on the weight distribution but, always like the anti-sway. I know the truck also has the antisway built in as well.
Congrats! the trucks really are worth the wait, couple of minor gripes but not a deal breaker, the biggest one for me is the keyless entry, why do they not put the sensors on the back doors also? my wifes 2018 edge titanium has them on all four doors and its so much better when putting my son or bags/groceries in the bag, i am having a hard time remembering not to yank on the back door handle before activating the front handle to unlock. First world problems! I must say reading this back, it doesnt paint me in the most favorable light! lol

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Took a wire brush to some of the small rust spots and hit it with some high temp flat black yesterday. Today had it all sprayed by Krown Rust Proofing.

No I'm going to try and figure out what to install first, OEM wheel well liners or Gatorback Mud Flaps. ? I have a feeling whatever I chose, it will be the wrong one. ?

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20210813_133257

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20210813_133538

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week 20210813_133510

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Took a wire brush to some of the small rust spots and hit it with some high temp flat black yesterday. Today had it all sprayed by Krown Rust Proofing.

No I'm going to try and figure out what to install first, OEM wheel well liners or Gatorback Mud Flaps. ? I have a feeling whatever I chose, it will be the wrong one. ?

20210813_133257.jpg

20210813_133538.jpg

20210813_133510.jpg
Looks good! I wasn’t considering the wheel well liners for as my truck is black, obviously that’s from an aesthetic standpoint, but seeing every one putting them in i am considering it, what would the positives be for installing?

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Any one have any preferences as far as bed division? Looked at the Ford bed divider but as far as I can tell it doesn’t leave much space between that and the tailgate. Looked at the bed extender also as it does give a lot more space at the back near the tailgate when folded in, and it can fold away when not in use. It really is for groceries and smaller items so they are not sliding all the way back the rear of the bed when braking. Any other options would be greatly appreciated!

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Looks good! I wasn’t considering the wheel well liners for as my truck is black, obviously that’s from an aesthetic standpoint, but seeing every one putting them in i am considering it, what would the positives be for installing?
I somehow manage to hit a lot of gravel roads, I was trying to protect the truck. In winter, the areas that I like to sled, tend to use sand vs calcium and salt. I was hoping the plastic liners would be easier to clean.

Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I somehow manage to hit a lot of gravel roads, I was trying to protect the truck. In winter, the areas that I like to sled, tend to use sand vs calcium and salt. I was hoping the plastic liners would be easier to clean.
I've run rear liners on all my trucks so far. Helps protect and looks cleaner....but I have noticed on the new truck the rake is so aggressive that they are much less noticeable.

Have you noticed that the front liners seems to be made of a fabric type material? They look like they are going to be harder to clean up.

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
I've run rear liners on all my trucks so far. Helps protect and looks cleaner....but I have noticed on the new truck the rake is so aggressive that they are much less noticeable.

Have you noticed that the front liners seems to be made of a fabric type material? They look like they are going to be harder to clean up.
hmm, for noise reduction perhaps? one thing i did notice was 45lbs of pressure in my tires from factory, seems a little high to me

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
hmm, for noise reduction perhaps? one thing i did notice was 45lbs of pressure in my tires from factory, seems a little high to me
Check your sidewall on the tire to see what they recommend but I agree 45 seems very high. I'm running mine at 37.

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Check your sidewall on the tire to see what they recommend but I agree 45 seems very high. I'm running mine at 37.
Exactly, i ran my 2016 at around 37-38 when the door sticker had them at 35. I noticed the tire pressure info on the display and ford pass app as 45, i just assumed bigger sidewall, 4x4 etc etc, then noticed the door sticker was at 35 also. going to depressurize to around 37 this weekend. i had noticed the ride was pretty hard, again put i down to the 4x4, now i know why!

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

On our 2018 VW Atlas it had front and rear fabric liners, same as the front on the f150. Loved the look of them, easy to clean, BUT in the winter, the snow and slush stuck to them.
Sponsored