Sponsored

4/26 Build Week

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
So my dealer calls 5 mins ago and tells me my truck is at the dealership! I am picking up tomorrow, i Leave on a road trip the day after…..talk about cutting it close….. I am emotionally spent! At this point I don’t care what color I got! Lol
Congrats, bro! Make sure you post pics! It's crazy how these trucks just show up with no change in status.
Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Crappy dealers need to be a thing of the past. @ScottBB apparently has the best dealer in the country though. Lol. I won't be surprised if my dealer keeps the Amazon codes for himself at this point. I'll never hear about that email, because I wouldn't be surprised if the email is only sent to dealers that are actually pressuring Ford to give their customers some answers. @scottbbyou got yourself one heck of a dealer!
They truly have been great. I had inspected the truck at delivery and didn't notice any of the issues others had mentioned with rust etc. but it was dark. The next day noticed a little rust on the front of the pumpkin and took it in today, they got the rust off, painted it, and sent me on my way with the letter from Ford too. You are correct, it was not sent directly to me, it was sent to the dealer. I had no issues with them honoring the original deal where others within 50 miles are charging $5k above MSRP as a convenience fee for their trucks. Even on those ordered as a "market adjustment". They are good people. They did the same with people after Katrina in 2005 when local dealers were jacking up prices they kept selling them with the same discounts as before Katrina. They are in the "long game" as they put it not short-term profits. Estabrook Ford in Pascagoula MS.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
They truly have been great. I had inspected the truck at delivery and didn't notice any of the issues others had mentioned with rust etc. but it was dark. The next day noticed a little rust on the front of the pumpkin and took it in today, they got the rust off, painted it, and sent me on my way with the letter from Ford too. You are correct, it was not sent directly to me, it was sent to the dealer. I had no issues with them honoring the original deal where others within 50 miles are charging $5k above MSRP as a convenience fee for their trucks. Even on those ordered as a "market adjustment". They are good people. They did the same with people after Katrina in 2005 when local dealers were jacking up prices they kept selling them with the same discounts as before Katrina. They are in the "long game" as they put it not short-term profits. Estabrook Ford in Pascagoula MS.
I blame myself for my poor experience. I'm not one of those dudes that expects that my dealer give me a weekly update, but I'd expect to at least be reached out to bi-monthly or monthly to give me any updates, potential options (reorder my truck, mentions of a similar truck coming in, or mention something as small as how many trucks they've received in a given month). We're all paying 10s of thousands to get our trucks, yet so many of us can't get a reasonable level of customer service.

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
I blame myself for my poor experience. I'm not one of those dudes that expects that my dealer give me a weekly update, but I'd expect to at least be reached out to bi-monthly or monthly to give me any updates, potential options (reorder my truck, mentions of a similar truck coming in, or mention something as small as how many trucks they've received in a given month). We're all paying 10s of thousands to get our trucks, yet so many of us can't get a reasonable level of customer service.
No doubt. Not only do I not get any proactive updates from the dealer they also ignore my calls and emails. They have effectively told me to use the online tracker and leave them alone. Once (if?) my truck comes in I will likely drive the hour and a half to the next closest dealer for any service. They are just that bad.

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
So my dealer calls 5 mins ago and tells me my truck is at the dealership! I am picking up tomorrow, i Leave on a road trip the day after…..talk about cutting it close….. I am emotionally spent! At this point I don’t care what color I got! Lol
did the tracker update to reflect that? did it ever switch to built or shipped? what was you build day?

Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
I am so happy for those that get their truck! each day is torment and i am literally about to cave and cancel my F150/RV dream, as the summer erodes away.

I think by the end of next week i am officially out for good....

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
I am so happy for those that get their truck! each day is torment and i am literally about to cave and cancel my F150/RV dream, as the summer erodes away.

Hang in there.
Been a lot of posts today with updates.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Hang in there.
Been a lot of posts today with updates.
Let me flip it another way.. Almost like a push pull effect!! Each day that goes by, feels like the F150/RV dream fades but then i am 1 day closer to getting what i really wanted which is the cybertruck (and then reconsider the RV for next year again)..

I am excited to at least wait for our newly ordered Model S (arriving Sept/oct), but if it goes the same way that the F150 does, then forget it.... not doing this daily checking the tracker nonsense!! LOL...

I heard somewhere that some 2021 orders without VINs are automagically converting to 2022... insanely chaotic!

mshipway

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F150, '17 F150 '19 F150 ;21 F150
Occupation
Engineer

I was actually looking at a travel trailer too. Trying to gather info for getting it next year. Then I find out the one I want if I order it now.. will arrive in late winter...

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I was actually looking at a travel trailer too. Trying to gather info for getting it next year. Then I find out the one I want if I order it now.. will arrive in late winter...
We bought a 2021 trailer and already looking to upgrade. Some lots are empty, while others have a lot. Really hit and miss. Starting to see 2022 hit the lots. I'm hesitant to trade it in right now if I don't have a truck until fall or winter this year.

Sponsored

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Congrats, bro! Make sure you post pics! It's crazy how these trucks just show up with no change in status.
My eta changed 2 weeks ago to built, and was given an eta of 7/3 for delivery, so beat that which is good.
this is absolutely my opinion too, could not agree more.

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
did the tracker update to reflect that? did it ever switch to built or shipped? what was you build day?
My tracker is still showing shipped ETA 7/3

ORDER DATE 3/24
IN PRODUCTION 4/26
ETA1 5/21
ETA 2 8/7
ETA 3 10/31
BUILT DATE 6/14
SHIPPED 6/15
ETA 7/3
ARRIVED AT DEALER 6/29
Tracker still showed shipped status.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
My tracker is still showing shipped ETA 7/3

ORDER DATE 3/24
IN PRODUCTION 4/26
ETA1 5/21
ETA 2 8/7
ETA 3 10/31
BUILT DATE 6/14
SHIPPED 6/15
ETA 7/3
ARRIVED AT DEALER 6/29
Tracker still showed shipped status.
My theory back in early May about trucks being shipped together when bound for the same region made sense given the lack of truck drivers and freighters, so I hoped seeing a Florida guy in this build week get his truck would mean that I would be getting mine. I doubt we'll ever know the process, especially when the union at Ford was against building incomplete trucks, but Ford decided to do things this way (per Pioneer74).

shtraver

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 FX4, 2021 f150 lariat sport 5L
Who here has a powerboost on order? I'm kind of happy that I only have a basic battery on board my truck that has been sitting for 2+ months. We have a bunch of Ford Explorer hybrids and other hybrids in our fleet at work and when they sit it really hurts the hybrid battery, we usually see the ones that sit more often require replacement much sooner then ones that are operated daily. When covid happened we had a bunch sitting and we had to get them replaced when people started to come back to work. (I work in municipal Fleet Maintenance) I wonder if we'll see extended warranty along with our trucks when they are finally delivered? I can't believe Ford hasn't released a statement yet or provided any information on the parked trucks, timelines, compensation etc.. It would be so easy for them to do, even if the statement doesn't provide "good news" it's still information that can help our stress and make it easier for us to wait for their product knowing they are going to take care of us in the end.

Markl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Who here has a powerboost on order? I'm kind of happy that I only have a basic battery on board my truck that has been sitting for 2+ months. We have a bunch of Ford Explorer hybrids and other hybrids in our fleet at work and when they sit it really hurts the hybrid battery, we usually see the ones that sit more often require replacement much sooner then ones that are operated daily. When covid happened we had a bunch sitting and we had to get them replaced when people started to come back to work. (I work in municipal Fleet Maintenance) I wonder if we'll see extended warranty along with our trucks when they are finally delivered? I can't believe Ford hasn't released a statement yet or provided any information on the parked trucks, timelines, compensation etc.. It would be so easy for them to do, even if the statement doesn't provide "good news" it's still information that can help our stress and make it easier for us to wait for their product knowing they are going to take care of us in the end.
I have the hybrid, been sitting for about 6-8 weeks in purgatory, I am hopefully picking it up today so I guess I will find out! Warranty on the hybrid battery is 8yr 100’000mile I believe, so hopefully deficiencies will rear their ugly heads in that time! But by then I will be probably waiting for the 2028 f150 because Ford didn’t order enough wheels!
Sponsored