Sponsored

Software Update Preferences not working?

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Sir D-D, I do give a dam and just wanted to let you know that is a CAT in your avatar. Just trying to be helpful, carry on!
Screenshot 2022-08-07 070721.jpg
I am sure you do. But when it comes to my truck, Ford obviously does not. A few posts back it was stated to check with customer service. I have called, written, talked with them and nothing happens. The last contact with customer service was they stated they talked to my dealer and they had ordered a new APIM. When I talked to my dealer they stated they did not order a new APIM. They ordered the cables need to make the fix. One side of this issue has no idea of what the other side is doing.:mad:
Are you sure about the cat? A good friend of mine has a black cat that his daughter named it "Dog." When I am at his house I get a chance to have fun with Doggy-Dog the cat. So it looked to me that it would be a good screen name and have a picture of my 18 pound back cat. She is a sweetie and is named "Kiddy Cat." My Sister named her and I got her when my Sister passed in 2018. She is the Queen and has an outdoor luxury condo that she can go into from the house.
:)(Yes, I know she is a cat.)

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ford had them order a new APIM, so they gave it back to me today (est 2 months for a new one). Of course, they disconnected my tonneau cover so I cannot open it or close it and I can no longer use intelligent cruise control. Oh — and they removed the USB-C port and replaced it with USB-A port. Reading the tea leaves, they thought the port was causing communication problems (it was not) and the bed cover was draining the battery (it was not — they don't know how to read a TSB and follow directions). Not sure why I cannot select intelligent cruise anymore as I usually use that to keep my lead foot under control. I'm heading out of town for a week, but when I get back they will be fixing these issues.
Send me your vin.

Hokirenry

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I'm in the same boat, can't swipe to automatic update anymore?? Would be nice if Ford would give us an answer.
Same here. Tried two different Ford dealers to get Blue Cruise software installed. Both dealers kind of rolled their eyes and acted like it was a pain. I paid for the hardware when I purchased the truck two years ago. First dealer said apim was bad. Couldn't get a new module. Second dealer said message popped up saying stop installation. Came home checking to see if auto updates was on, can't toggle this, so I set up a schedule. Checked back, schedule was gone, still can't toggle auto updates. Called Ford customer service and was told they would let me know when Blue Cruise could be installed. In other words, they don't know what the issue is. By the way, my battery needed replaced (under warranty), and the wiper motor recall was addressed by the first dealer saying they couldn't get any, just keep using it. Second dealer said it works now, so just keep using it. 2021 F 150 purchased in April of 2021. Frustrating....

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Ford might not give you an answer, but this forum has 100 fellas in your shoes that fixed it without their help.

Well, admittedly they DID use Ford software to fix the issue.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Ford might not give you an answer, but this forum has 100 fellas in your shoes that fixed it without their help.

Well, admittedly they DID use Ford software to fix the issue.
It's almost unbelievable that after a year and a half this is still going on. The guy just join the forum today, I don't even no we're to start.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's almost unbelievable that after a year and a half this is still going on. The guy just join the forum today, I don't even no we're to start.
Yea, it stings to see 2021's still stuck today where they were more than a year ago.
Human nature is to think by now everyone would have heard what's up, and the only ones still stuck are those standing on principal to not fix what Ford should fix.

But truth is, there are probably many THOUSANDS of 2021's still stuck at 1.7.4, was it? And simply have never heard or just don't know. Yet!

We aren't going anywhere though.
So better late than never.

The keys to get out of OTA jail, and onto Bluecruise are

Ford F-150 Software Update Preferences not working? P1F-Updated-Logo-Square-w-shadow

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Same here. Tried two different Ford dealers to get Blue Cruise software installed. Both dealers kind of rolled their eyes and acted like it was a pain. I paid for the hardware when I purchased the truck two years ago. First dealer said apim was bad. Couldn't get a new module. Second dealer said message popped up saying stop installation. Came home checking to see if auto updates was on, can't toggle this, so I set up a schedule. Checked back, schedule was gone, still can't toggle auto updates. Called Ford customer service and was told they would let me know when Blue Cruise could be installed. In other words, they don't know what the issue is. By the way, my battery needed replaced (under warranty), and the wiper motor recall was addressed by the first dealer saying they couldn't get any, just keep using it. Second dealer said it works now, so just keep using it. 2021 F 150 purchased in April of 2021. Frustrating....
The dealers are not going to be able to do this for you. There not interested in taking the time and for whatever reason apparently they don't get paid to make the update. It sucks! It all isn't right! I went through this myself. But I moved on and fixed it myself. Please watch the attached video and if you're interested in doing this yourself. The people on this forum can guide you through the process. It's not hard and will require 12 hours of your time.

Hokirenry

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
The dealers are not going to be able to do this for you. There not interested in taking the time and for whatever reason apparently they don't get paid to make the update. It sucks! It all isn't right! I went through this myself. But I moved on and fixed it myself. Please watch the attached video and if you're interested in doing this yourself. The people on this forum can guide you through the process. It's not hard and will require 12 hours of your time.

Just watched your entire video - wow. Glad it worked for you. This isn't something I would feel comfortable with. I am disappointed in Ford after being loyal to this brand for many years and past generations always buying Fords. This F150 was my first new vehicle purchase after retiring and feeling I would treat myself. Always bought used, but still bought Ford. At work, I had the option of selecting a work truck brand - always Ford. Not just talking here, but I have an appointment to test a Chevrolet High Country. 2 years of my new Lariat which I really like, but at my age i just want things to work right or at least have someone take some accountability. Nothing from Ford. Just tell me you have a problem and when it might be fixed. I would accept that. Sorry for the rant. Good luck with your truck.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Just watched your entire video - wow. Glad it worked for you. This isn't something I would feel comfortable with. I am disappointed in Ford after being loyal to this brand for many years and past generations always buying Fords. This F150 was my first new vehicle purchase after retiring and feeling I would treat myself. Always bought used, but still bought Ford. At work, I had the option of selecting a work truck brand - always Ford. Not just talking here, but I have an appointment to test a Chevrolet High Country. 2 years of my new Lariat which I really like, but at my age i just want things to work right or at least have someone take some accountability. Nothing from Ford. Just tell me you have a problem and when it might be fixed. I would accept that. Sorry for the rant. Good luck with your truck.
There is an active recall program from Ford to fix trucks with your issue. The problem is, Ford has it on hold right now due to a potential problem updating one of the modules needed in order to activate bluecruise. The program has been on hold since January. Until they open it up again, dealers cannot bill Ford for the hours upon hours of labor it takes to update these modules. So you will get the run-around from dealers about this.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
There is an active recall program from Ford to fix trucks with your issue. The problem is, Ford has it on hold right now due to a potential problem updating one of the modules needed in order to activate bluecruise. The program has been on hold since January. Until they open it up again, dealers cannot bill Ford for the hours upon hours of labor it takes to update these modules. So you will get the run-around from dealers about this.
You got that right. They were so sick of attempting to fix my truck and they could not they bribed me with an extended warranty.

Hokirenry

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ok, sounds good. Why didn't the two dealers or Ford themselves let me know? Simple message through the Ford app, or a letter, or letting the dealers know to pass on this message. I've heard nothing till now. Thanks!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ok, sounds good. Why didn't the two dealers or Ford themselves let me know? Simple message through the Ford app, or a letter, or letting the dealers know to pass on this message. I've heard nothing till now. Thanks!
I don't have a good answer for you. I can tell you dealers were advised of this since January, but they would have to make an effort to look at the bulletins that Ford posts on the website they use. The only time Ford (or any other manufacturer) would address the customer directly via a letter to inform them of a recall is if there is a safety issue associated with the recall. That is not the case here, so they are under no legal obligation to tell you something is wrong.
Sponsored