4.2.4 Sync crashes and audio issues

Grymtyrant

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Crew Cab
Came to report here that I am having the same issue with the camera. This is after ford had my truck for 3 days to do software updates. Took truck in for 2 days for this issue, they said the fixed it. Not sure what they did, if anything, because the issue was still the same after I picked it up. So I just may end up doing the factory reset of sync 4 as others have suggested.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
So, weirdly, the reset didn’t work, I still had audio glitches…but putting it into night mode seems to have resolved it, at least for the moment. I’ll continue to monitor it.
I will note that performing both these steps has mostly resolved the issue for weeks now. I’ve had a few freeze ups still, but no more issues with the backup cam.

BruiserNL

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
this last update, is AWFUL and very disappointing. :mad:
  • when making a call, it starts out normal, then sync disconnects the phone. The call is still going on my phone, but NOT coming thru SYNC. i have to hang up and do it 1 or 2 more times before it works.:mad:
  • I cannot connect to android auto once vehicle is in motion :mad:
  • The clock display moved from top center of screen to top left of screen (for no apparent reason) which is now hidden behind my phone on its mount):rolleyes:😒
  • among other annoying issues
Ford... leave stuff ALONE, it was fine before!!! lol
I have the exact same issue. Have you ever found a fix?

Thanks

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
I have the exact same issue. Have you ever found a fix?

Thanks
not yet, i've contacted some engineers in OTA ... so we will see.

Sponsored

bfc77usa

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
So, it looks like what worked is:
1) A full Sync factory reset, including deleting the vehicle from your phone(s), plus
2) Running in night/dark mode (auto is default), plus
3) Running with rear camera delay OFF (default).

I have not experienced any glitches with this combination so far. A Sync reset alone improved the issue, but I was still getting brief stutters when the camera was manually activated until I added #2-3. I would be curious to hear if anybody isn’t having said issues after a reset without being in dark mode or with the camera delay still on, in case those are coincidental.

The good news is this sounds like a fairly simple bug for Ford to fix, my speculation is that some audio or graphics task is getting bugged out when the camera activates, presumably because the camera display is expecting real time task access (hopefully they have the camera as a very high priority task since um…delays could be dangerous) and something is hanging up. The bad news is Ford’s somewhat haphazard update schedule and poor release notes might make it hard to tell when it’s been fixed.

Ford, if you’re listening, give us an easier way to report bugs (wasn’t one update talking about voice bug reports?), error logging we can actually see on the vehicle so we know when an error is being reported to you via connected services, AND DETAILED RELEASE NOTES. Your “think of this update as the one that opens the door for all the other updates” explanations are useless. Give us release note detailed enough they tell us a specific bug was fixed.
I did change night/dark mode setting in both Carplay and Sync. Rear camera delay was already off. I did not reset Sync 4. A quick 30 minute test drive and I was able to keep a call going the entire time. Prior to this anytime the camera came on automatically or via a button the call would go to the phone and would be lost by Sync/Carplay. Hope this holds as it's been an annoyance for quite some time.

OP
OP

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
I did change night/dark mode setting in both Carplay and Sync. Rear camera delay was already off. I did not reset Sync 4. A quick 30 minute test drive and I was able to keep a call going the entire time. Prior to this anytime the camera came on automatically or via a button the call would go to the phone and would be lost by Sync/Carplay. Hope this holds as it's been an annoyance for quite some time.
Mine is way better but not resolved. So there’s a delay when the camera is requested by selecting reverse or with the camera button, and there’s still periodic slowness issues on startup with occasional freezes, but the frequency is much lower.
Sponsored