Sponsored

Intermittent Sync4 Issues: No Audio, Lost Presets, and More...

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Alrighty, friends! I need your help/advice/experience with something.

My F-150 has given me 3,900 miles of nearly flawless service (gratefully), but I have had phantom issues with my Sync4 over the past several weeks.

It began with ALL of my radio and SiriusXM presets being changed (not erased) several times. The truck appears to assign its own presets, but when I go into the menu to navigate through to my originally selected channels, they are stared like it still knows its a preset/favorite channel. Sometimes the truck goes back to my designated presets after a few hours or days of sitting, sometimes it doesn't and I have to reprogram them all again myself. This has happened about four or five times so far.

Just this week, I've noticed the screen (in the center stack) goes black. Audio still plays, buttons still work (volume, channels, etc.), but the screen is completely dark. Triggering the 360 cameras by putting the truck into reverse turns it back on. The screen also comes back on itself after about thirty seconds if I do nothing, and works fine for the duration. This has happened twice.

Fast forward to my biggest issue thus far. Yesterday, I was on about a two hour drive. I was using the Ford/truck navigation for this trip to see how it would work versus CarPlay. Sync4 worked great for about 90% of the trip. Navigation prompts, CarPlay music, FM & SiriusXM all worked great. Then towards the end of the trip, I lost ALL audio to everything. The truck still seemed like it was playing music because the track/song times progressed as I played them, and navigation prompts still kept getting sent through to the infotainment and instrument cluster screens. The volume knob was stuck at "Prompt Volume - 4", and would not change or adjust the audio at all. After the reset, it stayed at "0" no matter what I did.

I parked it, and came back to it later in the evening, and the stereo worked just fine like nothing happened. Albeit it set its own presets again...

My truck received the most recent OTA update the day before this big issue. Also the hard reset (holding the stereo power and track forward button for ten seconds) has not remedied any of these issues for me as they were occurring.

Have any of you experienced this issue? Is there a fix? I've read there is a "Master Reset", or disconnect the battery, but I'm reluctant to do that so far, because I don't want to lose everything.

Let me know what your all's experiences and quick fixes are! I appreciate it immensely!

Ford F-150 Intermittent Sync4 Issues: No Audio, Lost Presets, and More... A339E394-6AA6-405C-9E02-4B0F50448732

Unfortunately, I don't have any of my own pics or videos of these issues occurring, but this is a photo from another user who was having the same issues (on Facebook). The only info they had was the master reset.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Quick Update:

Ford F-150 Intermittent Sync4 Issues: No Audio, Lost Presets, and More... A13A5C7A-89E1-43B7-8963-534768DEA6F3

Go out for a quick drive, and I had this for about forty seconds ⬆

Ford F-150 Intermittent Sync4 Issues: No Audio, Lost Presets, and More... 2554B588-A1D6-4F13-8DD6-0D3CCE56A4E8

After it fully booted up; all my presets were back and the system is functioning like nothing happened…. So far, so good for today.

This is about my sixth cycle of this. Becoming concerning….

Last edited:

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
Have you checked the under hood fuses, another thread said this could happen if they are loose.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you checked the under hood fuses, another thread said this could happen if they are loose.
Thanks to your all’s recommendations, I
did about two weeks weeks ago for the ones in the engine compartment. Not quite sure what I was looking at, lol, but they all felt seated properly with nothing overtly wrong.

My preliminary research looks like there is an additional fuse panel at the base of the A-Pillar on the passenger side. I can’t quite figure out how to get to it without forcing some panels off.

Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Thanks to your all’s recommendations, I
did about two weeks weeks ago for the ones in the engine compartment. Not quite sure what I was looking at, lol, but they all felt seated properly with nothing overtly wrong.

My preliminary research looks like there is an additional fuse panel at the base of the A-Pillar on the passenger side. I can’t quite figure out how to get to it without forcing some panels off.
Any chance you have profiles set and not using the same key fob every time?

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any chance you have profiles set and not using the same key fob every time?
Good thought. I have set up two profiles, but it is definitely the same key every time.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Only time I use CarPlay is when I’m using some sort of navigation.
I did not opt for satellite when subscriptions ran out.
CarPlay did a few weird things when I received a call, so I pretty much nipped that in the bud by just using Bluetooth and using my phone or tablet fora music source.

Dvcpro13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5L Ecoboost 502a Agate Black
Alrighty, friends! I need your help/advice/experience with something.

My F-150 has given me 3,900 miles of nearly flawless service (gratefully), but I have had phantom issues with my Sync4 over the past several weeks.

It began with ALL of my radio and SiriusXM presets being changed (not erased) several times. The truck appears to assign its own presets, but when I go into the menu to navigate through to my originally selected channels, they are stared like it still knows its a preset/favorite channel. Sometimes the truck goes back to my designated presets after a few hours or days of sitting, sometimes it doesn't and I have to reprogram them all again myself. This has happened about four or five times so far.

Just this week, I've noticed the screen (in the center stack) goes black. Audio still plays, buttons still work (volume, channels, etc.), but the screen is completely dark. Triggering the 360 cameras by putting the truck into reverse turns it back on. The screen also comes back on itself after about thirty seconds if I do nothing, and works fine for the duration. This has happened twice.

Fast forward to my biggest issue thus far. Yesterday, I was on about a two hour drive. I was using the Ford/truck navigation for this trip to see how it would work versus CarPlay. Sync4 worked great for about 90% of the trip. Navigation prompts, CarPlay music, FM & SiriusXM all worked great. Then towards the end of the trip, I lost ALL audio to everything. The truck still seemed like it was playing music because the track/song times progressed as I played them, and navigation prompts still kept getting sent through to the infotainment and instrument cluster screens. The volume knob was stuck at "Prompt Volume - 4", and would not change or adjust the audio at all. After the reset, it stayed at "0" no matter what I did.

I parked it, and came back to it later in the evening, and the stereo worked just fine like nothing happened. Albeit it set its own presets again...

My truck received the most recent OTA update the day before this big issue. Also the hard reset (holding the stereo power and track forward button for ten seconds) has not remedied any of these issues for me as they were occurring.

Have any of you experienced this issue? Is there a fix? I've read there is a "Master Reset", or disconnect the battery, but I'm reluctant to do that so far, because I don't want to lose everything.

Let me know what your all's experiences and quick fixes are! I appreciate it immensely!

A339E394-6AA6-405C-9E02-4B0F50448732.jpeg

Unfortunately, I don't have any of my own pics or videos of these issues occurring, but this is a photo from another user who was having the same issues (on Facebook). The only info they had was the master reset.
Did you ever find a remedy for this? My truck has some of these gremlins

vegas79

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 4x4 Sport
My system was doing some of this funky stuff like duplicating presets randomly and going robotic when I was using the bluetooth. I did a system reset (available in the menu) that reset the whole system to factory defaults. I had to pair my phone again, set presets and even reenroll the truck to my Ford app but it's been fine since.
Sponsored