Sync 4 random audio reset

FunHavin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I've currently got a 21 XLT 302a. I only say that to give some background. I have this weird issue that I haven't really seen in other trucks, so I thought I'd ask. Randomly, my audio resets to factory default. I don't know why. I don't see a correlation (and I admittedly haven't looked too hard for one) with updates. It's not that much of a big deal because I have done 0 audio modifications to this truck. I quickly knew I wasn't going to keep it (another story) so other than the shorty antennae, it's BONE stock. I'm currently waiting on my 23, which goes into production in a couple weeks. Then, my stereo goes back in, probably a tune and hopefully some ridiculous wheels. So, in the grand calculus of the multiverse, it's not a huge issue. Just curious if anyone else has seen it or knows anything about why it would do that.
Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Are consistently using the same key FOB? Have you setup profiles for any of the FOBS?

I was mystified by having FM and XM presets unset until I figured out profiles, FOBs and the F150s multi personas that default/get set up.

OP
OP
FunHavin

FunHavin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Are consistently using the same key FOB? Have you setup profiles for any of the FOBS?

I was mystified by having FM and XM presets unset until I figured out profiles, FOBs and the F150s multi personas that default/get set up.
Nope. I always use the same key. My wife has a key but I don't think she's ever driven my truck...matter of fact...no..she's never even sat in the driver's seat lol. For 2 trucks now that I think about it.

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
Same issue here (21 Screw XL/STX). It seems tied to new push updates from Ford, at least in my case

OP
OP
FunHavin

FunHavin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Same issue here (21 Screw XL/STX). It seems tied to new push updates from Ford, at least in my case
That very well could be it. I honestly don't track those updates like I should.

Sponsored

itsdchz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost FX4 XLT with Stuff
/\ THIS
Whenever the Sync system has an update, the Audio setting resets. Either through OTA update, or FDRS/Forscan. It also happens after the update for Sync that requires restarts to unpackaged all components of the update, and install. So, if you reset/setup audio on one restart, and it continues to update after, the audio will once again reset.

OP
OP
FunHavin

FunHavin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Ok. So it's normal then. That's good to know. I just went through a gaggle of messages on my FordPass app. I guess I should pay more attention to that lol. Well, I'll know for the next truck.
Sponsored