285/65/20’s Rubbing

12th Man Ag

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch
Installed Bilstein 6112’s at 2.5” of lift. Added ICON Billet UCA’s and Toyo Open Country AT III’s on OEM King Ranch wheels. Tires are rubbing big time on the UCA’s.

Stage3 said this set up should work with no issues. Need to get underneath and take some pics, but any initial thoughts on what might be wrong? Thanks!
Sponsored

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Not enough clearance between your Uca and wheels. Icon lists exactly what wheel backspacing is required to work with their UCA’s but I wouldn’t blame stage 3 because you didn’t do your homework. Get new wheels or add 1/4” spacers to what you have now.

OP
OP

12th Man Ag

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch
Not enough clearance between your Uca and wheels. Icon lists exactly what wheel backspacing is required to work with their UCA’s but I wouldn’t blame stage 3 because you didn’t do your homework. Get new wheels or add 1/4” spacers to what you have now.
So, don’t blame Stage3 when I told them exactly what I was doing and they said it would work with no problems?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
So, don’t blame Stage3 when I told them exactly what I was doing and they said it would work with no problems?
Yeah, they're supposed to know their shit, that's part of their profit slice.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Not all 285/65/20 are the same.
Perhaps you are just unlucky to get a wider make/model tire in that size segment?

Sponsored

mtnryder56

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 SC FX4 PAB Rapid Red
Do you have mudflaps? I had a similar setup w no rub, installed Ford mudflaps and now they rub pretty bad. Looking into other mudflaps that interfere less in the wheel well

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Alright I’ll take that back, you and hammaman do have a point. Did you turn your wheels and look behind the tire to see exactly where it was rubbing? I am surprised that 285 wide is rubbing on a Uca when guys run 12.5 wide with no problems.

OP
OP

12th Man Ag

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch
Alright I’ll take that back, you and hammaman do have a point. Did you turn your wheels and look behind the tire to see exactly where it was rubbing? I am surprised that 285 wide is rubbing on a Uca when guys run 12.5 wide with no problems.
I agree. I am going to spend some time under the truck tomorrow and try to figure this out. I had the UCA’s installed by my Ford dealer. Is there a driver and passenger side or are they the same? So help me if they installed them on the wrong side! LOL!

Last edited:

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I agree. I am going to spend some time under the truck tomorrow and try to figure this out. I had the UCA’s installed by my Ford dealer. Is there a driver and passenger side or are they the same? So help me if they installed them on the wrong side! LOL!
They definitely couldn’t have installed them on the wrong side! The billet UCAs are very beefy. But without pics I’m not sure how to help at this point.

OP
OP

12th Man Ag

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch
Looking like some 1” spacers might be the easy fix. Don’t really want new wheels right now.

Sponsored

TXGREEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 FX4 Lariat
Installed Bilstein 6112’s at 2.5” of lift. Added ICON Billet UCA’s and Toyo Open Country AT III’s on OEM King Ranch wheels. Tires are rubbing big time on the UCA’s.

Stage3 said this set up should work with no issues. Need to get underneath and take some pics, but any initial thoughts on what might be wrong? Thanks!
I’ve got the exact same tires and size along with a Fox 2” level on my Lariat with zero rubbing So must have something to do with the offset of your wheel so I’m wondering if your King Ranch wheels have a different offset than the Lariat wheels. Are you sure the tire is rubbing the control arm or you just hear a rubbing sound cause it may just be the tire rubbing the wheel well liner which mine did as well so you either zip tie it to the frame or pull off the rubber piece that’s snapped onto the liner. A heat gun can help with the actual liner.

OP
OP

12th Man Ag

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch
I’ve got the exact same tires and size along with a Fox 2” level on my Lariat with zero rubbing So must have something to do with the offset of your wheel so I’m wondering if your King Ranch wheels have a different offset than the Lariat wheels. Are you sure the tire is rubbing the control arm or you just hear a rubbing sound cause it may just be the tire rubbing the wheel well liner which mine did as well so you either zip tie it to the frame or pull off the rubber piece that’s snapped onto the liner. A heat gun can help with the actual liner.
Thanks. I’m going to check it all out this afternoon. The KR wheels have a +44 offset.

OP
OP

12th Man Ag

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch
Back to the factory UCA's. No issues now. Luckily, Stage3 had the transcript of my conversation with their tech telling me an 11.5" tire would be fine with the ICON UCA's and factory wheels. Turns out that is not correct and they are letting me return the ICON's! Now I can actually make 90 degree turns with my new truck!

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
That’s interesting. I fit 35x12.5x17 on Raptor rims w 6112. No issues at all with bds control arms. Zero rub or cutting or scraping.
Sponsored