Sponsored

22 F-150 Tire Vibration

BigDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I started the lemon law procedure on my 2022 Lariat Screw 4w 157" that has the "shake-vibration-yaw-grind" issue after my 5th trip to the dealer. Surprisingly it got Fords attention, I am told they will be flying an engineer to NJ who is a Ford employee and nothing to do with any of the dealers, who be working on my truck. Give you guys results if and when this ever happens
Sponsored

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
Update: tire balance didn’t help. I’m still getting the same fine vibration up my legs. I’m swapping tire brand to rule that out completely, but currently this ride bothers me more than my Wrangler with M/Ts. The truck was totally smooth when I bought it. Don’t know if the pedal and floor board vibration are related.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I started the lemon law procedure on my 2022 Lariat Screw 4w 157" that has the "shake-vibration-yaw-grind" issue after my 5th trip to the dealer. Surprisingly it got Fords attention, I am told they will be flying an engineer to NJ who is a Ford employee and nothing to do with any of the dealers, who be working on my truck. Give you guys results if and when this ever happens
To date, what did the dealer do to address it?

BigDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
To date, what did the dealer do to address it?
So Far: balanced tires, replaced tires, road forced balance again, adjusted something in the steering that sucks its very loose now. 2 more times, remove balance and rotate tires. Found a few things off kilter - muffler not aligned properly, loose air box. Did the "vibration" sensor test which they say cam back within limits. Took apart rear axle, which ended up just being an inspection they did not find anything wrong. Have taken drives with service managers from 3 different dealers and each one of them says I agree with you something is not right but none can figure out what.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
just swapped my A/T3Ws for KO2s and the overall vibration is reduced — much more relaxed ride, despite Being an E rated tire. So, I may have solved part of the issue. That said, the gas pedal vibration is just ridiculous.

I have the adjustable pedals… some have said it’s a flaw in those. If you adjust the pedal and continue holding the switch, it actually smoothes it out. It doesn’t sound like “gas pedal vibration” is the chief complaint of this thread so I will post in another.

Sponsored

Jayet96

First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 Supercrew
just swapped my A/T3Ws for KO2s and the overall vibration is reduced — much more relaxed ride, despite Being an E rated tire. So, I may have solved part of the issue. That said, the gas pedal vibration is just ridiculous.

I have the adjustable pedals… some have said it’s a flaw in those. If you adjust the pedal and continue holding the switch, it actually smoothes it out. It doesn’t sound like “gas pedal vibration” is the chief complaint of this thread so I will post in another.
I too am swapping tires. I’m going from E rated to C rated this week. I am convinced mine is tire related but will know for sure after I make the swap later this week.

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Screw 3.5EB max tow
Occupation
Tech
I sent my truck to a private shop. They updated me this morning. The truck has a vibration that feels like a rumble strip and a slight hop during hard acceleration. They said definitely driveline issue and suspect the driveshaft. I told them it was brand new. They weren’t impressed. They are removing the shaft measuring the drive angles and sending the shaft to our very highly regarded Mr. Driveshaft shop to have it balanced and checked. Also he felt one of the rear tires out of balance. So I feel that $500 out of pocket will either fix it or point to the rear differential.
The guy who drove my truck has over 40 years of experience. I just know they truck feels like a jumbled mess and the dealer declared it fixed. So we’ll see maybe lemon law around the corner for me too.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I get a slight vibration once I get up to 75, and it gets worse above that. Haven't had it checked out yet but I'll probably try a tire balance first. Hopefully my schedule frees up soon. Most of my commute is 60 and below with a little 75 sprinkled in. I hope it doesn't get more involved than that.

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
The saga continues… the brand new driveshaft was suspect by the private shop. The driveshaft was sent out and was checked today. The driveshaft shop said “ this driveshaft is very out of wack. They are afraid to balance it because they believe that my entire drive train warranty could be voided. I spoke to the service manager and explained. He said that he finds that hard to believe. But once he found out who check the balance he said he would order me another driveshaft today.

BigDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
The saga continues… the brand new driveshaft was suspect by the private shop. The driveshaft was sent out and was checked today. The driveshaft shop said “ this driveshaft is very out of wack. They are afraid to balance it because they believe that my entire drive train warranty could be voided. I spoke to the service manager and explained. He said that he finds that hard to believe. But once he found out who check the balance he said he would order me another driveshaft today.
Hopefully your getting reimbursed for all the expenses

Sponsored

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Hopefully your getting reimbursed for all the expenses
If this fixes the issue and my life can move on this will be the best money I’ve ever spent. They would never have replaced this second driveshaft without proof it was also bad.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If this fixes the issue and my life can move on this will be the best money I’ve ever spent. They would never have replaced this second driveshaft without proof it was also bad.
Is it possible that some other component is messing up your driveshafts? I thought I was the only only with that bad of luck 😬

Were you getting the vibration /grinding in the gas pedal that I and others have discussed in other threads?

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Is it possible that some other component is messing up your driveshafts? I thought I was the only only with that bad of luck 😬

Were you getting the vibration /grinding in the gas pedal that I and others have discussed in other threads?
Thank God I’m not alone with horrible luck. I had a vibration in the seats and pedal no grinding.

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
The shop I used did the road force balance all of the tires were well within specs. Two tires were out of balance just after dealer balanced them. This shop calibrates their balance machine every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Just waiting for the dealer to receive my new driveshaft.

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
I think the problem with the dealers are once they replace a part they rule that part out in any future diagnosis. The private mechanic who drove my truck said at around 55 he started feeling the vibration and immediately knew it was the driveshaft. The hanger bearing was very loose and the driveshaft was out of balance. The dealer kept saying to me “That’s hard to believe “. So apparently I had two new bad driveshafts. I’m hoping that the third is the charm. So maybe a bad run of defective driveshafts. It’s not like they would tells us about them unless a tsb comes out.
Sponsored