First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Screw 3.5EB max tow
Occupation
Tech
I picked up my 22 in September. In the 71-73 mph I had a slight vibration in the gas pedal and seat. It got a little worse at 6k miles. Last week brought it in to the dealer. The dealer said my front left was out 0.75oz front right was out 0.50oz and both rears were out 0.25oz . I drove it home and on the highway it was much worse. I get home and checked the torque and none of the lugs had been torqued and some were down right loose. That taken care of the truck still has a slightly worse vibrations that are from 70 and up. At some speeds my wife can now feel it. This dealer has both the road force and the road force elite balancers. They didn’t indicate if the did a road force balance. So It’s going in Monday to have them recheck the tires.
It seems odd they were so far out of balance from the factory and produced so little vibration initially.

Ford F-150 22 F-150 Tire Vibration image
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
They also said the road tested before and after. My truck had an extra mile of the dash . Do that didn’t happen.

Capecod

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 Max Tow
Occupation
retired
I picked up my 22 in September. In the 71-73 mph I had a slight vibration in the gas pedal and seat. It got a little worse not at 6k miles. Last week brought it in to the dealer. The dealer said my front left was out 0.75oz front right was out 0.50oz and both rears were out 0.25oz . I drove it home and on the highway it was much worse. I get home and checked the torque and none of the lugs had been torqued some were down right loose. That taken care of the truck still has a slight worse vibrations that are from 70 and up. At some speeds my wife can now feel it. This dealer has both the road force and the road force elite balancers. They didn’t indicate if the did a road force balance. So It’s going in Monday to have them recheck the tires.
It seems odd they were so far out of balance from the factory and produced so little vibration initially.

Two 2022 F150's vibration Issues on brand new vehicles from the get go. Dealer replaced driveshaft on one truck. Vast improvement although not perfect in my opinion. Added 3 quarts of transmission fluid. 2nd truck balanced all 4 tires and said transmission was 3 quarts low from factory. Still at dealer as this one is not solved after our road testing at highway speeds. I'm beginning to think these trucks are a vibration nightmare for the dealers to straighten out.

image.jpg

schwangster

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Safety
My 22 XLT still vibrates at 105- 120 kmh after 30,000 km. On 3rd set of tires, 3 times to tire shop for balance and alignment. The dealer did nothing to help.
Watching thisthread for solutions.

Uncle_Booty

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 302A SCrew 5.0 157" 4x4
Occupation
Commercial Truck Leasing
Did the truck sit for a long time on chip/delivery hold?

Sponsored

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
It’s going on tomorrow. If nothing changes I’ve used a very reputable front end shop that has the road force balancer. It’s a small shop but every tech is an experienced ASE master tech. They are a bit pricey but they usually figure things out. The truck never sat. It was one of the few that shipped out right after being built. I received it in less than 20 days.

LegaZ88Z

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Just throwing it out there. But has anyone checked driveline or wheel u-joints? Small likelihood being it's been from day one. Does it seem to eminate from a side or front/back in particular?

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
I spoke with the dealership. They acknowledged the vibration. They believe it’s tire related. They will be doing road force balancing and testing. I’m going to drop it off tomorrow. They wanted it for a few days and will provide me with a loaner. So I’m happy I didn’t get the “ we’re unable to reproduce the problem”.

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
The truck has been in the dealership for 7 days. Luckily they gave me a loaner. Stopped in to check on it since I have to pass the dealership daily. They said they think it’s the drive shaft or possibly the axle. But I’ve been checking my app and it seems the truck hasn’t moved at all. So will wait for them to actually diagnose it.

jpsmitty16

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The truck has been in the dealership for 7 days. Luckily they gave me a loaner. Stopped in to check on it since I have to pass the dealership daily. They said they think it’s the drive shaft or possibly the axle. But I’ve been checking my app and it seems the truck hasn’t moved at all. So will wait for them to actually diagnose it.
Any updates on this?

Sponsored

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I spoke with the dealership. They acknowledged the vibration. They believe it’s tire related. They will be doing road force balancing and testing. I’m going to drop it off tomorrow. They wanted it for a few days and will provide me with a loaner. So I’m happy I didn’t get the “ we’re unable to reproduce the problem”.
I had a similar experience with my truck on the 18” sports and wrangler tires.

Back in November I took the truck in for routine maintenance and to switch to my winters. I told them I was noticing vibration above 100km/h but the geniuses didn’t do a road test until after the winters were put on. Claimed they didn’t notice anything, which is accurate. No issues on my winter wheel/tire setup that the dealer put together for me.

I’m replacing the wranglers with general grabbers this week. Hoping this helps, and hoping that it’s not the wheels themselves.

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Nothing to report. The truck is sitting at the dealership. This Wednesday will be three weeks. They only drove it once for a total of 18 miles. The Ford pass hasn’t been working since last Wednesday since the truck went into deep sleep. I email the service manager yesterday.

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
One month in and dealer still has my truck. Dealer called today to update me. They said they eliminated the tires/wheels, as they used a known good set off of another truck. They said the driveshaft checked out. Now the tech is using some kind of sensor to detect the vibration. So apparently the tech is using my truck to go back and forth from home. It’s ok if they can figure this out.

ThunderKat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’m very curious as to what they find out. I’ve been getting a slight vibration above 70mph, but it didn’t happen until I swapped wheels. I’ve had the wheels and tires balanced three times already.

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
I still think it’s an out of round tire. Initially the vibration was slight and only felt in gas pedal about 71-74 then went away. They balanced and rotated the tires and things were worse. I now feel it in the entire truck and steering wheel. I’m letting the dealer look at this. My plan b is to bring it to a local front end shop and have them road force the tires. They’ve found out of round tires when I had an issue with new tires purchased from a tire company that balanced them and sent me out of the door.
Sponsored