Sponsored

2024 Information - Colors, Options, What Do You Know?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
First hand knowledge is the most credible. Thanks
It's gotten to the point that when I go to make changes, I have to wrap my thumb around the side of the screen so that the exact ~5/8" square I want to touch is pressed. If you accidently turn on the seat heater because you missed the fan button, you then have to press it 3 more times as you cycle through medium, low, and then off. Then you go back to trying to hit the fan button. To change active vents / recirc, you must first hit one of those little buttons on the right of the screen to bring up the climate sub menu. After making this change, you hit the button again or wait for a 10 second timeout before that screen-wide sub menu vanishes.

Why is it so clunky? Because there's no buttons and things must be spaced out to reduce mis-hits because there's no physical button. I could rant about how poor the man-machine interface is all day :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and all of the button pushing is assuming it doesn't glitch out. Sure you hit it 3 more times, but did it register them? Nah, it was thinking about it but it was like, I'm just going to ignore your presses, or queue them so when you press it again because it didn't respond it goes "just kidding, I registered the presses, now lets actually process them" -- MFers!
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm a dinosaur who LOVES technology. And EV's too.
But I definitely am not enamored with the starkness of the buttonless interiors.
Quite the opposite, in fact.
I love the cockpit of the Powerboost all dolled up with every feature available. If I were to blink and it became a Lightning, there's not a button in it that I would prefer to dissappear.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I'm a dinosaur who LOVES technology. And EV's too.
But I definitely am not enamored with the starkness of the buttonless interiors.
Quite the opposite, in fact.
I love the cockpit of the Powerboost all dolled up with every feature available. If I were to blink and it became a Lightning, there's not a button in it that I would prefer to dissappear.
They could make a new piano button assembly with OLED behind it that's just a 'pretty black' button panel but covered in a hard gorilla glass that are physical buttons with index dots. Leave the configuration / customization fully open and allow basic macros for all vehicle functions with the one condition that they may adapt any part of anyone's logic. It'd look like a screen but would be physical buttons and a rotary knobs, 2 buttons in the center for function change. It's state and level also shows up in HUD. Make it touch sensitive so when your hand is on it, what it is and it's state shows in hud immediately in an intuitive manner. Make a 'tech' package, truly a tech package for people to customize (optionally, base factory acceptable mode of operation standard). Allow for gauge panel configs in APIM, select any PID and a gauge style (also user customizable skins, with a little customer market place for approved such things) Ford could even tax the little store for some revenue.

Make an outfitter's option that comes with 6 programable relays as well as a little control board where temp and other monitoring capabilities as well as PCM and PWM control schemes possible, also easily tied into the custom buttons / macros. Protect all important stuff at the core level, sandbox everything customers can play with. Configure vehicle via wifi connect for uploading gauges / button configs / even new button icons. Such capability would have an owners own icon (or select from a bunch of defaults, text optional) on a button that can, in one press command windows up, a different drive mode selected, exterior lights turning on, pressure transducers providing feedback for an air compressor that can select various air paths via controllable manifolds and monitor each one.

With them starting to make their own electronics, these easy features could be included w/ out much fuss. Sell an OTA FDRS type thing as well for applicable updates. So much $ to be made with little things that they don't need to resort to $800 / yr bluecruise nonsense. They could sell custom 'tunes' like aftermarket, more reasonably priced with option warranty coverage that's purchasable if things are made to run a little harder.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You're killing me

Sponsored

SportySpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
Ford ended up making it available on the SuperDuty only, not F-150.
Right, and Ford didn't make Space White an option for the Super Duty. It appears like they are now; however, just under a different name.
Sponsored