2024 CHMSL Cam (aka 'Bed Cam')?

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Maybe it's been answered but search didn't yield a definitive answer (nor did the Order Guide) ....

Does any 2024 trim or option package get the CHMSL Cam (aka 'Bed Cam')?

By chance has anyone taken delivery of a 2024 ordered with the DIO Individual Trailer TPMS/Customer-Placed Trailer Camera, and did the truck ordered with that Dealer Installed Option come with the CHMSL / Bed Cam?

Trying to figure out if there's any way to get that 'Bed Cam' as OE on a 2024, it's a useful hitching-assist feature for folks towing a 5th-wheel / gooseneck trailer (BTDT and I love it on my 2022 Lariat towing the rig pictured and described in my signature block; at that time it was part of the 360-degree cam package).

TIA
Sponsored

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platinum 701A
Occupation
Engineering/Commercial Construction
Maybe it's been answered but search didn't yield a definitive answer (nor did the Order Guide) ....

By chance has anyone taken delivery of a 2024 ordered with the DIO Individual Trailer TPMS/Customer-Placed Trailer Camera, and did the truck ordered with that Dealer Installed Option come with the CHMSL / Bed Cam?

Trying to figure out if there's any way to get that 'Bed Cam' as OE on a 2024, it's a useful hitching-assist feature for folks towing a 5th-wheel / gooseneck trailer (BTDT and I love it on my 2022 Lariat towing the rig pictured and described in my signature block; at that time it was part of the 360-degree cam package).

TIA
Not sure about the trailer camera, but the only trim that comes with the CHMSL camera in 2024 is the Platinum (and at least one variation of the Raptor).

Like you said, this was undefined in the order guide and it wasn’t until trucks started arriving that it finally was clear. Even the KR trucks do NOT have the factory bed camera.

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
Not sure about the trailer camera, but the only trim that comes with the CHMSL camera in 2024 is the Platinum (and at least one variation of the Raptor).

Like you said, this was undefined in the order guide and it wasn’t until trucks started arriving that it finally was clear. Even the KR trucks do NOT have the factory bed camera.
Geez this makes me XLT feel premium lol

OP
OP
Buyer2021

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
Bummer, but thanks for the reality check.

I realize many of my interests are niche items, but I gotta say that Ford's move to fewer options and cost-cutting efficiencies are really putting a damper on my willingness to encourage like-minded friends to consider a new F150.

More than a few have expressed envy and interest in my 2022 Lariat SuperCab and its particular features, it's a bummer having to explain that combination of things can't be had today at any price. :cry:

I'm happy to have mine, but there's no satisfaction at all in gloating about it to those folks, so that's now studiously avoided.

So it goes.

Last edited:

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Seems something like the bed camera would become standard. Reason I bought a 2021 was to get everything deleted in later years. Thought 2024 was supposed to bring everything back after the chip issues. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
The number of times I use the Bed cam is few. However it does get used whenever I'm towing and get into one of those areas on interstates where the lanes are narrow......and lots of traffic.

Last edited:

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

I realize many of my interests are niche items, but I gotta say that Ford's move to fewer options and cost-cutting efficiencies are really putting a damper on my willingness to encourage like-minded friends to consider a new F150.

More than a few have expressed envy and interest in my 2022 Lariat SuperCab and its particular features, it's a bummer having to explain that combination of things can't be had today at any price. :cry:

I'm happy to have mine, but there's no satisfaction at all in gloating about it to those folks, so that's now studiously avoided.

So it goes.
With some of the dumb changes Jim Farley has made to the F-150 in my opinion Ford's dominance in truck sales is probably going to come to an end.

Myrnavashaw

First Name
Myrna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat

TIA
My 23 Lariat didn't come with one but as a 5th wheel tower wanted it. Bought an OEM from a dealer online and installed in about 20 minutes. I then used Forscan to make changes. It works great and is actually an option view on the camera button

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance

So it goes.
So true, I'm starting to feel the stress of what it must be like for these folks driving around in million $ Ferrari's, etc.

I'm paranoid that if my truck got totaled, it's almost irreplaceable.

mau47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 502A Powerboost FX4
With some of the dumb changes Jim Farley has made to the F-150 in my opinion Ford's dominance in truck sales is probably going to come to an end.
I mean at this point they have the crown by technicality only. GM sold more if you combine Silverado and Sierra which are essentially the same truck with different badging. That said I still prefer Ford (obviously since I am here) and hope they get through this rough stretch of what seems to be lack of quality control and panic to fix it at the cost of customization.

I don't mind the streamlining of options, I thought the old system of being able to order almost any trim with almost any option was a bit absurd and made finding the pricing sweet spot for the options you wanted harder than needed. It took me a few hours to figure out that for the options important to me a Lariat 502 with some extras added on was a better deal than a KR or Platinum (esp in 2023 with all the deletes). However, I feel like the pendulum went a little too far in the other direction on what trims get what.

Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I mean at this point they have the crown by technicality only. GM sold more if you combine Silverado and Sierra which are essentially the same truck with different badging. That said I still prefer Ford (obviously since I am here) and hope they get through this rough stretch of what seems to be lack of quality control and panic to fix it at the cost of customization.

I don't mind the streamlining of options, I thought the old system of being able to order almost any trim with almost any option was a bit absurd and made finding the pricing sweet spot for the options you wanted harder than needed. It took me a few hours to figure out that for the options important to me a Lariat 502 with some extras added on was a better deal than a KR or Platinum (esp in 2023 with all the deletes). However, I feel like the pendulum went a little too far in the other direction on what trims get what.
I have decided my next truck will be a Lariat, for me it is the most bang for the buck. But I am disappointed with what Ford has done as to various packages and options.

themcmercslr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum 3.5EB
So true, I'm starting to feel the stress of what it must be like for these folks driving around in million $ Ferrari's, etc.

I'm paranoid that if my truck got totaled, it's almost irreplaceable.
I feel the same way, except my 'perfect' spec 2021 was rear ended which has piqued my interest in the 24s. Ignoring the fact you can swap it in, I would hate to lose the temp displays on the dials.

I detest the pro access tailgate, so it looks like if I have to replace this truck it would be a Job 1 24 KR 6.5' (or a 23 Platinum 6.5' with no deletes).. the 24 non plus Platinum is barely distinguishable now from other models with the standard black appearance trim and wheels. They took the PN trimming too, too far.

OP
OP
Buyer2021

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
Just for grins, here's a matrix showing the results of a 'best effort' to replicate the, for me, most important features on my carefully specified 'ideal' 2022 F150 with a 2024. Red boxes indicate shortcomings. No matter how you cut it there's way too many compromises for me to be happy with any 2024, knocking on wood in hope that nothing happens to my 2022 'long-term keeper'. BTW, I was among the lucky, my 2022 was delivered exactly as ordered (no factory-forced feature removals).

Yeah, there's a few other 'features' that come with the '24s, but none are important to me, none offset the shortcomings shown in the matrix (e.g. PAT holds no appeal for me, though it's included in the '24 Lariat build just to get the power up/down which is a useful step-saver when hitching my 5th wheel).

Note that the XLT 301A is the highest trim-level / equipment group SuperCab available in 2024, the SuperCab is not available with higher equipment group XLT's.

Yeah, everyone has different priorities, these are mine more-or-less in order of importance, YMMV.

Ford F-150 2024 CHMSL Cam (aka 'Bed Cam')? 2022 v 2024 truck order

My much-loved 2022 ....
Ford F-150 2024 CHMSL Cam (aka 'Bed Cam')? 01 R

Ford F-150 2024 CHMSL Cam (aka 'Bed Cam')? 02 R

Attachments

Last edited:

mau47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 502A Powerboost FX4
Just for grins, here's a matrix showing the results of a 'best effort' to replicate the, for me, most important features on my carefully specified 'ideal' 2022 F150 with a 2024. Red boxes indicate shortcomings. No matter how you cut it there's way too many compromises for me to be happy with any 2024, knocking on wood in hope that nothing happens to my 2022 'long-term keeper'. BTW, I was among the lucky, my 2022 was delivered exactly as ordered (no factory-forced feature removals).

Yeah, there's a few other 'features' that come with the '24s, but none are important to me, none offset the shortcomings shown in the matrix (e.g. PAT holds no appeal for me, though it's included in the '24 Lariat build just to get the power up/down which is a useful step-saver when hitching my 5th wheel).

Note that the XLT 301A is the highest trim-level / equipment group SuperCab available in 2024, the SuperCab is not available with higher equipment group XLT's.

Yeah, everyone has different priorities, these are mine more-or-less in order of importance, YMMV.

2022 v 2024 truck order.jpg

My much-loved 2022 ....
01 R.png

02 R.png
Yeah, it's a shame, for me I would have to step into a platinum now which would also force the sun roof and a few other things on me which that I am not interested in. Going to be keeping my 23 as long as possible.

MyFirstF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 F150 3.5EB SuperCrew 4x4 5.5' Lariat (ordered)
I don't have an answer yet, but I did order a 2024 F150 Lariat that includes the DIO Individual Trailer TPMS/Customer-Placed Trailer Camera. Per both the Ford sales consultant and her rep, the truck will come with the CHMSL / Bed Cam. I'm skeptical but I have my fingers crossed. So far, I'm 2 weeks into a 4-6 month wait, and the build hasn't been scheduled yet, so I still have a long wait.

Assuming the truck arrives without the CHMSL camera, has anyone added it to a 2024 F150 Lariat? The part number I found (NL3Z-13A613-A) only shows as fitting 2021-2023 models. Is there a different part number for 2024?
Sponsored