Sponsored

2023 F150 XLT 302 High - school/railroad warning not working

egh43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Randy,
I hear you. I have been writing software for over 35 years, so I get that a bug can occur when making a change to software, but I put my software through the paces before releasing it and have been fortunate to not have too many bugs through the years. What "bugs" me is how much these trucks cost, and I have a software bug that will be crazy hard to get Ford to acknowledge, but even worse is the cheap springs used to hold up the center console lid. I have had my hands smacked several times, when it just falls closed because the springs are too weak. I have complained several times to Ford about it, and get the same response, we have no fix for that issue. Guess I will do the 10 cent fix like everyone else.

Looking forward to hearing if the reload fixes your issue!
Eric
Sponsored

OP
OP

Randy Stoner

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 302 High Package
Occupation
self employed
Current update: Had the truck into a dealer for four (4) days now and they dont know how to fix the problem. Waiting on Ford engineering to think on it. I told them Im coming for the truck and they said we will call you when engineering has it solved. I got a better chance of getting my period and im 66 and male.

Randy

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
they are probably still thinking about it unless he went and stole it back from them.....

Alfecupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
Randy,
I hear you. I have been writing software for over 35 years, so I get that a bug can occur when making a change to software, but I put my software through the paces before releasing it and have been fortunate to not have too many bugs through the years. What "bugs" me is how much these trucks cost, and I have a software bug that will be crazy hard to get Ford to acknowledge, but even worse is the cheap springs used to hold up the center console lid. I have had my hands smacked several times, when it just falls closed because the springs are too weak. I have complained several times to Ford about it, and get the same response, we have no fix for that issue. Guess I will do the 10 cent fix like everyone else.

Looking forward to hearing if the reload fixes your issue!
Eric
Oh, I just love these responses from the dealer. Exactly what I expect when buying a brand new car with a warranty. I understand that programming is not an easy thing, and some errors may appear during updates, but they must be eliminated immediately.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
My friend studied java in college. And he said that https://edubirdie.com/java-help recommended that he test his software before releasing it to a wide audience. Especially on such a large scale.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Randy Stoner

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
self employed
Update: Spoke to Ford Customer Service. They said Ford Engineering has received no request from my dealer for assistance. Seems like my dealer lied to me when they said they forwarded it to them. I spoke with Ford IT people who do the update and they said "it could be that that feature due to customer complaints about it "Working", may have been removed as an offer", but they did say please wait for the next update to see if it still works.

So oddly enough there are two places in a 20mile radius that is actually does work. Im wondering if perhaps it has something to do with sign recognition and the onboard forward camera that may be out of alignment and only seeing the signs at these two places. There are approximately 12 school zones and perhaps 30 railroad crossings in that radius and only two give the audible chimes in a school zone and none for the crossings. Another oddity is that it shows on the nav screen only going one way and not if i am returning over the same tracks or approaching the School Zones coming from the other direction it does NOT show on the screen.

Most dont like this feature, I DO and i expect it to work if its a function I paid to have.

Randy

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Update: Spoke to Ford Customer Service. They said Ford Engineering has received no request from my dealer for assistance. Seems like my dealer lied to me when they said they forwarded it to them. I spoke with Ford IT people who do the update and they said "it could be that that feature due to customer complaints about it "Working", may have been removed as an offer", but they did say please wait for the next update to see if it still works.

So oddly enough there are two places in a 20mile radius that is actually does work. Im wondering if perhaps it has something to do with sign recognition and the onboard forward camera that may be out of alignment and only seeing the signs at these two places. There are approximately 12 school zones and perhaps 30 railroad crossings in that radius and only two give the audible chimes in a school zone and none for the crossings. Another oddity is that it shows on the nav screen only going one way and not if i am returning over the same tracks or approaching the School Zones coming from the other direction it does NOT show on the screen.

Most dont like this feature, I DO and i expect it to work if its a function I paid to have.

Randy
This almost sounds like the trigger for school zone or rail crossing in the map data file is missing if it works at some but not others. I remember reading a thing from Farily, that each module is programed by the supplier and not Ford. so any changes have to be done by them and not Ford. He was trying to make the software development in house.

OP
OP

Randy Stoner

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
self employed
Im not using the "Waze" app. Im not sure what it even is but the trucks school and railway zones chimes worked before without any app except what is built into the truck. i have a ford streaming subscription, Amazon alexa etc also and it all worked prior to Dec 5 on or about.

randy
A new update. The system

OP
OP

Randy Stoner

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
self employed
latest Update:
So an interesting quirk. When approaching a local school zone the icon showed on the screen. I had to turn onto a side street that happened to have a second school zone sign and guess what the chime when off. This also happened at a railroad crossing where the tracks intersected the road and the road to the left of me. When i approach the first track, the icon appears and when i turn towards the second track (90 deg turn), it went off again. Never ever used to do this but it seems to work when two zones are at 90 degrees of each other. Hope that makes sense.

randy
Sponsored