Sponsored

2022 Wiper Motor

KJ018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Hey everyone,
I’ve had my ‘22 for about 2 months now and the wipers quit working on me last week. Anyone had similar issues? My dealer estimated that I cannot get them fixed until June. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Not driving in the rain is impossible for what I do for work.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey everyone,
I’ve had my ‘22 for about 2 months now and the wipers quit working on me last week. Anyone had similar issues? My dealer estimated that I cannot get them fixed until June. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Not driving in the rain is impossible for what I do for work.
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist you with this parts delay on my end.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
There is a recall out for this. Bulletin number listed in another thread.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist you with this parts delay on my end.
Demand a loaner from your dealer !!!

Sponsored

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Hey everyone,
Contact a lawyer for lemon law if they won't provide you a loaner.

Driving without windshield wipers is putting your safety at risk.

Mikey5556

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
When I called Ford about mine, which I hadn't even taken delivery of, they told me to talk to the dealer, the part is on a national backorder. Yet Ford is pushing out trucks still from the factory. How about pulling one of those part and shipping to my dealer for install and complete a truck that has already shipped and been delivered to the end user first. I have a received my truck from the factory with non-working wipers. Also the motor. 2022 Lariat. Waited 4 months to get a truck that was put together with parts that don't work.

OP
OP

KJ018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
When I called Ford about mine, which I hadn't even taken delivery of, they told me to talk to the dealer, the part is on a national backorder. Yet Ford is pushing out trucks still from the factory. How about pulling one of those part and shipping to my dealer for install and complete a truck that has already shipped and been delivered to the end user first. I have a received my truck from the factory with non-working wipers. Also the motor. 2022 Lariat. Waited 4 months to get a truck that was put together with parts that don't work.
That’s what I’m saying. It’s been months and it’s still not resolved. Ford on here did nothing for me except say, “your dealership has done everything they can for you.” I’ve been diligent in Rain-X treating my window and strategically choosing when I drive. I have a 1000+ mile trip coming up in July, if it isn’t resolved by then I’m going to consider my rights as a buyer, I love the truck but how long do they expect us to deal with a major safety issue. Especially as you mentioned, when they clearly have the part if they are still producing vehicles.

Drburka

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 platinum
I've had the same problem. I'm in the same boat. Ford has been utterly useless. It's a complete joke that they are cranking out trucks everyday with working wiper motors but claim the part is "unavailable". I'm so tired of hearing it's a supply chain issue. It's not a supply chain issue. It's a supply allocation issue. They are choosing to use the parts they do have to continue pumping out trucks they can get paid for instead of repairing trucks they built with faulty parts.

On the thread I posted someone suggested aquapel / trico view - apparently last much longer than RainX. The post claimed it lasted 12-18 months of California. The company apparently says it last 6 months. That beats re-applying rainX every few days.

If anyone from Ford is reading these - they should know, they are going to be liable for a huge lawsuit when someone gets in an accident because their wiper motor fails while Ford were busy shunting good wiper motors to new vehicles instead of fulfilling a recall for a known manufacturing fault. It's a safety issue Ford - do better!

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
I'm the owner of a new 22 I just received about a week ago (after a 6 month wait), and I couldn't agree more.

Sponsored

ghiaguy0

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 king ranch
Occupation
Owner Hocking Cabin Rentals
I have a 2022 F150 I just picked up in June. Wiper motor went out 2 weeks after purchase. Has been sitting on the dealers lot for over 30 days. They tried to switch out the motor but no luck. Waiting on the part. They have no eta for repair. The dealership was pretty good. THey had not sold my old truck yet so im driving it now.

ghiaguy0

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 king ranch
Occupation
Hey everyone,
Did you ever get it fixed? Having the exact issue.

OP
OP

KJ018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Did you ever get it fixed? Having the exact issue.
Yeah I did on June 1st. Haven’t had an issue at all since. I’m really surprised that they sold you a truck with an active recall. Everyone has their own personal opinion about it but keep in mind your rights as a buyer with this. 30 days with no repair constitutes a lemon. (at least in my state) Covid supply constraints doesn’t effect it. Making payments on a truck that sits for months kind of sucks. My option wasn’t going to be go the lemon route since I loved the truck but to try and get them to make payments after consulting an attorney.

It ended up being resolved before I went that far, my attorney tried to get me to still try and get payments from the previous couple months but I just wanted it to be over with.

ghiaguy0

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 king ranch
Occupation
Yeah I did on June 1st. Haven’t had an issue at all since. I’m really surprised that they sold you a truck with an active recall. Everyone has their own personal opinion about it but keep in mind your rights as a buyer with this. 30 days with no repair constitutes a lemon. (at least in my state) Covid supply constraints doesn’t effect it. Making payments on a truck that sits for months kind of sucks. My option wasn’t going to be go the lemon route since I loved the truck but to try and get them to make payments after consulting an attorney.

It ended up being resolved before I went that far, my attorney tried to get me to still try and get payments from the previous couple months but I just wanted it to be over with.
I called Ford and talked about the motor and lemon law. I told them the situation and she tried to call my dealer to get and update but got no response or eta. Next thing I know I have a case number for a buy back. Have tried to call the rep back and email but no response.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat V8
Occupation
Happily Retired - USMÇ
WOW, I got lucky. less than a month into owning my 22 Lariat F150 my wipers quit dead also. Luckily my dealer took me right in and had a motor in stock and I was out the door with new motor in less than 2 hours!! LUCKY guy here. I got the last wiper motor they had in stock!!
Sponsored