Sponsored

2022 Lariat or 2021 Platinum

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
I find it amusing to see all the guys who wish to de-chrome their trucks... Someplace out there is someone looking to add chrome.
Sponsored

Swags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Bronco OBX, 2020 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I find it amusing to see all the guys who wish to de-chrome their trucks... Someplace out there is someone looking to add chrome.
Too bad it's not easier to trade trim pieces :)

I am firmly in the anti-chrome camp and I get disappointed that above the Lariat chrome is so heavily utilized. I'll be interested in seeing the BAP on the Platinum on the road. I was quite close to ordering the Platinum + BAP but instead went with a loaded Lariat sport. I know I will be happy with it, but that Platinum interior is just so nice IMHO.

OP
OP
Dirt Fisher

Dirt Fisher

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 ordered
Occupation
CO
yup, lariat sport. Hate the chrome on the platinum/limited

502a and the extras I have means Im Not really missing out on too many features.
I hate chrome too hence going with the blackout package on the Lariat I ordered

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
I hate chrome too hence going with the blackout package on the Lariat I ordered
WHATS WITH ALL THE CHROME HATE?

The BLACK out was always on XL and is the cheap look IMO

There is no way you can tell me a Lariat Sport looks richer than a Platinum..

I get enjoying the look of colour match as my 350 Tremor is a sport, but chrome bumpers hold up so much better, and to me personally look more expensive of a truck.

Sponsored

Swags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Bronco OBX, 2020 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer

I get enjoying the look of colour match as my 350 Tremor is a sport, but chrome bumpers hold up so much better, and to me personally look more expensive of a truck.
What can I say, I'm just not a fan ?‍♂. I don't hate it, but I don't want it on my truck and I don't see why it should limit my choices but here we are.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
I'm OK with some tasteful splashes of chrome here and there. I like the painted bumpers better than chrome, but that wasn't always the case for me.

My current driver came with grey factory wheels and the first thing I did was find a set of brushed aluminum Limited wheels on E-pay, I've been running them for 15 1/2 years.

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Yeah, I'm in the less chrome camp as well. While I'd have liked the Platinum seats, I like the exterior of the Lariat Sport much more. All that chrome just looks too blingy to me for a truck that's intended to be an off-road/overlanding vehicle. And with the 502a package, the Lariat is pretty close to the Platinum in specs.

Simon11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502a
People don't like chrome man. I don't know if it's a generational thing or if it's just a sizable segment of the population in general. I too am in the minimal chrome camp. I'm not gonna dog the Platinum as it's a baller truck with exception of that tailgate plaque. But when I had my choice I went sport pkg on mine to reduce the chrome.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect

(emphasis added by me)

I don't care if my truck looks more expensive. I want my truck to appeal to my eye and I don't care that much for Chrome. I got used to it on my '17 (because I got the thing for like 25% under sticker before rebates, etc), but I always preferred those without chrome.

I do agree that I think it's a generational thing. I do get less compliments on my new rapid red sport package lariat than I did my Oxford White chrome package lariat, but I didn't buy it for others. I bought it for me :)

I think it's a personal thing and honestly, I really like the platinum grill. I wish there was a blacked out version of it.

Sponsored

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
I do agree that I think it's a generational thing. I do get less compliments on my new rapid red sport package lariat than I did my Oxford White chrome package lariat, but I didn't buy it for others. I bought it for me :)

I think it's a personal thing and honestly, I really like the platinum grill. I wish there was a blacked out version of it.
A blacked out Plat grill would look awesome. Every salesman I talked to tried to get me in a Platinum but I didn't want to spend more money for something I didn't want and then spend more money deleting all the chrome on it. I do think some of the blacked out tailgates (that cover the chrome plate bs) look good depending on the color of the truck, but it wasn't worth it to me.

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order

It doesn't... but not everyone who buys a Platinum wants to be that "flashy". The grille is MUCH nicer on the platinum IMHO -- although I'd make the 1 horizontal bar in the middle body-coloured, similar to how the KR is painted brown.

A couple of chrome accents imo is classy... on a dark coloured truck, I think the side badge, window mouldings, and running board trim makes a lot of sense. The chrome mirrors and doorhandles IMO just look cheap IMO.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
(emphasis added by me)

I don't care if my truck looks more expensive. I want my truck to appeal to my eye and I don't care that much for Chrome. I got used to it on my '17 (because I got the thing for like 25% under sticker before rebates, etc), but I always preferred those without chrome.

Yeah I mean “not looking expensive” is part of why I bought a truck in the first place. Curious if that is part of the generational thing. I’m younger (older millennial) and most of the people I know are trying to hide wealth not show it. Not sure if that is generational or cultural or what.

My first boss pulled in way over $1MM a year and drove an Accord though so maybe it is just that I spend to much time with wealthy finance and economics types…

rglinski

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150 limited
Occupation
retired
i can say a bit of chrome isnt bad ... BUT NOT THE BUMPERS .
Sponsored