First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Machinist
After leaving the truck for awhile I come back and try to open the tailgate with the fob lights flash no sound tailgate won’t open until a door is opened. Then it works normal. This is only with the key fob.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Sounds like the Tailgate Passive entry antenna could be an issue. Need to scan and see if you have a DTC in the BCM forscan a antenna.

Antimatter_KingRanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 3.5PB FX4 Loaded
Occupation
Program Manager
Ever figure it out? Mine does the same...

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I had this problem this evening. I had a spray in bedliner installed yesterday. The tailgate handle button opened the tailgate this morning. I tried again around 7:00pm and the lights flashed but tailgate did not open. I then hit the fob button x2 and same result. The dash switch did not work either.

i messed with it a few more times tonight and sometimes it opened with the 3 methods, and other times nothing worked. Truck is 3 weeks old with 700 miles.
I guess i need to check the harness in the morning.

Tmob78

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150, 21 F450
It is not the harness in the tailgate. I had the same thing happen before I got my bedliner installed. Ford replaced all the wiring in my tailgate because they said the overspray on the wireless was causing the issue. Even after they replaced the harness, it still did it. They also replaced the tail gate actuator swell and the dint work either. After 8+ trips to the dealer totaling over 30 days in their hands for this issue and a few other intermittent electrical issues. Despite having close to 100 videos of all of the problems, 2 dealers and Ford customer service said there is nothing we can do to solve this since they can not recreate the issues. I have currently hired an attorney to try to help me get this resolved. Ford has been a pain the butt lately
Sponsored