Sponsored

drnimrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Raptor, 2012 Acura MDX
I called Ford performance on June 28th and was told it was scheduled for production on August 2nd.

I have my VIN, so I've been tracking it since the week of August 2nd, hoping to see the "In Production" status. No movement, so I finally decided to call FP back and check with them, and they are now telling me September 27th!

I'm not shocked by any means, and I understand the nature of the current situation (COVID/chip shortages) but I have been told both by my dealer and FP that there would be no delays. Has anyone else had their order delayed like this?
Sponsored

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor, 2012 Mustang GT
I called Ford performance on June 28th and was told it was scheduled for production on August 2nd.

I have my VIN, so I've been tracking it since the week of August 2nd, hoping to see the "In Production" status. No movement, so I finally decided to call FP back and check with them, and they are now telling me September 27th!

I'm not shocked by any means, and I understand the nature of the current situation (COVID/chip shortages) but I have been told both by my dealer and FP that there would be no delays. Has anyone else had their order delayed like this?
I do believe a lot of early and mid august build date raptor buyers had their orders changed to 9/13 and 9/27.

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
Yeah this is old news, I was scheduled week of 8/2 then got an actual build day of 8/4 then got pushed to 9/27. Pretty frustrating as they didn't shuffle everyone back and keep the line so to speak the same. If you were at the front solid chance you are now at the back

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150

Of course they told you that there won’t be any delays and the reason for this is because they don’t want you to purchase another vehicle from another brand.

With the current chip situation as we as everything related to CV19, one must take what the dealer and FP says with a grain of salt.

Until the chip problem is back to normal, patience is the name of the game with any new or ordered vehicle.

Last edited:

KOTYKB

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Huracan EVO Spyder, 22' Raptor 37
Occupation
Engineer
I put my order in on June 10th but Ford hasn't picked up the build yet. If I have the spray in bed liner and tonneau cover, could this slow down the acceptance of the build?

Sponsored

Hemmy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
I put my order in on June 10th but Ford hasn't picked up the build yet. If I have the spray in bed liner and tonneau cover, could this slow down the acceptance of the build?
No, spray in bed liner won't delay it, nor should the tonneau cover. I have the spray in bed liner on mine and it is getting built tomorrow. Deleting the auto start/stop might help speed things up if you have not done that already.
There have been a lot of people that have not been scheduled yet and I wonder if their dealer took orders beyond what they had allocated. One dealer told me they didn't have any allocations but they could still take my order.

stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Raptor
It's simply due to issues on the production line for a new vehicle --- this happens all the time but is exacerbated by dealers "promising" (or people hearing something they think is a promise) that a vehicle will have no delays.

Think about it -- that's impossible to guarantee and I don't think anyone would take a dealers word on it.

Ford F-150 2021 Raptor Order / Production Bumped Almost 2 Months 200

RaptorNewbNJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Focus and 2021 F150 Raptor 37" on order
Join the club bud. Had a 8/9 build week and on July 15 I was pushed to 9/6. Counting down the days!!

RaptorNewbNJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Focus and 2021 F150 Raptor 37" on order
You started out behind me, but ended up 2 weeks ahead. I call this a win for you! :LOL:
And that's how the cookie crumbles......I'm just happy to have a build day of 9/10.

Sponsored

JAB2435

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Occupation
retired
Has anyone heard if Ford is going to push the Sept 15th date for 2022 Raptor orders ?

jmalinov

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Bronco
hey team-- new here and frankly not sure how active this forum is.

how long ago did some of you order your raptors? and whats been on turnaround time?

honestly, getting kinda fed up with the bronco fiasco right now -- and i do think its too small for my family and am seriously considering just ordering a raptor.

CE73

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Raptor
Occupation
Mfg Engineer
hey team-- new here and frankly not sure how active this forum is.

how long ago did some of you order your raptors? and whats been on turnaround time?

honestly, getting kinda fed up with the bronco fiasco right now -- and i do think its too small for my family and am seriously considering just ordering a raptor.
I think most of us ordered as soon as we could, around 6/11. Looks like they are just starting to ship, mines in production now. I do believe all 2021 allocations are taken, you may find some dealer stock ones out there though. 2022 order banks open here soon though for a possible December-January delivery

jmalinov

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Bronco
I think most of us ordered as soon as we could, around 6/11. Looks like they are just starting to ship, mines in production now. I do believe all 2021 allocations are taken, you may find some dealer stock ones out there though. 2022 order banks open here soon though for a possible December-January delivery
this is exactly what i was looking for -- thank you
Sponsored