2021 F150 Ford Power-Up 1.7.1

jpero

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost 302A MaxTow
@JONDNICOLLE Did you end up getting anywhere with your updates? I also have a 2021 F-150 302A that is stuck on 1.7.1 - Version: 21146_PRODUCT Revision: 145
Sponsored

OP
OP
JONDNICOLLE

JONDNICOLLE

First Name
JON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 ECOBOOST XLT 302A
Occupation
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Unfortunately no… I haven’t bought the mongoose cable. Though, Ford Canada has agreed that they need to fix it and have set up another appointment with my dealership. The same one that said “there is no update”. So I’ll let you know what they end up doing. They said the APIM specifically has failed and needs to be fixed or replaced so I’m not sure what that even is going to look like.

fastlane

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 xlt powerstroke
My 21 has never updated since new and then all of the sudden yesterday 2/18/24 decided to update to 1.7.1.
My warranty was up back in November, so I turned auto updates off not wanting to deal with an update causing some sort of problem that would then be on my dime (I’ve read where this has happened to people). But I got the alert on forspass.
Decided to live dangerously and approved the update and it apparently was successful. I don’t see any visible change in the function of the truck. The update description claims it fixes bugs and enables nav to show on the cluster…I have tried that but doesn’t seem to do it.
Anyway. Just chiming in here because I’m even more behind than the OP here is! Haha.

OP
OP
JONDNICOLLE

JONDNICOLLE

First Name
JON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
SO ford replaced my APIM module and the result is still sad. My sync 4 went from Rev 145 to 415 - the only noticeable change was that I can choose multiple update days and I see navigation prompts on my cluster that are within 200m or something. HOWEVER, it will not tell me what version of ford power up I’m at because I saw that info in “update details” which is now blank besides saying “up to date”. I still cannot do full screen Apple Car Play.

So far it hasn’t fixed my issue. It just gave me a slightly more updated APIM but nothing else. The hope is that the truck will now receive OTA Updates because the last code it got was “failed APIM update” according to the dealership. So we hope that next time it will work.

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Ford Power-Up 1.7.1 IMG_6477

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Ford Power-Up 1.7.1 IMG_5537

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
My 21 has never updated since new and then all of the sudden yesterday 2/18/24 decided to update to 1.7.1.
My warranty was up back in November, so I turned auto updates off not wanting to deal with an update causing some sort of problem that would then be on my dime (I’ve read where this has happened to people). But I got the alert on forspass.
Decided to live dangerously and approved the update and it apparently was successful. I don’t see any visible change in the function of the truck. The update description claims it fixes bugs and enables nav to show on the cluster…I have tried that but doesn’t seem to do it.
Anyway. Just chiming in here because I’m even more behind than the OP here is! Haha.
What Sync version does your touchscreen say you're on?

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
SO ford replaced my APIM module and the result is still sad. My sync 4 went from Rev 145 to 415 - the only noticeable change was that I can choose multiple update days and I see navigation prompts on my cluster that are within 200m or something. HOWEVER, it will not tell me what version of ford power up I’m at because I saw that info in “update details” which is now blank besides saying “up to date”. I still cannot do full screen Apple Car Play.

So far it hasn’t fixed my issue. It just gave me a slightly more updated APIM but nothing else. The hope is that the truck will now receive OTA Updates because the last code it got was “failed APIM update” according to the dealership. So we hope that next time it will work.
Model serial # matches what Ford has on their side, but Ford is showing you're on Sync 21233 and not 22087. It could be fine, but I would message Jesse with the pic you just posted that says 22087 so that he can check the config and make sure. When the dealer installed the new APIM, they did two PMI's and the first one was not done correctly. The second was and in theory, should have over-written the wrong one they did, but I cannot confirm if everything is good for you to get OTA's going forward.

devern

First Name
Devern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A PowerBoost
Occupation
DevOps

IMG_6477.jpeg

IMG_5537.jpeg
I too am in New Brunswick and have a 2021, but I have the broken stuck updates.

Which dealer service dept did your APIM swap? I have had really bad luck with Downey Ford (their own work order notes show they drain the battery when trying to do the IPMA updates...). Would love to bring it somewhere who has the necessary experience to get me unblocked. Also not really ideal for me to invest in a Mongoose et al.

OP
OP
JONDNICOLLE

JONDNICOLLE

First Name
JON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
I too am in New Brunswick and have a 2021, but I have the broken stuck updates.

Which dealer service dept did your APIM swap? I have had really bad luck with Downey Ford (their own work order notes show they drain the battery when trying to do the IPMA updates...). Would love to bring it somewhere who has the necessary experience to get me unblocked. Also not really ideal for me to invest in a Mongoose et al.
So the dealer said they've never had to deal with this before, but thankfully they are trying. I go to Wood Motors Ford in Fredericton NB:
880 Prospect Street, Fredericton, NB, E3B 2T8

here is a link to their website. https://www.woodmotors.com/

OP
OP
JONDNICOLLE

JONDNICOLLE

First Name
JON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
UPDATE: The good news is that I received my first OTA update after my APIM was replaced. Bad news is that this seems to just be a step closer to being fully up to date as I am still very behind. The update was for Ford Power Up 2.1.1 which is many magnitudes behind my friends. I am hoping that these updates just need to keep coming in a specific order before I get fully up to date. I also did not notice any changes following the update besides the fact my app and truck told me that it received the update.

FYI it took about 1 month for that update to come to my truck after the APIM Replacement. It was categorized as a ford priority update. We will see if I get more in the future.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
UPDATE: The good news is that I received my first OTA update after my APIM was replaced. Bad news is that this seems to just be a step closer to being fully up to date as I am still very behind. The update was for Ford Power Up 2.1.1 which is many magnitudes behind my friends. I am hoping that these updates just need to keep coming in a specific order before I get fully up to date. I also did not notice any changes following the update besides the fact my app and truck told me that it received the update.

FYI it took about 1 month for that update to come to my truck after the APIM Replacement. It was categorized as a ford priority update. We will see if I get more in the future.
That is normal. The updates do not come in with frequency.....especially the older updates you are needing. Now that your truck is getting updates and you're out of the broken software, you are a good candidate to explore the FDRS/Mongoose route to update it yourself. It will be a looooooong time before you are caught up if you wait for OTA's.
Sponsored