Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I sent this info to you back in October so here it is again. The Dealership is Gainesville Ford In Gainsville, Florida.
The 5 situations I found where the auto hold will no engage are:
1) When you use park assist
2)Your vehicle is in stay in neutral mode ( I have no idea what this mode is)
3) The Driver door is open
4) You have not fastened your seat belt
5) You shift into Reverse before the system is active

He is the details on the failure

I came to a complete stop and when I let off the brake the truck floored it to get up to speed. I had cruise set.
I was the 1st in line at the red light so luckily no harm as I slammed on the break. I notice the green indicator wasn't on.
I shut off the cruise put it in park then back to drive. Pushed on the brake several times and still nothing.
At the next light I tried it again same failure so I pulled into a parking lot shut the truck off waited approx. 15 seconds and turned it back on. It worked the next two days and failed in the same way again. shut it off and back on and it worked for a week then failed again.
So I disabled the auto hold function for a couple of days then enabled it again. It hasn't failed now in a week.
The indicator doesn't come on so it didn't engage, the dealer said there were no codes. If cruise is off when it fails it just creeps forward. Now I won't take my foot off the brake until I see the green indicator come on and keep my foot hovering over the pedal just in case.

VIN:1FTFW1ED4MFB91807

Mileage: 3,823

Thanks,

Don
Hi there! I appreciate you taking the time to send us a message. Can you send this information as a private message, we can continue our conversation there. Thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited: