First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Yes, the supply chain issue is not Fords fault.
Sponsored

Djacobs8356

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Consultant
I have a 2022 F-150 that is only 6 months old. The screen has gone black. Took it to the dealer, they kept it for 2 days before telling me that it needs a new screen. The screen has been on order for over 2 months. Anybody got any ideas on what I could try?

patteneli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
’I am having many of these same issues/problems.
- my screen goes black and will occasionally come back on when driving during in the morning or at night. Hitting the dimmer switch addresses the issue, but I seem to have to do this 20-30 times during the course of a 15 minute drive to work in the morning. The problem does not occur when the light outside is constant, such as at night or during the day.
- auto start/stop does not work at all.

I have taken my truck into the dealership for service many times and have been told that the black screen issue is a software issue and that I need to wait until an update comes out. The response to my questions regarding the non-functioning auto-stop has been it is finnicky and conditions have to be just right (it has not worked since the black screen issues have started and I question whether the finnicky explanation is accurate). These issue has persisted for over a year and I am getting a little tired of waiting for the problem to be resolved.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
- my screen goes black and will occasionally come back on when driving during in the morning or at night. Hitting the dimmer switch addresses the issue, but I seem to have to do this 20-30 times during the course of a 15 minute drive to work in the morning. The problem does not occur when the light outside is constant, such as at night or during the day.

I have taken my truck into the dealership for service many times and have been told that the black screen issue is a software issue and that I need to wait until an update comes out. The response to my questions regarding the non-functioning auto-stop has been it is finnicky and conditions have to be just right (it has not worked since the black screen issues have started and I question whether the finnicky explanation is accurate). These issue has persisted for over a year and I am getting a little tired of waiting for the problem to be resolved.
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford Dealer info, I can look into your display concern on my end.

Sponsored

DGTBP

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Mine now has started to dim almost 80% when not in direct sunlight it can be a sunny day but as soon I'm out of direct sunlight it dims . I have tried to do a reset it worked for 5 minutes and dims again when out of direct sun. This is happening at early afternoon I'm getting completely frustrated .I have turned off auto headlights and it changes back to daytime out of direct sunlight , but as soon as I turn on auto it dims again. I have switched it to dark occasionally and while sunny outside as soon as I'm out of direct sunlight it goes dim even while in dark mode . It also use to change over to daylight or dark with no gradual dimming until about two months ago.

patteneli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150

I checked the charge on my battery after reading another message board on the topic. Apparently others have resolved this issue by replacing the battery. When I checked the charge on the battery, it was at 48%. After charging the truck's battery to 100%, all issues associated with the black screen have stopped. I havent checked the battery since charging over a month ago, but the black screen issue has not happened since.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Mine now has started to dim almost 80% when not in direct sunlight it can be a sunny day but as soon I'm out of direct sunlight it dims . I have tried to do a reset it worked for 5 minutes and dims again when out of direct sun. This is happening at early afternoon I'm getting completely frustrated .I have turned off auto headlights and it changes back to daytime out of direct sunlight , but as soon as I turn on auto it dims again. I have switched it to dark occasionally and while sunny outside as soon as I'm out of direct sunlight it goes dim even while in dark mode . It also use to change over to daylight or dark with no gradual dimming until about two months ago.
Hi Daniel. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.