First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
holy shit, that's just crazy. 5 months to get a VIN. Did you order a unicorn, lol.
You should ask who orders the vehicles and call him for the information. The salesman don't have access to the program or care probably.

Also your case sounds very suspicious of them not having enough allocations to cover their orders.

Blue Cane.

First Name
Rigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retail
I'm looking...

You got that new camouflage color?? :ROFLMAO:
You should ask who orders the vehicles and call him for the information. The salesman don't have access to the program or care probably.

Also your case sounds very suspicious of them not having enough allocations to cover their orders.
The order was placed back in Aug into the Ford ordering system, Ford has been sitting on it, not sure what else to do the dealer has toll me that they don’t have any control over how Ford prioritize the fulfillment of the retail orders. The one thing they did at the dealer was to change the priority code from 14 to 1. I did get a vin # and a production date of Feb-22.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 Lariat with the 3.5Ecoboost, 502A, max trailer tow, B&O unleashed, and quite a few other options in Antimatter Blue and Stone Grey lower Accent.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The order was placed back in Aug into the Ford ordering system, Ford has been sitting on it, not sure what else to do the dealer has toll me that they don’t have any control over how Ford prioritize the fulfillment of the retail orders. The one thing they did at the dealer was to change the priority code from 14 to 1. I did get a vin # and a production date of Feb-22.
My bad, I meant to direct that at Steve. Sorry :oops:

M88265

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Hoping maybe somebody can help me! Ordered a 21' F150 on Dec 2, 2020 and I still don't have a VIN number, build date, or estimated delivery. I'm on my 4th Sales person at the dealership since I ordered and outside of telling me that the order has been placed and is in process, that's pretty much all I've gotten. I Finally asked today for the Order No. which I was give a number of #B206. I have no idea if this of any use but I'm beginning to question my choice of dealership and if I'm getting a straight answer. Seems to be taking way longer than it should to get a VIN.
I ordered a powerboost platinum on Dec 1st and did not expect it soon because of max recline seats but found out this week I have a 2/8/21 build date and a window sticker. I was pleasantly surprised.

MN_Hockey_Fan

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09/14/21 F150, 10 Expedition
Ordered SuperCrew 4x4 Lariat V8 502A Sport. What is the quickest anyone has received a VIN. Is anyone getting email notifications directly from Ford on the process?

tommywingard

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Well I just checked again and the order was placed in Sep. 20.

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Just added mine to the list, Supercrew 4x4 XLT 302A Sport Lead Foot 5.0 V8! Ordered on 11/30 received Vin 12/7 and still not in production :(

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
My dealer just heard from their Ford rep that my Platty is due to be built next week. I ordered the lay flat and work station along with 701A, moonroof. On the order sheet, I'm listed as priority 02, which I think is good?

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
I ordered a powerboost platinum on Dec 1st and did not expect it soon because of max recline seats but found out this week I have a 2/8/21 build date and a window sticker. I was pleasantly surprised.
I ordered mine a couple days before you; and my dealer just heard from their Ford rep that my Platty is due to be built next week. I ordered the lay flat and work station along with 701A, moonroof. On the order sheet, I'm listed as priority 02, which I think is good?

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
I wonder why ford doesn't build these trucks in the order they're submitted. I'm seeing some that were ordered in December or even January with more options that are already in production while I have a less optioned XLT still processing lol. Some people have all the luck :cry: but good for them! Super excited to own my first new vehicle!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I wonder why ford doesn't build these trucks in the order they're submitted. I'm seeing some that were ordered in December or even January with more options that are already in production while I have a less optioned XLT still processing lol. Some people have all the luck :cry: but good for them! Super excited to own my first new vehicle!
I hate it for you Ed!

I still believe some dealers are over selling their allocations and those customers have to wait weeks and weeks before their order is actually picked up. Don't know that yours is such a case but when I see old orders not get scheduled and are without certain options, I think that is exactly the reason .
Sponsored