First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Ordered 12/24, seen alot of people after that already have VINs and dates,dealer says they don't have a Vin at all for mine. Does this mean they're short on a part or something?
Could be allocation too.
Sponsored

WXMANNY

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Power boost
Occupation
Meteorology
was hoping for an update today too

1FTFW1ED5MFA93904

sticker had 2/2 for production, maybe it was the winter storm that caused delays...

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
Could be allocation too.
What’s the “Story” about allocation? I mentioned that to my dealer and he said that they are a “high volume truck dealer” and that they don’t have allocation issues. No idea if he makes things up or not. Has anyone else heard of this, or does every dealer have allocation issues? I presume they have to have some sort of high range to keep the system equitable.

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
What’s the “Story” about allocation? I mentioned that to my dealer and he said that they are a “high volume truck dealer” and that they don’t have allocation issues. No idea if he makes things up or not. Has anyone else heard of this, or does every dealer have allocation issues? I presume they have to have some sort of high range to keep the system equitable.
Someone might have a better answer, but if I've understood things correctly...

A dealer is allocated a certain number of cars per week, with better-performing dealers getting higher allocations. When you special order a car, it either comes from a spot that the dealer already had allocated for them or one that is not out of any allocation. If a dealer is only allocated 5 vehicles a week but have 15 special orders, and you are the last of that order it'll take a week or two before your order is brought forth to be taken by Ford. If they are a high volume dealer they could have 10 or more allocation slots. On the flip side, if a dealer is only allocated 2 cars a week, but also have 0 special orders, your order goes to the front of the line. None the less, while allocation can play into things, the odds of it affecting your order at this point is pretty small (unless you bought from a small dealer that had an unusually high number of pre-orders and may still be catching up. If it was a big dealership, it probably would have been picked up quicker in that case.

Once again, I'm going off of what I've learned, but bob and others can correct me as they have more knowledge of how it works.

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
My new Limited that was ordered on July 31 has been showing In Production for 3+ weeks. My window sticker for sometime now has showed a build date of 29Jan2021. This morning on the shop.Ford site it shows stated for production 2/1/2021 and estimated dealer delivery to be 2/24/2021. None of this new information was shown as stated here last night on the shop.Ford site. I will probably pick it up the 1st week of March and hope that Ford Truck Month incentives will be up & running. :) I feel for those that are just getting their window stickers/build dates. You will just have to be patient.
If you special order a truck and it arrives several days before before you pick it up, could the dealer let other shoppers drive your truck for test drives?

I ordered my truck a few hours away, so if it comes early in the week, I wouldn’t be able to get out there to get it until the weekend. It will likely be one of the first powerboost trucks on that area and I don’t see any others on that lot, so it could attract some interest. I don’t love the idea of many others taking it for a test drive, mashing on the accelerator and brakes to test the limits. Hoping for as few miles as possible on it when I pick it up so I can break it in per the manual.

Are retail orders up for dealers to use for test drives?

Sponsored

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
If you special order a truck and it arrives several days before you pick it up, could the dealer let other shoppers drive your truck for test drives?

I ordered my truck a few hours away, so if it comes early in the week, I wouldn’t be able to get out there to get it until the weekend. It will likely be one of the first powerboost trucks on that area and I don’t see any others on that lot, so it could attract some interest. I don’t love the idea of many others taking it for a test drive, mashing on the accelerator and brakes to test the limits. Hoping for as few miles as possible on it when I pick it up so I can break it in per the manual.

Are retail orders up for dealers to use for test drives?
Purely speculative, but I'm going to say that they "can" let people take it for a test drive because while it's sold to you, you haven't paid for it in full. But with that said, I doubt that they would risk losing your sale by letting someone test drive your vehicle. Too many things could cause the loss of the sale, like a scratch or chip from a rock (cause there is no way in hell I'm taking a specially ordered truck with a chip that I didn't put on it... lol.) Usually, a dealer will not allow a vehicle off the lot once it's been sold or has a reserve on it. If anything, I'd say there is a good chance that they might allow people to see the interior, maybe even turn it on for a potential customer, but I doubt they'd let it off the lot. So, my guess is yes, they can, but doubtful.

If you are worried about it, I would just let the dealership know that you don't want to let others test drive it.

Last edited:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I have a deposit on mine, so it is not really the dealers truck.
There are also only certain days that I am available to go have a look or pick it up.
Pretty sure the dealer won’t let it off the lot.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Someone might have a better answer, but if I've understood things correctly...

A dealer is allocated a certain number of cars per week, with better-performing dealers getting higher allocations. When you special order a car, it either comes from a spot that the dealer already had allocated for them or one that is not out of any allocation. If a dealer is only allocated 5 vehicles a week but have 15 special orders, and you are the last of that order it'll take a week or two before your order is brought forth to be taken by Ford. If they are a high volume dealer they could have 10 or more allocation slots. On the flip side, if a dealer is only allocated 2 cars a week, but also have 0 special orders, your order goes to the front of the line. None the less, while allocation can play into things, the odds of it affecting your order at this point is pretty small (unless you bought from a small dealer that had an unusually high number of pre-orders and may still be catching up. If it was a big dealership, it probably would have been picked up quicker in that case.

Once again, I'm going off of what I've learned, but bob and others can correct me as they have more knowledge of how it works.
Well said!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
was hoping for an update today too

1FTFW1ED5MFA93904

sticker had 2/2 for production, maybe it was the winter storm that caused delays...
Looks like your truck is in production today. Depending on what time it started down the line, it may show produced tonight or tomorrow.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Finally got built and now waiting for shipping...sounds like built on 2/2 and delivery on 2/27.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 8.57.12 AM

Sponsored

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
Finally got built and now waiting for shipping...sounds like built on 2/2 and delivery on 2/27.

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 8.57.12 AM.png
Mine shows 2/7 delivery, went by rail from DB to kc and has been there since last week just waiting to get brought up here by a hauler... it's killing me lol.
Dealer gave me a window of 2/1-2/7.

not sure how long it takes to get picked up and brought to final destination normally.

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
Build date 1/10/21 delivery date 3/18/21? Isn’t that a little too long?

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] 90454FE9-1ADA-4FDE-AFE1-71047CC4DF1A

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Build date 1/10/21 delivery date 3/18/21? Isn’t that a little too long?

90454FE9-1ADA-4FDE-AFE1-71047CC4DF1A.jpeg
Most certainly! I would say 3 weeks to most of Texas.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
My KR 4x4 Smoked Quartz is getting build today, 3 February. Can’t wait.

Expowerguy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to the 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List!

1. Please use the Orders Tracking List Submission Form to add yourself to the list.
2. Post a reply in this thread to let us know.
3. Once your submission is approved it will show up in the list.
4. Be sure to check out the STATS sheet below it for detailed infographics on body style, models/trims, etc.
5. Use the Change Request Form to request any changes to your order info on the tracking list.

Sponsored