10R80 5.0 Transmission Noise and Dead

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Roush
Hi All,

Purchased my dream truck back on Aug 2021, a F150 Roush from a dealer out in Orange County, California.

Took it to my local dealer this Jan 2023, they charged me for diagnostics the first time around and said they couldn’t replicate the sound even though the sound was absolutely there under warranty. The next two times in Feb 2023, same issue along with some recall stuff and basic maintenance. Still no resolution for the noise. Super frustrating since it’s my daily driver. So I just sucked it up for the time being and wanted to try again when work allowed me time to have it dropped off again.

Fast forward to April 2023, the techs were finally able to narrow down the issue. Noise from belt housing of the torque converted. Note I had already had called that out and noted they would need to take a deeper look prior but they completely ignored that because it “wasn’t necessary”. A few days shortly after their finding, they came to the conclusion the transmission was completely out with fluid burned. At 14k miles, I would think I could at least break it in further before anything would happen. SMH

I love this truck but it’s been a mess since day one with a whole bunch of issues including a scratches in the truck bed and a deeper scratch on the door along with the windshield wiper fluid hose issue upon delivery. Don’t really understand how you can be so careless with details considering trucks are a lot more expensive these days from the 90s when my dad drove his. Anyone else have same issues?
Sponsored

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
Its horrible to have issues with these newer trucks, they charge a stupid amount of money and hand you crap. It used to be a premium price gave you premium quality....not any more.

Not the same issue but quality is far from job one these days...I have 2 other Fords so this isn't my only experience with them.
'22 lariat 3.5 EB and 4wd. 13k miles.
So far here's whats been done.

Done thus far:
Cab stop light and bed camera unplugged on delivery
front diff rebuilt
rear driveshaft replaced
battery replaced
top right cab rubber trim replaced
ceiling console replaced
torque converter replaced

in the works:
transmission to be replaced