merc

merc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
I just saw a recall for transmission fluid low on my Late Oct/Nov built 21. It was reported by the FordPass app.
bizarrely, when I looked at the app a second time, recall had disappeared.
Quick update: After lots of back and forth (5 times), it was determined that the tech didn’t follow the proper procedure to check the fluid and in fact overfilled the transmission. Roughly 200 miles were driven in that state, 4 times fluid blew out of the weep hole, blew two seals and cracked the pan. I requested the dealership buy it back and they agreed.
Sponsored

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Wow - sorry to hear. How did (or does) the buy back work? You paid X for the truck, but then also paid taxes, doc fee, registration, etc. The truck has 5k miles, do they pay you X, or X minus 5k miles depreciation amount, current used vehicle value, etc?

<Edit>
It does have a tiny dipstick it's just a major pain to get to
You mean this much of a major pain?:

Checking transmission fluid on a 10 Speed F150 - 2017 version.

Assuming it's the same location for the 21-22s, I can't think of a worse area to place it, unless they also had large exposed battery connections you needed to get the wrench past. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader

jdr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5EB
Occupation
Retired Fire / EMS
I just saw a recall for transmission fluid low on my Late Oct/Nov built 21. It was reported by the FordPass app.
bizarrely, when I looked at the app a second time, recall had disappeared.
I just logged into My Ford account and the only recall notice dated 3/25/2022 is to have the "Integrated Trailer Relay Module" reprogramed. I was hoping to find something about the transmission.