First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
Occupation
IT
Hi guys, unfortunately after I took delivery my PB with 2.4kW ProPower, discovered that its not enough to run my 13500BTU camper AC.

So I see the generators/inverters can be wired in parallel for combined wattage.

Anybody tried adding 1000W (or bigger) inverter to the battery and parallel it with the internal Generator to get 3500W+ noiseless 120V? or maybe instead of the inverter, parallel with the small (quieter) generator for combined wattage?
Sponsored

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
I have not, I am curious if you can just buy the 7.2kw "generator" to upgrade your current. I have tried to identify the part numbers or wiring diagram for all these 2.4kW and 7.2kW "generators" but I haven't had great luck yet.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Hi guys, unfortunately after I took delivery my PB with 2.4kW ProPower, discovered that its not enough to run my 13500BTU camper AC.

So I see the generators/inverters can be wired in parallel for combined wattage.

Anybody tried adding 1000W (or bigger) inverter to the battery and parallel it with the internal Generator to get 3500W+ noiseless 120V? or maybe instead of the inverter, parallel with the small (quieter) generator for combined wattage?
I was worried about this too, so when I had a chance to reorder mine (first one was just the 2.4kw propower) I made sure it had the 7.2kw this time around, glad I did it! I read somewhere that it would not be as easy as switching out the head unit to change it to 7.2kw. I think the wiring and module is completely different as well. Might be worth it to trade it in on another brand new truck!

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
I have the 2.4 on mine...when it comes for me to get an RV, I'm going to get one of these too and see if that helps:

https://www.softstartrv.com/

Might be cheaper and less of a pain than trading in for a whole new truck, especially today.

OP
OP
necser

necser

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I have the 2.4 on mine...when it comes for me to get an RV, I'm going to get one of these too and see if that helps:

Might be cheaper and less of a pain than trading in for a whole new truck, especially today.
Nice find! Want to setup group buy? Anybody else interested?

Sponsored

OP
OP
necser

necser

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

ordered one, received the next day with DHL to Canada, installed and it works perfectly with my 2.4kw PowerBoost!!!

this should be part of every RV AC!

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin

I actually bought one of these for my home A/C. My amp draw was as high as 50amps but with it installed I don’t go above 11 amps. I can now use my 7.2kw system to power my house including AC if needed. Definitely a sweet device for home and RV’s!

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
ordered one, received the next day with DHL to Canada, installed and it works perfectly with my 2.4kw PowerBoost!!!

this should be part of every RV AC!
Honestly you're the first person I've read who's confirmed that this thing will work for those of us with the 2.4 kw system. Awesome, thank you for posting!

OP
OP
necser

necser

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Honestly you're the first person I've read who's confirmed that this thing will work for those of us with the 2.4 kw system. Awesome, thank you for posting!
totally works, works well, no issues with Dometic Brisk II 13000 BTU AC. But from what I read, works with all other units too.

Mine peaks at 1500W. ?

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
That’s amazing news. Now we just need to figure out how to add something like this to the 2.4 and 7.2 kw truck systems :)

But without reading the instructions, it appears that it’s just a “hard start” capacitor like what you use when your condenser is going bad and not starting up.

can anyone confirm that is what this is?

Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L

This is fantastic info. I have a 2kw Ecoboost Gas F150, and i have my micro-air easy start but have not yet installed it yet (hopefully this weekend). I am really hoping i can get my AC working off of the F150 which will make those pit stops a lot easier to deal with !!

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
totally works, works well, no issues with Dometic Brisk II 13000 BTU AC. But from what I read, works with all other units too.

Mine peaks at 1500W. ?
I have the exact same AC as you on my brand new 21 Jayco 267BHS.. Cant wait to install it!!

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s amazing news. Now we just need to figure out how to add something like this to the 2.4 and 7.2 kw truck systems :)

But without reading the instructions, it appears that it’s just a “hard start” capacitor like what you use when your condenser is going bad and not starting up.

can anyone confirm that is what this is?
No it is not a hard start capacitor. IN fact it is actually logic driven. On the Micro-air you need to train it to learn how the compressor starts.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So bad news i installed the micro-air 2 weeks ago before my long trip. Plugged it into the F150. Oddly, it AC starts to run, then when the comrpessor tries to kick in, AC turns off then back on (fan only). Every time the compressor kicks in it turns off and on again.

F150 never shows overload at all... Very disappointed. as i ahd my hopes up.
Sponsored