Sponsored

10/24/22 - Build Week - MY 23

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
A little quiet here lately.

I’m still awaiting the “come and get it” e-mail/call from Granger. Unfortunately, it had a paint chip on the hood so Granger had to send off site to be fixed. I think it happens more often than we know, but it’s obvious when taking >1 week for PDI and Granger are straighshooters and told me what was up. Hoping to make the drive Thu/Fri ... we’ll see. 🤞
Not a lot to talk about, except how much it's costing me to upkeep my Jeep for job work, when I had expected to be spending the money on a new truck by now. Had to winterize it for a Tahoe job, which included new 35" snow tires, $1,200 in general road worthy expenses, and now it won't pass smog because they found a header leak. That fix will cost another $1,200 unless the JB weld can temporally fix it. Thanks Ford...The longer Ford works to figure out how to ship a built truck the more money I sink into a car that I wasn't budgeting to upkeep any longer. Delays are really adding up, but at least Ford can keep raising prices and deleting options to keep us happy.
Sponsored

mrblonde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502 PB
Ford chat has told me truck is in Blue Island for the past few days. Dealer today says Vinview says it's in KC. I ask chat again today and they say Blue Island. I'd like to believe dealer.

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
Ford chat has told me truck is in Blue Island for the past few days. Dealer today says Vinview says it's in KC. I ask chat again today and they say Blue Island. I'd like to believe dealer.
Ford chat can give you the rail car# so you can track

mrblonde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502 PB
Chat did give me this number when it left Dearborn. TTGX963606 (Canadian National Railways).
How do you track that?

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chat did give me this number when it left Dearborn. TTGX963606 (Canadian National Railways).
How do you track that?
I had Norfolk southern which had an 800#

Sponsored

Kensretired

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat
Occupation
N/A
A little quiet here lately.

I’m still awaiting the “come and get it” e-mail/call from Granger. Unfortunately, it had a paint chip on the hood so Granger had to send off site to be fixed. I think it happens more often than we know, but it’s obvious when taking >1 week for PDI and Granger are straighshooters and told me what was up. Hoping to make the drive Thu/Fri ... we’ll see. 🤞
Whatever you do when you pick it up DON'T ask to see where the chip was or everytime you get to the truck your eyes will immediately go to that location.

golong93

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 SCrew F-150 FX4, 23 Lariat BAP SCrew ordered
That’s exciting! Mine still hasn’t shipped. Starting to get pretty pissed. This waiting game sucks.
Same, been waiting to ship for a month now with ford chat telling me they don’t know what the delay is with the carrier.

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Whatever you do when you pick it up DON'T ask to see where the chip was or everytime you get to the truck your eyes will immediately go to that location.
Ha. I thought the exact same thing ... don’t look at the hood. Don’t look at the hood.

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
That's the exact thing I'm going through!
*Correction* I thought Blue Island was what were calling the area in Michigan where all our trucks are stranded... Dealer says KC, Ford says still in Michigan. 🤡

Sponsored

mrblonde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502 PB
Blue Island is a rail yard near Chicago.

collinma40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am looking at my window sticker and I see "12" Productivity Screen" under standard options. I didn't opt for the HIGH package which I thought was required in order to get that screen? I haven't picked up the vehicle yet (nor have I seen it) so I'm wondering if I'm alone in seeing this on the sticker and how likely it will be that I'll actually have the 12" screen over the 8" I thought I'd have.

F150tripin

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Merc C240 Wagon - 2023 F-150 Lariat 3.5 PB
Occupation
InfoTech IP Networking/Routing/Security
Not a lot to talk about, except how much it's costing me to upkeep my Jeep for job work, when I had expected to be spending the money on a new truck by now. Had to winterize it for a Tahoe job, which included new 35" snow tires, $1,200 in general road worthy expenses, and now it won't pass smog because they found a header leak. That fix will cost another $1,200 unless the JB weld can temporally fix it. Thanks Ford...The longer Ford works to figure out how to ship a built truck the more money I sink into a car that I wasn't budgeting to upkeep any longer. Delays are really adding up, but at least Ford can keep raising prices and deleting options to keep us happy.
Similar problem - 03 Excursion Diesel needs new batteries with the cold weather. $600 hit.. Think I can get by showing it too a potential buyer as I open the hood and jump start it?? No way

Since my last post a few weeks ago the truck has not moved. It's in Dearborn waiting for a train west to CA.

ScottyNE84

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am looking at my window sticker and I see "12" Productivity Screen" under standard options. I didn't opt for the HIGH package which I thought was required in order to get that screen? I haven't picked up the vehicle yet (nor have I seen it) so I'm wondering if I'm alone in seeing this on the sticker and how likely it will be that I'll actually have the 12" screen over the 8" I thought I'd have.
I believe that’s in the dashboard right?

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Just got the first official email on an update for ETA change, though I’ve had many ETA changes via Ford chat. This email doesn’t align with any ETA updates the chat has given me which is really odd.

Ford F-150 10/24/22 - Build Week - MY 23 41B14ABF-F6C7-4A3B-8F79-B4FD7641F8DC
Sponsored