05/16 Build Week

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I saw this earlier this week as well.

Ford F-150 05/16 Build Week B53F4F2C-1AE6-4763-830D-58F4C44236BD

Looks like they are about to remove free remote start stop and lock unlock soon we’ll have to pay a fee. it’s my guess

Why are some of my FordPass features no longer available with the 4.16 app release?

• We are removing some lesser-used features of FordPass to help create even better experiences for popular features.
  • Members with an activated FordPass Connect™** modem will continue to be able to use remote vehicle features including start***/stop and lock/unlock****, which Ford is the first automotive manufacturer to offer its remote vehicle services complimentary to all customers without a trial period. Based on U.S., non-luxury, full-line auto manufacturer owner's mobile apps only.
  • We have been making changes to FordPass this year – and are planning to help improve it further – to enhance member experiences and the app’s overall performance, building on impressive ratings by leading third-party quality experts.
  • For example, we have already made the FordPass home screen and other screens easy to use and added features such as Horn & Lights (available on select models), which activates with a simple touch of the FordPass App to more easily find your vehicle in crowded parking lots.
Sponsored

Sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT BAP Ordered
Occupation
Emergency Management
Now Ford Chat will no longer give updates on orders? This is news to me, will try to call later since I am at work now.

Screenshot_20220601-093351_FordPass.jpg
Just called Ford Marketing and they still show an ETA of 6/28 for delivery and cannot explain why I have not gotten any emails or tracker not updating, and they show no delays or holds.

Sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Emergency Management
I saw this earlier this week as well.

B53F4F2C-1AE6-4763-830D-58F4C44236BD.png

Looks like they are about to remove free remote start stop and lock unlock soon we’ll have to pay a fee. it’s my guess

Why are some of my FordPass features no longer available with the 4.16 app release?

• We are removing some lesser-used features of FordPass to help create even better experiences for popular features.
  • Members with an activated FordPass Connect™** modem will continue to be able to use remote vehicle features including start***/stop and lock/unlock****, which Ford is the first automotive manufacturer to offer its remote vehicle services complimentary to all customers without a trial period. Based on U.S., non-luxury, full-line auto manufacturer owner's mobile apps only.
  • We have been making changes to FordPass this year – and are planning to help improve it further – to enhance member experiences and the app’s overall performance, building on impressive ratings by leading third-party quality experts.
  • For example, we have already made the FordPass home screen and other screens easy to use and added features such as Horn & Lights (available on select models), which activates with a simple touch of the FordPass App to more easily find your vehicle in crowded parking lots.
I am sure it is only a matter of time as well since all the other manufacturers are heading down the same path.

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I am sure it is only a matter of time as well since all the other manufacturers are heading down the same path.
i guess if you can monetize it then why not. I’m not sure I’d I’ll pay for it. I don’t need the remote features, do I?

Sponsored

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
I mean, I get it since that is a "connected" feature. Toyota makes you pay for remote start, using YOUR OWN KEY FOB.

Sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Emergency Management
i guess if you can monetize it then why not. I’m not sure I’d I’ll pay for it. I don’t need the remote features, do I?
For my part time job I work at a stadium and have to park about 2 miles and be bussed in and out, so for me it is super convenient to have the truck warming up after working a long day so I would pay for it if I had to since a typical remote start using the key fob would be out of range.

I mean, I get it since that is a "connected" feature. Toyota makes you pay for remote start, using YOUR OWN KEY FOB.
My work vehicle for my full time job is a Toyota and is $8+ a month for remote start

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
For my part time job I work at a stadium and have to park about 2 miles and be bussed in and out, so for me it is super convenient to have the truck warming up after working a long day so I would pay for it if I had to since a typical remote start using the key fob would be out of range.

My work vehicle for my full time job is a Toyota and is $8+ a month for remote start
Monthly?! Yikes.

I now show built yesterday and awaiting shipping!

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Emergency Management

Sponsored

Sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Emergency Management

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
Just called the customer relations team and somehow got the bronco team but they still help me out and as of today my ETA for delivery is June 22. I also went from convoy to rail.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles