03/15 Build Week

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
No, I will just be happy to get my truck...... No one contacted me to let me know the status of my truck, my conversations were around just getting it and the lack of communication from Ford. After my last conversation, within a couple of days my truck appeared as "Built".
What number/email did you contact to get someo who actually listened? I tried Ford Customer Care but they just looked up my VIN and gave me what I could already see on the vehicle visibility report from my dealer
Sponsored

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
What number/email did you contact to get someo who actually listened? I tried Ford Customer Care but they just looked up my VIN and gave me what I could already see on the vehicle visibility report from my dealer
It was not that easy, I contacted Customer care three different times, made a note of their names and extensions. After getting the run around I contacted the Executive offices, the CEO, Chairman, and the heads of Customer Care are easy to find. I sent them all a very polite, professional Email. It was almost a week before anyone contacted me, basically told me nothing but promised to get back. I called every two weeks. One month after the Email, I sent another. My representative called me the next day again. She had the same story but assured me the incomplete trucks were high priority. Two days after that my tracker showed Built and Shipped.
Was it the result of my contact with the Ford Executive Offices or just lock, I don't know.
I have been in touch with them continually for two months, it was not just one contact or Email.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
It was not that easy, I contacted Customer care three different times, made a note of their names and extensions. After getting the run around I contacted the Executive offices, the CEO, Chairman, and the heads of Customer Care are easy to find. I sent them all a very polite, professional Email. It was almost a week before anyone contacted me, basically told me nothing but promised to get back. I called every two weeks. One month after the Email, I sent another. My representative called me the next day again. She had the same story but assured me the incomplete trucks were high priority. Two days after that my tracker showed Built and Shipped.
Was it the result of my contact with the Ford Executive Offices or just lock, I don't know.
I have been in touch with them continually for two months, it was not just one contact or Email.
Sorry, that's not really what I meant, I just meant where did you start, which it sounds like was with customer care?

You say the exec contact info is easy to find, did you just do a Google search? I'm unfortunately currently limited to my phone vice a full computer so I haven't had much success looking for the info

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
Sorry, that's not really what I meant, I just meant where did you start, which it sounds like was with customer care?

You say the exec contact info is easy to find, did you just do a Google search? I'm unfortunately currently limited to my phone vice a full computer so I haven't had much success looking for the info
I started with Customer Care, of course they were clueless but helped build my case. After getting no where, I contacted the executive offices. Yes I found them through Google. Jim Foley, Elena Ford, Becca Anderson, and Bill Ford.

Sponsored

KiloWhiskey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB XLT(Ordered 1/21/2021[still waiting])
Occupation
Military (Ret)
I started with Customer Care, of course they were clueless but helped build my case. After getting no where, I contacted the executive offices. Yes I found them through Google. Jim Foley, Elena Ford, Becca Anderson, and Bill Ford.
Can you please post their information so we can all contact them? It would be a good thing if all of a sudden they get flooded with calls and emails. The power of the internet does in fact sometimes work.

Mountaineer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'03 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Environmental
My dealer is attempting some trades to get something close to my order and/or we may place a new order at this point.

I guess the silver lining is that since the Job #2 ordering starts soon (this week?) then I could add the suspension damping. Anyone have any insight into what that will be like? I saw some reviews where it was well liked in Expeditions and Navigators.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Can you please post their information so we can all contact them? It would be a good thing if all of a sudden they get flooded with calls and emails. The power of the internet does in fact sometimes work.
I think if this is done in the context that you want better communication from Ford on delays and production constraints, a group effort could potentially have a positive outcome. But if you are expecting somehow magic pallets of semi-conductors are going to show up on the Ford dock to complete your truck, you're going to be disappointed.

Last edited:

praveenperera

First Name
Praveen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
I think if this is done in the context that you want better communication from Ford on delays and production constraints, a group effort could potentially have a positive outcome. But if you are expecting somehow magic pallets of semi-conductors are going to show up on the Ford dock to complete your truck, you're going to be disappointed.
I agree I think we need to put pressure on Ford. But we need to make it clear, that we know the chip shortage is beyond their control at this point. I think we should focus mainly on two things.

1. Better communication of the current situation
2. The available chips should go to the people that have been waiting the longest. Finish the parking lot trucks before producing new ones.

And I think a lot of us here are probably (like me) pretty loyal Ford customers (this would be my 3rd Ford vehicle since 2014). Maybe if we focus on those two main points while making it clear that we are disappointed, repeat customers, MAYBE we will have a chance at swaying their decision making.

It is also very possible that I am being naive and stupid. But it's worth trying.

The question is HOW do we put pressure? This is what I'm thinking so far.

1. Get your dealer to take your concerns to the Ford regional rep.
2. Social media, tweet at Ford and contact them via DMs
3. Email key people at Ford, follow GreggT’s lead

Last edited:

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
This was just added to the 4/26 thread. Maybe, just maybe we will see movement this week!!! Fingers crossed.

Ford F-150 03/15 Build Week 1D9559B4-BF1F-47A8-B990-CAF83F0FC887

Sponsored

praveenperera

First Name
Praveen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
This was just added to the 4/26 thread. Maybe, just maybe we will see movement this week!!! Fingers crossed.
Yes you guys have reason for hope. I've checked a few dealerships now, over the last two weeks a bunch of trucks with March BLEND dates were delivered. All the deliveries I'm seeing were either produced in late March or late May.

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
That will be good if they are shipping! My 2018 warranty ran out last Thursday, went to the dealer to see about buying an extended warranty. They wanted $1389.00 for 12 months, Ended up selling the truck to the dealer that day. I got $42,000.00 for 2018 XLT 5.0 with 31,000 miles. They were only going to give me $33,000.00 back in February when I ordered the new truck. Driving motorcycle until the new truck gets here.

praveenperera

First Name
Praveen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Software Developer
The F’ing bullshit continues! 7 weeks from order to delivery.

9D0DBC75-9345-4F5F-934F-03FBAAD46930.png
Damn I switched from Lead Foot to Carbonized Grey because I was told Lead Foot was on backorder and could take a while to come in.

But ironically if I had waited for Lead Foot, my build date might have been in May and I might have actually gotten my truck faster.

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
No news so far on my March 25 blend/March 30 built truck. Hopefully it's soon!
Sponsored