Sponsored

03/15 Build Week

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
So, thinking some more about this - clearly the 10/31 dates are not real. I'm not sure who at Ford thought it was a good idea to post a dummy date like this (especially with no customer communication), but obviously Ford isn't going to deliver 10,000+ F150's all on Halloween.

So now the question is, are these sandbagged dates... aka ... Ford will have all trucks delivered no later than 10/31 or are these dates 'day 1', aka, the 'rebuild' trucks will start being delivered around October. I'm calling these 'rebuild' trucks from now on because they'll effectively have 2 build dates. The original date and then the months later completion date. I don't care if installing this module is minor, it's still going to involve taking something apart.

If these really are sandbagged dates, which I think they are, I suspect we'll see our trucks show up around the date just prior to the 10/31 change. For me it was 7/16 -> 8/28 -> 10/31. I suspect either 7/16 or 8/28 are the real ETA. Annoyingly this makes planning tough. Like many I wanted my truck for the 2021 camping season. Then it's 'do I get new snow tires for my current truck' and then registration, etc etc. Stuff that's fine if I know a plan, but right now I don't.
Sponsored

sherpac

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Lariat
1FTEW1EP1MKE02538 C425 Build shifted from Dearborn to Kansas City.
No idea what my hold up is now. Original build week was April 12th changed to May 7th.
Who knows what it is now. Ordered Feb 22, 2021. Original ETA end date was June 9 2021 and now it shows as Jan 01-1990. Primary status says in production but that doesn't mean much obviously.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
So, thinking some more about this - clearly the 10/31 dates are not real. I'm not sure who at Ford thought it was a good idea to post a dummy date like this (especially with no customer communication), but obviously Ford isn't going to deliver 10,000+ F150's all on Halloween.

So now the question is, are these sandbagged dates... aka ... Ford will have all trucks delivered no later than 10/31 or are these dates 'day 1', aka, the 'rebuild' trucks will start being delivered around October. I'm calling these 'rebuild' trucks from now on because they'll effectively have 2 build dates. The original date and then the months later completion date. I don't care if installing this module is minor, it's still going to involve taking something apart.

If these really are sandbagged dates, which I think they are, I suspect we'll see our trucks show up around the date just prior to the 10/31 change. For me it was 7/16 -> 8/28 -> 10/31. I suspect either 7/16 or 8/28 are the real ETA. Annoyingly this makes planning tough. Like many I wanted my truck for the 2021 camping season. Then it's 'do I get new snow tires for my current truck' and then registration, etc etc. Stuff that's fine if I know a plan, but right now I don't.
This is what I'm after as well... I won't stop bugging people at Ford until I hear the actual plan for getting my truck out of the lot it's been sitting in since March. I'm sure the 10/31 date is a placeholder, but like you said... for what? I would love to believe that's the last date for the last truck on those lots, but Ford has done nothing so far that would lead me to accept that without official confirmation. Might be a huge waste of time for me, but I run on mostly anger at this point, and Ford's been refueling me for free.

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
Has anyone used the Mach-E tracker to look at the RAW data for their order? Just curious if everyone’s “ETA start date” is 10-25-21 since we all got pushed to a 10-31-21 end date.

Sponsored

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Has anyone used the Mach-E tracker to look at the RAW data for their order? Just curious if everyone’s “ETA start date” is 10-25-21 since we all got pushed to a 10-31-21 end date.
Prior to this, I had a 4/16 ETA and that was set in May. My ETA was originally early April

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior to this, I had a 4/16 ETA and that was set in May. My ETA was originally early April
https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/details

If you use this tracker, you can choose “show RAW details”. It gives you all the code attached to your order. There is an ETA start date and an ETA end date. It appears as though everyone got pushed to the 10/31/21 end date, but I’m curious if everyone is also at and ETA start date of 10/25/21.

MDH

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I checked the Mach-E tracker for my truck and it shows an ETA start date of 10-25-2021 with an ETA end date of 10-31-2021.

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
Mine is ETA start 10/25 end 10/31
Could this possibly mean they would leave our trucks to the elements until late October and then finish our trucks between 2021 and 2022 model years?!

Sponsored

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
From what I've seen, every truck that now has a 10-31 eta end date has a 10-25 eta start date. I haven't checked all of them, but I haven't seen any start date that deviates from that. I don't know that they actually do much to calculate these anyway, this is just a week Mon-Sun.

Mine is ETA start 10/25 end 10/31
Could this possibly mean they would leave our trucks to the elements until late October and then finish our trucks between 2021 and 2022 model years?!
As far as I know, start and end eta dates have always been an estimated range for delivery to your dealership. It's just that the ford tracker has only ever shown the eta end date as the estimated delivery date.

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
Thanks OCDOUG
I believe I'm starting to tilt at windmills!

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just got a call from my sales guy and my truck just got the remaining chips installed and is now awaiting transit. The vehicle visibility report shows released.

Ordered 2/9/21
Built 4/28/21

Coincidentally my other truck i put a deposit on (dealer stock order that was built week of 5/17) which is fully loaded + max tow (my retail order didn't have max tow) is shipped and will arrive in two weeks.

EDIT: my ETA also shows 10/31/21
As happy as I am for this guy, I would hate for this to be the beginning of Last in, First out for the storage lots.

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As happy as I am for this guy, I would hate for this to be the beginning of Last in, First out for the storage lots.
I’m just glad to see that maybe they are moving into April builds. One step closer to get to ours. However, if someone at ford in their divine wisdom parked trucks in a lot with only one way in, maybe an investment in some bolt cutters is in order. Go up there and make a 2nd entrance/exit, that way they can start at both ends and work to the middle.

Looks like the same poster stated that his dealer has another in transit that was built week of 3/15
Sponsored