First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I went to look at a Antimatter Blue Lariat to check out the color before ordering a Limited. It was an overcast day and I was really underwhelmed by the color. Frankly it looked like muddled black. But parked in the lot was a Smoked Quartz Lariat. It really popped. So I ordered a SQ Limited 2/12. Dealer says it should arrive by end of April. Does that sound right?
@maecomotorsport -
I had a vert similar experience on the color. Sight unseen, I was very sure that I wanted to order an Antimatter Blue Limited. I had to wait several weeks until one showed up in my area (Central Mass). When I saw it in-person, first on a cloudy day and again on a sunny day, I found it simply too dark (for my tastes). But when I saw a Smoked Quartz in-person, it was love at first sight. :love:

As for delivery time, you will see from this Forum that the windows can vary greatly. I ordered mine on Jan 2nd but still don't have a VIN or a date. A couple of weeks ago, I was able to have my Priority bumped up from a Priority-10 to a Priority-1 (although I'm not sure that means much in reality). I'm still holding out hope that I get it by May 1st, some 4 months after order.

Hopefully, yours will move more quickly, as the supply chain issues and new-model defects are resolved. Best of luck!
Sponsored

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I went to look at a Antimatter Blue Lariat to check out the color before ordering a Limited. It was an overcast day and I was really underwhelmed by the color. Frankly it looked like muddled black. But parked in the lot was a Smoked Quartz Lariat. It really popped. So I ordered a SQ Limited 2/12. Dealer says it should arrive by end of April. Does that sound right?
I was on the fence between AMB and SQ. Saw the AMB in-person first, loved it and the way the color changed depending on the angle and light. A few weeks later was able to see SQ in-person and that sealed the deal. The SQ was on a Limited (my trim of choice), and it was a perfect compliment to the Admiral Blue interior of the Limited.

I ordered mine on 2/11, and really hope to have it delivered by 3/31 in order to use my PCO!

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Same here Bill (Smithdog), without hesitation - from the beginning I order SQ. AMB is alright and very nice looking but SQ (for me) works well the Limited interior.

When ConstructionBoss posted his SQ Limited pictures on this forum, it sold me that I made the right decision.

Now if I ever get my truck would be great - but it's turining into the never ending story.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Added sport do not eliminate chrome from SQ or
Ordering sport package in SQ or anti blue will not eliminate chrome. You will always have chrome somewhere on the truck.
Very true on those two colors and when ordering a Lariat or XLT.

The funny thing is that when ordering either of those colors on a Platinum, the only chrome is on the back of the side view mirrors.

Sponsored

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Very true on those two colors and when ordering a Lariat or XLT.

The funny thing is that when ordering either of those colors on a Platinum, the only chrome is on the back of the side view mirrors.
If you get the stx model you don't get chrome, you get black in place of chrome. SQ is a great color, just not with the chrome.

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
Sales
Smoked Quartz Platinum, power boost with max trailer tow package. I forgot to take a picture of window sticker that they had.

Smoked Quartz 2021 F-150 Platinum 1.jpg
Smoked Quartz 2021 F-150 Platinum 2.jpg
2021 F-150 Platinum Interior 2.jpg
2021 F-150 Platinum Interior 3.jpg
2021 F-150 Platinum Interior 1.jpg
Any idea how big your center wheel cap is? I'm going to swap mine out if my Platinum ever shows up. Thanks

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
@maecomotorsport -
I had a vert similar experience on the color. Sight unseen, I was very sure that I wanted to order an Antimatter Blue Limited. I had to wait several weeks until one showed up in my area (Central Mass). When I saw it in-person, first on a cloudy day and again on a sunny day, I found it simply too dark (for my tastes). But when I saw a Smoked Quartz in-person, it was love at first sight. :love:

As for delivery time, you will see from this Forum that the windows can vary greatly. I ordered mine on Jan 2nd but still don't have a VIN or a date. A couple of weeks ago, I was able to have my Priority bumped up from a Priority-10 to a Priority-1 (although I'm not sure that means much in reality). I'm still holding out hope that I get it by May 1st, some 4 months after order.

Hopefully, yours will move more quickly, as the supply chain issues and new-model defects are resolved. Best of luck!
Unfortunately lower Priority Codes do not always help. When dealer placed my order on 11/4 for a Lariat in SQ he gave it a PC of 10. About 2 weeks later (don't have exact date nor do I or the dealer know exactly why) Ford changed the PC to 2. As of today it is still awaiting VIN. Dealer has been in contact with his Ford rep. but still nothing.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Unfortunately lower Priority Codes do not always help. When dealer placed my order on 11/4 for a Lariat in SQ he gave it a PC of 10. About 2 weeks later (don't have exact date nor do I or the dealer know exactly why) Ford changed the PC to 2. As of today it is still awaiting VIN. Dealer has been in contact with his Ford rep. but still nothing.
Hang in there, Wolf Man. And keep pinging your dealer. I just got my Build Week and VIN today! I hope you get yours soon too!

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Hang in there, Wolf Man. And keep pinging your dealer. I just got my Build Week and VIN today! I hope you get yours soon too!
Yeah hoping not too much longer. I know Ford has a method to their madness I just don't know what it is :rolleyes: seems like there should be a better way to prioritize the builds. Like 1 week should be nothing burt Lariats next Plats, then KRs and each week a different trim. Commodity issue has been a big part but we'll get there eventually. I hope lol Congrats on your build week & VIN. How long did you have to wait?

Sponsored

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Yeah hoping not too much longer. I know Ford has a method to their madness I just don't know what it is :rolleyes: seems like there should be a better way to prioritize the builds. Like 1 week should be nothing burt Lariats next Plats, then KRs and each week a different trim. Commodity issue has been a big part but we'll get there eventually. I hope lol Congrats on your build week & VIN. How long did you have to wait?
When you get your VIN I suggest you go here and ask Pioneer74 to check on your truck status. Provide him with your VIN no. He is excellent. When I told my dealer what my build day and estimated delivery day was he said I knew more than him.
https://www.f150forum.com/f129/who-...1-post-here-tracking-begains-482201/index192/

jtquint

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost - Smoked Quartz
Almost done! Received my truck in mid February, now it has been leveled, new wheels and bigger tires (295/60-R20), window tint, new decal, ceramic coat, and I just put a stubby antenna on a few minutes ago (after these pics). Just waiting forever on my tonneau cover. So far I haven't had any issues with the truck, minus the expected mpg drop with the bigger tires.

Ford F-150 SMOKED QUARTZ F-150 (2021+) Club tempImageM423XI

Ford F-150 SMOKED QUARTZ F-150 (2021+) Club tempImageDZf2B

Ford F-150 SMOKED QUARTZ F-150 (2021+) Club tempImage3Xt0O3

Ford F-150 SMOKED QUARTZ F-150 (2021+) Club tempImage3te76L

Ford F-150 SMOKED QUARTZ F-150 (2021+) Club tempImagef7sd7K