Sponsored

My 2021 F150 Lariat in Smoked Quartz build so far...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 Lariat
Just picked this up about a week ago. Went in to the dealership to place a custom build order and they had just received this truck on lot, which had nearly everything I wanted, so I went ahead. Pretty tough to talk yourself out of having it today versus having it in a few months. Really enjoying it!

What I've done so far:
  • Rough Country 2" leveling kit
  • Front windows tinted
  • JL Audio stealthbox installed - 2x12" subs
  • JL Audio 600w amp w/ driver side hidden bass control knob
  • 6 3/4" antenna swap
  • Wireless charger insert for console
  • Bull Ring tie downs
What I'm doing in next two weeks:
  • Upgraded exhaust (haven't decided which yet)
  • Rear wheel well liners
  • Spray in bedliner
  • Roll-up tonneau cover
Still considering:
  • New running boards
  • Considering new wheels/rims but not sure yet. Seeing a lot of conflicting info on whether 34's will fit with no mods.
  • Thinking about color match for some of the chrome but I'm not sure how well the color matching would work for the smoked quartz, or where I could get it done. Need to do some research.
What else should I upgrade?

Ford F-150 My 2021 F150 Lariat in Smoked Quartz build so far... 20210618_192651
Sponsored

Last edited:

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Just picked this up about a week ago. Went in to the dealership to place a custom build order and they had just received this truck on lot, which had nearly everything I wanted, so I went ahead. Pretty tough to talk yourself out of having it today versus having it in a few months. Really enjoying it!

What I've done so far:
  • Front windows tinted
  • 6 3/4" antenna swap
  • Bull Ring tie downs
  • Rear wheel well liners
  • Spray in bedliner
  • Roll-up tonneau cover
Still considering:
  • Maybe new running boards
  • Considering new wheels/rims but not sure yet. Seeing a lot of conflicting info on whether 34's will fit with no mods.
  • Potentially plastidip for some of the chrome but I'm not sure how the color matching would work for the smoked quartz. Need to do some research.

20210618_192651.jpg
Looks sharp.

dropp01

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 ford edge, 2020 edge ST, 2021 f-150 lariat
I think all thats left is to upgrade to a King Ranch.... beautiful ride tho.

RS52F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS5

What I've done so far:
  • Front windows tinted
  • 6 3/4" antenna swap
  • Bull Ring tie downs
  • Rear wheel well liners
  • Spray in bedliner
  • Roll-up tonneau cover
Still considering:
  • Maybe new running boards
  • Potentially plastidip for some of the chrome but I'm not sure how the color matching would work for the smoked quartz. Need to do some research.

20210618_192651.jpg
Nice truck! I also want to upgrade the audio in my 501a. How much was it to get the JL Amp and subs put in?

OP
OP
TremorEnthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 Lariat
Nice truck! I also want to upgrade the audio in my 501a. How much was it to get the JL Amp and subs put in?
The place I used was about 900 bucks to get the amp, subs, and control knob installed, and they were able to do it in about 4 hours.

Sponsored

emsmedic31

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT SCREW Sport 4x4 Rapid Red
34’s will fit with those wheels you have. I have a 21 sport (same wheel, just black) and the rough country level kit. I’m running Toyo AT3’s in 34” and have zero rub no matter what

OP
OP
TremorEnthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 Lariat
34’s will fit with those wheels you have. I have a 21 sport (same wheel, just black) and the rough country level kit. I’m running Toyo AT3’s in 34” and have zero rub no matter what
Thanks I'll talk to my tire guys about this. Do you have a pic of your AT3s? I've been leaning towards toyo.

emsmedic31

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
275/65-20. Here’s after getting it washed, waxed, and ceramic coated today. She won’t stay this clean during duck season, lol

Sponsored

dsheppard20

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2021 F150 Powerboost Full Hybrid
the 275/65/20 look awesome. That’s the size I’m leaning towards when mine comes in. Are those LT? I’m not going to be doing any extreme off-roading so trying to avoid the extra weight of the LT, but there’s not many in that size not LT. Just the Nitto G2’s that I can find.

emsmedic31

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
the 275/65/20 look awesome. That’s the size I’m leaning towards when mine comes in. Are those LT? I’m not going to be doing any extreme off-roading so trying to avoid the extra weight of the LT, but there’s not many in that size not LT. Just the Nitto G2’s that I can find.
I’m pretty sure they are LT’s.

OP
OP
TremorEnthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 Lariat
275/65-20. Here’s after getting it washed, waxed, and ceramic coated today. She won’t stay this clean during duck season, lol
Looking sharp! I've just got finished with the 4 things I mentioned I was about to get done this week, including spray-in bedliner, upgraded exhaust, wheel well liners, and tonneau cover install. Took some more pics, and a video of the magnaflow. Also, removed the FX4 stickers from the sides and the dealer stickers from the back.

As a reference to people from the future searching for examples of this setup: 2021 F150 5.0 V8 MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXHAUST 19565

Ford F-150 My 2021 F150 Lariat in Smoked Quartz build so far... 20210625_143412
Ford F-150 My 2021 F150 Lariat in Smoked Quartz build so far... 20210625_143332

Last edited:

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
How is the sound of the exhaust vs stock? What engine?

OP
OP
TremorEnthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 Lariat
How is the sound of the exhaust vs stock? What engine?
You can check the video, which is a better explanation than I could provide with words, but its a big improvement from my perspective. By the way, I highly recommend watching with headphones, as you can't really hear any bass on a phone. Good solid, throaty V8 noise with essentially no drone. Feels like you're driving a V8 now. I didn't want anything overly aggressive, but there are louder options. If you want to see more details check out Magnaflow part #19565.
Sponsored