4 Legged Photo Request - in Memoriam of Tank

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Hey folks, I lost my pal Tank yesterday very suddenly. He was 6 years old and we adopted him as a surrender at 2.5 years of age and he was a great family member and looked to always keep the peace in the house. A large inoperable (and probably rare) stomach tumor took him. The vet had only seen this type of tumor once before in 20 years.

Tank loved to go for rides, and he would nudge his hanging leash with his nose to let you know it, and I'm ashamed to say I had only taken him for a single ride in my new truck. I ran him to Tractor Supply on a cool overcast day using a vinyl rear seat cover. When I came back out after about 2 minutes he was in the front passenger seat, and I thought - "Well I've got extra large ventilation holes up there now." (No holes were made but on an older Honda I had, he did puncture the thin leather seats - which is why I got the vinyl cover.) I tried to get pics of him in the truck, but with a black interior and he being so black (not just "black" but "Washington Black" for fans of the series "Psych"), the pics did not come out and I deleted them figuring "I've got time to get others - He's still very young.".

I held off on any other rides with him, because I I figured I should be smart enough to be able to think up a better riding alternative, and now that chance has passed. So much for being smart...

So for Tank - I'd appreciate it if you have any pics of your 4 legged pals and your trucks (or non-trucks) that you wouldn't mind posting.

Thanks everyone - I'm feeling a lot less than my avatar namesake for some reason now...

Ford F-150 4 Legged Photo Request - in Memoriam of Tank 20220311_180229
Sponsored

Last edited:

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
Sorry to hear it man. Dogs are a special gift to us hoomans.

My buddy here sends his condolences.
Ford F-150 4 Legged Photo Request - in Memoriam of Tank Screenshot_20220525-154144

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
So sorry for you loss. We had to say goodbye to our 16 year old Shiba Inu on Easter Sunday. We hold a special place in our hearts for our animals and saying goodbye is the worst. Typing this, it still brings a lump to my throat.....

Ford F-150 4 Legged Photo Request - in Memoriam of Tank 1920540_656037381104021_1947581114_n

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
heart goes out to you . love me some rotties lost two to cancer.
the quick take is hardest. sounds like yours wormed into your heart.
everyone says it gets better with time, it may.
we still grieve over the sudden loss of our pit mix a few years ago.
we have all their pictures and say their names often.
prayers for your buddy that he is at the right hand of God, tending to the souls of all the children.

Ford F-150 4 Legged Photo Request - in Memoriam of Tank 20210617_092134

Ford F-150 4 Legged Photo Request - in Memoriam of Tank 20140311_190413

Ford F-150 4 Legged Photo Request - in Memoriam of Tank peanut and dallas39

Ford F-150 4 Legged Photo Request - in Memoriam of Tank dallas may 2011b (2)

Ford F-150 4 Legged Photo Request - in Memoriam of Tank 20210807_171742

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Losing a family member is always tough. My heart goes out your family.

This was Hobbes (Gobbler) we lost him a couple of years ago and I still think about him.

Ford F-150 4 Legged Photo Request - in Memoriam of Tank Gobs.JPG

OP
OP
TN Rotty

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
@Blueshound , @64Wing , @Jaysonics , @780 , @powerboatr , @ponterpitt , @Kidder , @Ford4Ever , @3DogKnight , @Kalidor , & @Kodiak

Thanks so much for your wonderful words, pics and even a GIF. They really show how much these 4 (and 3 - LOL) legged companions are part of us. They absolutely brought joy to my heart and smiles to my face (I also noted some word play in some of the replies - LOL).

Condolences to those who have lost recently or distantly but who still remember their old friends. My youngest does sketch work as a hobby and has done remembrance sketches of our old friends. Your posts make me think of their sketches and our times with them.

One story about Tank to share - he was funny, because if he barked inside the house he sounded huge (or maybe HUGE) and I had seen delivery people run to their cars thinking he was coming through the door (maybe because he would also bounce against the door). But once Tank was inside one of our vehicles for a ride, he had the most girly high pitched bark with the wind in his face. It was like he was a little pup again.

Tank was our 4th Rotty over the years and each had their own personality, but all were very family loyal. Ollie was our first adoption (at 7 years old) and was known by her previous owners to get on counters for food. We left to go on a short walk and came back quietly to find her on her mat and not in the kitchen. We started praising her and didn't notice she wasn't moving from the mat, not a muscle. Next thing I heard was "Oh My!" from my wife from the kitchen. Ollie had jumped on the counter and hit the hot lasagna pan that was cooling at the back of the counter, flipping it on top of her head, and it landed upside down on the floor. We then turned on a light and found lasagna sauce on her head and ears. Ollie was okay, but she never got on the counters again and we had a good laugh and something else to eat that night. We lost Ollie at nearly 14, which was a long time now it seems.

Any others pics or stories, suggestions on traveling, etc. please keep them coming. They are definitely great to read and see, and may end up with someone else reading them and asking their buddy - "Want to go for an R-I-D-E ?" (Tank knew what that spelling meant and we'd start to hear those high pitched notes tuning up - LOL.)

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
@Blueshound , @64Wing , @Jaysonics , @780 , @powerboatr , @ponterpitt , @Kidder , @Ford4Ever , @3DogKnight , @Kalidor , & @Kodiak

Thanks so much for your wonderful words, pics and even a GIF. They really show how much these 4 (and 3 - LOL) legged companions are part of us. They absolutely brought joy to my heart and smiles to my face (I also noted some word play in some of the replies - LOL).

Condolences to those who have lost recently or distantly but who still remember their old friends. My youngest does sketch work as a hobby and has done remembrance sketches of our old friends. Your posts make me think of their sketches and our times with them.

One story about Tank to share - he was funny, because if he barked inside the house he sounded huge (or maybe HUGE) and I had seen delivery people run to their cars thinking he was coming through the door (maybe because he would also bounce against the door). But once Tank was inside one of our vehicles for a ride, he had the most girly high pitched bark with the wind in his face. It was like he was a little pup again.

Tank was our 4th Rotty over the years and each had their own personality, but all were very family loyal. Ollie was our first adoption (at 7 years old) and was known by her previous owners to get on counters for food. We left to go on a short walk and came back quietly to find her on her mat and not in the kitchen. We started praising her and didn't notice she wasn't moving from the mat, not a muscle. Next thing I heard was "Oh My!" from my wife from the kitchen. Ollie had jumped on the counter and hit the hot lasagna pan that was cooling at the back of the counter, flipping it on top of her head, and it landed upside down on the floor. We then turned on a light and found lasagna sauce on her head and ears. Ollie was okay, but she never got on the counters again and we had a good laugh and something else to eat that night. We lost Ollie at nearly 14, which was a long time now it seems.

Any others pics or stories, suggestions on traveling, etc. please keep them coming. They are definitely great to read and see, and may end up with someone else reading them and asking their buddy - "Want to go for an R-I-D-E ?" (Tank knew what that spelling meant and we'd start to hear those high pitched notes tuning up - LOL.)
my present dog jetta, only wants to go for a ride if you say are you ready to go to school? then she becomes the smart girl and attentive. she loved school at the vets office.
and yes she understands complete sentences. DOGS are smart and smarter than we really know
they are awesome parts of our lives here on the big blue sphere.
losses are hard, but only because they are such great friends with fur
and those that adopt us are even more special.

Ford F-150 4 Legged Photo Request - in Memoriam of Tank 20170427_174101
Sponsored

Last edited: