Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 f150 xlt, 2021 f150 lariat powerstroke (soon,
Hey all,
Ordered a lariat sport powerstroke back in late April and dealer recently told me I have an 8/2 build date when I called to check up on it. I've noticed some people seem to get their VINs right away, yet I still have not been provided one. Is this normal? Is the dealer pulling something shady/doing something incorrectly in my case? Never ordered a custom vehicle like this before so I'm not really sure what to expect at this point.
Sponsored

additionsola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado
Hey all,
Ordered a lariat sport powerstroke back in late April and dealer recently told me I have an 8/2 build date when I called to check up on it. I've noticed some people seem to get their VINs right away, yet I still have not been provided one. Is this normal? Is the dealer pulling something shady/doing something incorrectly in my case? Never ordered a custom vehicle like this before so I'm not really sure what to expect at this point.

Vehicles are assigned a VIN when they are assigned a build date... your vehicle SHOULD have one and the dealer should be able to provide it.

spawner

First Name
Mar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Designer
I placed an order in Jan-28 and just got my vin, followed by another notice that my truck is scheduled for production late Sep, you should get a vin before anything.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I think I've seen reports that VINs get assigned on Thursdays, but I'm sure some insiders can provide clarity on that. I'm hoping I get a VIN today for my order placed 7/5.

antimatter_plat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Hybrid
I think I've seen reports that VINs get assigned on Thursdays, but I'm sure some insiders can provide clarity on that. I'm hoping I get a VIN today for my order placed 7/5.
Ordered 7/5 as well, just checked ford performance and no vin. Might be early in the day, but I'll check back next Friday.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vehicles are assigned a VIN when they are assigned a build date... your vehicle SHOULD have one and the dealer should be able to provide it.
Sounds like I need to give my dealer another call... again.. thanks!

OP
OP

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealer now says build date is 8/5 but no VIN is this normal? Feel like I'm being jerked around here since most people seem to be getting VINs assigned much further out from the build dates

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Dealer now says build date is 8/5 but no VIN is this normal? Feel like I'm being jerked around here since most people seem to be getting VINs assigned much further out from the build dates
I don't think they schedule without VINs.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
What your/the dealer issue may be is that they only have one (or minimal) staff with access to the order tracking data. Depending on how forthcoming they are with information, the salesperson you're dealing with may not actually know the VIN or have access to it, just that it's scheduled. There is definitely someone at the dealer with access to that info though.

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Other way around. Vehicles are assigned a build date AFTER they are assigned a Vin#

No it's not normal. If they're telling you that you have a build day, then you're way past getting a Vin#. You get a Vin#, then a build week, and then a build day.

What's your order number and dealer/sales code , or the name of your dealer?

OP
OP

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I was put on hold while he got ahold of the guy who handles that. Might just call back and tell them I want that person directly. They e already taken deposit money from me and expect me to pay 75k for it the least they could do is be transparent with the info I'm requesting.

OP
OP

Morinvok

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealer is corwin Ford reno. Don't have the other info with me and I'm at work for the night, unfortunately

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealer is corwin Ford reno. Don't have the other info with me and I'm at work for the night, unfortunately
I can access all of their orders, it will just take a bit longer. When did you place your order?
Sponsored