First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Wow, with the Dearborn plant starting to assembly new 2021 trucks by mid/late September, would expect those of us who placed orders in early August will very soon be told about "locking in" our orders and getting VINs in the not too-distant future.

It's starting to get real! :D
I have a VIN and told was to start build on 16 Nov.
Sponsored

mel063

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150, 79 Jeep CJ-5
Occupation
Sr. Director
I am really conflicted as to cancel the max recline seats in hopes of my build happening sooner or riding it out and getting what I want...

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I'm with you on the max recline seats, but chose not to order them becasue of the unknown wait. We asked ourselves how often they would be used, and the answer was almost never. My wife occasionally reclines the passenger seat on long road trips, but I told her even that is unsafe, and totally flat back is risking death in an accident becasue you'll slip right through the seat belts as the lap belt alone will allow you to submarine forward. Given that, the amount of use they would get is minimal. The main reason I wanted them is they appear to be nicer the way the separate shoulder cushion looks compared to the Lariat seats. But either way I decided it wasn't worth waiting until summer 2021 instead of Christmas, based on completely made up dates.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I have VIN with Ford saying build set for week of 26 Oct.

desertlivin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3, 2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Network Architect
I'm with you on the max recline seats, but chose not to order them becasue of the unknown wait. We asked ourselves how often they would be used, and the answer was almost never. My wife occasionally reclines the passenger seat on long road trips, but I told her even that is unsafe, and totally flat back is risking death in an accident becasue you'll slip right through the seat belts as the lap belt alone will allow you to submarine forward. Given that, the amount of use they would get is minimal. The main reason I wanted them is they appear to be nicer the way the separate shoulder cushion looks compared to the Lariat seats. But either way I decided it wasn't worth waiting until summer 2021 instead of Christmas, based on completely made up dates.
I wouldn't be surprised if they have a mechanism that doesn't let you recline the seat flat when the vehicle is moving. Pure speculation on my part, but I could see some sort of NHTSB requirements they will need to adhere to.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I wouldn't be surprised if they have a mechanism that doesn't let you recline the seat flat when the vehicle is moving. Pure speculation on my part, but I could see some sort of NHTSB requirements they will need to adhere to.
Probably not the passenger side though.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I think they would cost a lot more than $340 if they had to integrate a lockout mechanism and have the seats tested, I bet the warnings are all they have.

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
I have a VIN and told was to start build on 16 Nov.
I just got my VIN, but the ford tracking website says invalid VIN or No updates available. Ill try it again next week. You guys are using the shop.ford.com website correct?

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
That is the site as soon as production is ready it will change status and show up on the site...

I have had some special orders (like most here) that never showed up on there....really weird...

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I just got my VIN, but the ford tracking website says invalid VIN or No updates available. Ill try it again next week. You guys are using the shop.ford.com website correct?
Mine says the same thing but dealer is showing projected build date 26 Oct, still just early I think.

OP
OP
Kefoster2

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I got my info straight from my dealer.
Sponsored