Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Man that's scares me then, if they fried the headlights while trying to adjust the license plates light....
I think it’s the trailer lighting. So probably just the circuits going to the trailer plug. Who knows.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Have a 22 with version 22082 revision 411. Don’t drive much since I have a company car and have a poor ATT signal at our place (In town as well). I got my mongoose cable and charger this afternoon to do the updates (and Forscan). I have been reading and have learned a ton but still want clarification on some things before attempting this.

FDRS shows there are updates available for ABS, APIM, and BCM modules. Is it ok to update all of these? I thought I remember reading updating the BCM module could cause issues. Should I update In any certain order? Will updating these lead to any other updates that I shouldn’t do? Does manually updating prevent future OTA updates?

Thanks ahead of time for the help!
I have a 21 Lariat PB 502A and performed the ABS and BCM a couple of days ago without any issues. As far as I know, Ford removed the bad update from the server. As for the APIM, I had to get help from @Jesse-Infotainment because I couldn't get the files to download through FDRS. Maybe Jesse can provide more info on the current BCM update.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Have a 22 with version 22082 revision 411. Don’t drive much since I have a company car and have a poor ATT signal at our place (In town as well). I got my mongoose cable and charger this afternoon to do the updates (and Forscan). I have been reading and have learned a ton but still want clarification on some things before attempting this.

FDRS shows there are updates available for ABS, APIM, and BCM modules. Is it ok to update all of these? I thought I remember reading updating the BCM module could cause issues. Should I update In any certain order? Will updating these lead to any other updates that I shouldn’t do? Does manually updating prevent future OTA updates?

Thanks ahead of time for the help!
I have a 22 KR and did updates last month, was on the same version of the APIM as you. I did receive 3.5.2 back in September, but nothing since. I had BCM, PCM, ABS, TCU, APIM, IPC, and some other modules, as you update the list refreshes and new updates for different or same module may show up. Didn't have an issue with any of the updates. Just took 6-8 hours to complete.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I have a 21 Lariat PB 502A and performed the ABS and BCM a couple of days ago without any issues. As far as I know, Ford removed the bad update from the server. As for the APIM, I had to get help from @Jesse-Infotainment because I couldn't get the files to download through FDRS. Maybe Jesse can provide more info on the current BCM update.
While I'm certain you're correct about the bad BCM update being pulled, it specifically affected trucks with the reflector LED's not the projector LED's you have

Sponsored

Ctimrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
While I'm certain you're correct about the bad BCM update being pulled, it specifically affected trucks with the reflector LED's not the projector LED's you have
My truck is a 501, how do I know which headlights I have?

khaledo90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 21 Lariat 501A PowerBoost Carbonized Grey FX4
I was having the code_0 error on the APIM update. Deleted that folder and had it download it again. When I first plugged in the USB using the USB C port it gave me this “update could not complete” almost immediately. I thought that was odd so I unplugged and plugged it in the USB port and it’s been updating for 20 mins so far.

51199FE0-CC31-4C0A-A51D-4F5D13B75826.jpeg
I am having the code_0 error on the APIM update.
I have deleted the folder and redownloaded the files and I still get code_0 error.
Is there something else you did?
Thanks

Sponsored

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I am having the code_0 error on the APIM update.
I have deleted the folder and redownloaded the files and I still get code_0 error.
Is there something else you did?
Thanks
Quick Formatted the USB again with ExFat and tried the USBC port first. Nothing else changed from before.

khaledo90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 21 Lariat 501A PowerBoost Carbonized Grey FX4
Quick Formatted the USB again with ExFat and tried the USBC port first. Nothing else changed from before.
I did that but I’m still getting code_0 error
Can you show me the engineering assembly p/n and software p/n

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 5B1D97DD-4531-451B-82DD-F04414E36183

thegc90

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Project Manager
I had a fun afternoon today. Got my Mongoose cable, FDRS license, flash drive, and a trickle charger to knock out some updates. Started the process with the APIM update with 12.9v and after it had been running for about 20 minutes, voltage started to drop quickly (even with the charger attached to the battery). The radio eventually shut itself down to save power WHILE my laptop was downloading files. I was nervous as hell that I was going to brick the dang thing. Long story short, the radio shut down, my laptop continued to download things for about 5 more minutes then prompted that the update had failed. I closed FDRS, disconnected my cable, and turned the truck on. Everything was exactly as it was before I started the process. I let out a HUGE sigh of relief.

Fast forward to about 40 minutes later... I get a notification from the FordPass app that the 3.5.3.2 update had been successfully applied to the truck. I went out to the truck and low and behold it had updated and I was able to use CarPlay widescreen. Anyone else experience something like this? I've got a 10amp trickle charger coming tomorrow and I'm going to rescan the truck to see what it still needs. Just strange to me that after all that, the update applied.

Ctimrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I had a fun afternoon today. Got my Mongoose cable, FDRS license, flash drive, and a trickle charger to knock out some updates. Started the process with the APIM update with 12.9v and after it had been running for about 20 minutes, voltage started to drop quickly (even with the charger attached to the battery). The radio eventually shut itself down to save power WHILE my laptop was downloading files. I was nervous as hell that I was going to brick the dang thing. Long story short, the radio shut down, my laptop continued to download things for about 5 more minutes then prompted that the update had failed. I closed FDRS, disconnected my cable, and turned the truck on. Everything was exactly as it was before I started the process. I let out a HUGE sigh of relief.

Fast forward to about 40 minutes later... I get a notification from the FordPass app that the 3.5.3.2 update had been successfully applied to the truck. I went out to the truck and low and behold it had updated and I was able to use CarPlay widescreen. Anyone else experience something like this? I've got a 10amp trickle charger coming tomorrow and I'm going to rescan the truck to see what it still needs. Just strange to me that after all that, the update applied.
Wow, crazy strange timing! When I first hooked up the battery charger I didn't have it in power supply mode and mine also dropped fairly quick. I put it in power supply mode and it maintained 13.4-13.6 during the entire 6 hour update process.

You should be able to log into FDRS to check the sw update tab without any concern of the voltage dropping while you check what still needs to be updated. Actually you could log in without connecting to the truck and see what FDRS shows still needs updating.

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

I don’t think You want a trickle charger for this. Even at 10 amps. You need an old school charger that doesn’t turn off, or a newer with the power supply mode.
Sponsored