Show me your leveled trucks!

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
And to piggy back on Glovers question, what does the offset design actually do for you?
Sponsored

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
And to piggy back on Glovers question, what does the offset design actually do for you?
My understanding is the offset design optimizes the angle of the upper ball joint while the standard spacers, especially over 2", may create too much of an angle (reducing the life of the ball joint) and could cause the upper control arm to contact the coil spring in certain situations.

Last edited:

GloverF150

First Name
Jerace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat
Thanks, so which spacers are offset? I know the 2.3 Stage 3 is.

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
They do not have to specifically mention offset in the name but the spacer should only be able to be installed in one position for each side. This is what creates the proper geometry for the strut assembly. Best bet is to read the manufacturers description to see if they mention this.

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Leveled naturally 😂
Ford F-150 Show me your leveled trucks! 87085538-5A37-4B33-9544-6B8D0FD14D4B

Sponsored

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
My understanding is the offset design optimizes the angle of the upper ball joint while the standard spacers, especially over 2", may create too much of an angle (reducing the life of the ball joint) and could cause the upper control arm to contact the coil spring in certain situations.
It doesn’t have anything to do with ball joint angle.
All the offset of the spacer does is push inward the upper location of the coilover to give a slight increase of clearance between the coilover and upper arm.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Old setup- Leveled on bilstein 5100s (2.1 inch setting) rocking the stock 18 inch sport wheels blacked out with plasti dip and 295/70/18 nitto ridge grapplers
Ford F-150 Show me your leveled trucks! 3E9870F4-CFB5-4C1B-8561-1B0CAB874EEF
Ford F-150 Show me your leveled trucks! 1A4CB246-4396-4B8C-A941-1F18B548211B

New setup-
Bilstein 5100s at 2.1 inch setting with raptor take offs also blacked out with plasti dip and BF Goodrich 315/70/17 KO2s.
Ford F-150 Show me your leveled trucks! D948AC61-CFBB-4D75-8F9F-69EF997CB1CB

Ford F-150 Show me your leveled trucks! 37FC5057-40A2-4630-A2DB-329B256CE863

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
Maybe this is a good place to ask this question. I started a thread but didn’t get much response. I just got a ‘21 xlt with the powerboost engine and I am debating between a 2” bds with fox shocks level or just going with a 4” bds coil over. I want to do 35”x12” r18s and I am thinking either 4.11 or 4.56 gears. My goal is to eliminate the rake, make it more capable off road without making it uncomfortable on road. The talk about the powerboost not getting the full 2” on the fox setups has me thinking more towards the 4” but previously I had been leaning towards the 2”. I was also considering the cognito 2.5” system with the king shocks. I was wondering if anyone had any input regarding the pros and cons of these routes. I understand there will be compromises with any of the routes and I am hoping to better my understanding of the effects of these options. Thanks!

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
Maybe this is a good place to ask this question. I started a thread but didn’t get much response. I just got a ‘21 xlt with the powerboost engine and I am debating between a 2” bds with fox shocks level or just going with a 4” bds coil over. I want to do 35”x12” r18s and I am thinking either 4.11 or 4.56 gears. My goal is to eliminate the rake, make it more capable off road without making it uncomfortable on road. The talk about the powerboost not getting the full 2” on the fox setups has me thinking more towards the 4” but previously I had been leaning towards the 2”. I was also considering the cognito 2.5” system with the king shocks. I was wondering if anyone had any input regarding the pros and cons of these routes. I understand there will be compromises with any of the routes and I am hoping to better my understanding of the effects of these options. Thanks!
Being able to rock 35s will all depend on your wheel offset, plenty of people are able to rock 35s with a level. Even the raptor take offs which are close to 35s fit on a stock non leveled truck, it really all comes down to what wheels and offset you are deciding to go with. The 4 inch lift might be overkill if you're looking at a non aggressive offset but might be necessary for an aggressive offset. At that point you will be absolutely killing your powerboost MPG though because the higher lift paired with bigger heavier tires might not allow the truck to go into electric mode as often. Just an FYI you could also rock a 15-20 coil over kit like many members here were doing before the 21-22 kits came out and those give slightly more lift than advertised for that year. They also bolt up without any issue.

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
Being able to rock 35s will all depend on your wheel offset, plenty of people are able to rock 35s with a level. Even the raptor take offs which are close to 35s fit on a stock non leveled truck, it really all comes down to what wheels and offset you are deciding to go with. The 4 inch lift might be overkill if you're looking at a non aggressive offset but might be necessary for an aggressive offset. At that point you will be absolutely killing your powerboost MPG though because the higher lift paired with bigger heavier tires might not allow the truck to go into electric mode as often. Just an FYI you could also rock a 15-20 coil over kit like many members here were doing before the 21-22 kits came out and those give slightly more lift than advertised for that year. They also bolt up without any issue.
All else aside, does the difference between a 2” and 4” lift affect the mpg dramatically?

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
All else aside, does the difference between a 2” and 4” lift affect the mpg dramatically?
I don't have a power boost so I cant tell you from first hand experience but I'm sure it will. With the bad aerodynamics of the 4inch lift and heavier wheels and tires the electric mode wont kick on as often and will result in an MPG hit. How much would be a better question for the power boost guys on this forum. I would honestly recommend a level and 35s, that setup is perfection in my opinion, its the perfect balance of an aggressive look while retaining somewhat of a decent MPG and not having to go overboard on modding your truck. A 4 inch lift doesn't give you any ground clearance anyways it only lifts the body, the axle with 35s with a level would be at the same location as the axle on 35s with a 4inch lift. That's a pricey setup if its doable without a lift but at the end of the day it's your decision and your money. I was able to get some Raptor take offs for $1,400, Bilstein 5100s front and rear $400, and install and align $350. So for around 2k I got a leveled truck that's super capable off-road, leveled with great ride, and an aggressive look with only losing about 2-3 MPGs (not calibrated for bigger wheels/tires and non power boost).

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Cognito with kings or Elka’s would be awesome, that kit also includes upper control arms which would be very nice if planning on using it hard in the dirt. The cognito would be a good balance between quality and lift. Seems like a good option for you needs. But if not planning to use it hard in the dirt go with a quality strut like the bilstiens. Or go all out for the bling bling!

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
Cognito with kings or Elka’s would be awesome, that kit also includes upper control arms which would be very nice if planning on using it hard in the dirt. The cognito would be a good balance between quality and lift. Seems like a good option for you needs. But if not planning to use it hard in the dirt go with a quality strut like the bilstiens. Or go all out for the bling bling!
I do like that option! Regardless of what route o go I am getting the UCAs for sure. I’ve liked what I have heard about the fox’s comfort but I haven’t heard much about the king setup. I know they are supposed to be awesome off road but are they going to be comfortable on road as well? I don’t think my wife would be super happy if it ended up being a really firm ride hahaha