Frustrated and Confused!!

Williamsrm

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
I ordered a 2021 platinum on 11/10 and my salesman says it is scheduled to come in the week of Feb.22nd, but he says he has no information on the build date, ship date, window sticker info, etc. Don't they have on-line tools to get this info?
I find it hard to believe that the truck is arriving in 1-1/2 weeks without any details.
When I use the vin tracking site, it just tells me - in the order processing.
Appreciate any help in trying to get accurate information and status on this vehicle.
Sponsored

PGA

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Something is not right! You obviously have a VIN, so the salesman must have obtained that for you. If he is unable to locate any other information it is time for you to nicely (optional) request to speak with the manager/owner and have them get the information. It is all contained on their computer, no big deal.

OP
OP

Williamsrm

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
Something is not right! You obviously have a VIN, so the salesman must have obtained that for you. If he is unable to locate any other information it is time for you to nicely (optional) request to speak with the manager/owner and have them get the information. It is all contained on their computer, no big deal.
Yes, I have the vin number, but that's it? Is there any other place I could look to find this info?

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, I have the vin number, but that's it? Is there any other place I could look to find this info?
The vin tracker on this site, or the tracker on shop.ford.com should give you status. If they are saying you are still in order processing then I don't think the dealer will have more information. Perhaps if the person that does the ordering can pull up the full history of your truck in their system it will give more detail, but it will likely just show order processing and clean, and not have a build date or ETA. If it is legitimately still in order processing then the ETA the dealer gave you is a guestimate at best., and total BS at worst. If you are dealing with a small dealership, there are probably only a couple people who know how to access that system, so it is hard to get those updates in my experience. With the VIN you can get about as much as they can until it ships, and then they can get much more info on where the truck is. You can also try the chat function on Ford.com, but they likely won't give you much more info than you already have.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
First, you have to hope the salesman gave you the correct VIN! I used the tracker for a month with NO results. Contacted the Service Manager who gave me the correct VIN, bingo, I could then see that it was being built and I got a window sticker. The first VIN I got was not even close to the correct VIN, salesman must have found some cheap weed!

Sponsored

Henryrlee

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F-150 platinum ordered 2004 F350 2021 plt exp
Occupation
Us army retired
I ordered a 2021 platinum on 11/10 and my salesman says it is scheduled to come in the week of Feb.22nd, but he says he has no information on the build date, ship date, window sticker info, etc. Don't they have on-line tools to get this info?
I find it hard to believe that the truck is arriving in 1-1/2 weeks without any details.
When I use the vin tracking site, it just tells me - in the order processing.
Appreciate any help in trying to get accurate information and status on this vehicle.
I ordered a platinum on October 1.
I still have nothing

1fitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I ordered a platinum on October 1.
I still have nothing
That would be frustrating. I hope you get some movement soon.

I received my VIN few days after putting in the purchase then 5 weeks passed by with 'Ordering in Process' showing on tracker. Reached out to my sales advisor (text) 3 days ago inquiring further info - no reply.

Frustrating to say at least when I have to feel like I am being a nuisance yet we are the ones dropping $70k + on trucks. :rolleyes:

OP
OP

Williamsrm

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
Checked again with the dealer - they were of no help.
The website still showing - in order processing.
You would think Ford would at least try to satisfy the customers that have orders with some kind of information- extremely poor customer service.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
We get absolutely no credit for "time served" waiting or the order in which the orders were placed. Same at the plants for production to shipping. They simply sit randomly, while others get loaded onto trains right away. Folks that ordered in January are taking delivery ahead of us that ordered in fall/summer.

Go here: https://www.f150forum.com/f129/who-...1-post-here-tracking-begains-482201/index148/

Ask Pioneer nicely and paste your VIN. He will look up the Ford employee view with detailed history for you. He is a godsend.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have been on this forum long enough to understand that we don't know nearly as much as we think about the workings of Ford and their order process. Yes, there are parts/supplier constraints, but at this point an October truck should be sitting in a driveway and not in line to be build at an undetermined date.

I say this not to boast, because I feel extremely lucky, and with no intent to raise your blood pressure, but I ordered a Platinum (701A, FX4, Powerboost, Trailer Tow, Panoramic Roof, bedliner, wheel liners, 7.4KW, ect) on the 25th of January, built on February 23rd, and is scheduled to arrive at my dealer on March 17th. I'm blown away at how quickly they turned it around.

I could not locate your specific build on the forum, but my truck is close to being as loaded as they come (no max recline or max towing, pretty much everything else). However, I just don't understand why your truck is stuck in limbo. Its a travesty!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Williamsrm

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
I have been on this forum long enough to understand that we don't know nearly as much as we think about the workings of Ford and their order process. Yes, there are parts/supplier constraints, but at this point an October truck should be sitting in a driveway and not in line to be build at an undetermined date.

I say this not to boast, because I feel extremely lucky, and with no intent to raise your blood pressure, but I ordered a Platinum (701A, FX4, Powerboost, Trailer Tow, Panoramic Roof, bedliner, wheel liners, 7.4KW, ect) on the 25th of January, built on February 23rd, and is scheduled to arrive at my dealer on March 17th. I'm blown away at how quickly they turned it around.

I could not locate your specific build on the forum, but my truck is close to being as loaded as they come (no max recline or max towing, pretty much everything else). However, I just don't understand why your truck is stuck in limbo. Its a travesty!
Wow! almost the same truck as mine and it was ordered on November 11th.
Here is my vin number - Can anyone out there figure out whats going on?
vin - 1FTFW1CD3MFA94259

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vin - 1FTFW1CD3MFA94259
The only possible explanation is that Ford does not have 4x2 Powerboost chassis' or has a limited number of them in comparison to their 4x4 chassis'. I don't know the breakdown, but I would assume that the vast majority of Powerboost trucks are going to be 4x4's. You may be waiting on the vendor to deliver your PB chassis to Dearborn.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
vin - 1FTFW1CD3MFA94259
Use the forum link I provided! Pioneer can look up the info for you. The "In Order Processing" status is not useful, the employee view he (or a dealer) provides will say unscheduled clean, scheduled to week, or scheduled date. It will not get scheduled until they have all your parts allocated. How @05RubiconLJ skipped the line ahead of you is pure luck, and is a huge flaw in Ford's algorithm, IMO. I can understand why the factory doesn't honor chronological order, it optimizes throughput instead, but before a truck is built they should allocate and schedule the trucks as FIFO as possible.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Use the forum link I provided! Pioneer can look up the info for you. The "In Order Processing" status is not useful, the employee view he (or a dealer) provides will say unscheduled clean, scheduled to week, or scheduled date. It will not get scheduled until they have all your parts allocated. How @05RubiconLJ skipped the line ahead of you is pure luck, and is a huge flaw in Ford's algorithm, IMO. I can understand why the factory doesn't honor chronological order, it optimizes throughput instead, but before a truck is built they should allocate and schedule the trucks as FIFO as possible.
It would be great is FIFO was obtainable, but in today's 'shortage' environment it just isn't. I oversaw production for a commercial dish machine company for about 4 years. Machine's were made to order, but were highly dependent on parts availability. We didn't control parts manufacturing, so even our best demand planning left us having to build machine's as parts became available (out of order). Because @Williamsrm has such a straight forward build, with less options than what I ordered, the only x-factor is that I have a 4x4 and he has a 4x2. There has to be an unannounced vendor issue with that platform.
Sponsored