• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

XLT with ER starts at $74,169 glitch ?!?

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Not happy... hoping its a glitch but I suspect it isn't :(
Sponsored

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
Not happy... hoping its a glitch but I suspect it isn't :(
It has to be a glitch. Lariat 511A is the ER trim at $10,000 for the package, dropping to a 510A pushes you to the SR only. For the XLT it is the same situation, 311A is SR but to go 312A ER it is a 19,500 jump? something is wrong for sure.

Krackla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Was thinking similar. It is the same price as a Rivian which has more features out the gate.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
It has to be a glitch. Lariat 511A is the ER trim at $10,000 for the package, dropping to a 510A pushes you to the SR only. For the XLT it is the same situation, 311A is SR but to go 312A ER it is a 19,500 jump? something is wrong for sure.
I am very doubtful itā€™s a glitch.
It does help me though. The XLT+ ER was the trim I would have seriously considered over the Rivian R1T. With this, there is no doubt Iā€™m going for the Rivian.

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 302A PB
Ouch yeah, $79k for a Lariat ER or $74k for an XLT seems much worse than I had originally expected. They must be banking on all those tax incentives.

I think what was unexpected is theyā€™re requiring the highest package level on XLT and Lariat in order to get the ER battery. Donā€™t think everyone was counting on that when they were doing all their estimates before.

I agree, at this point seems like youā€™re better off getting the Lariat if you wanted an XLT ER. Just something about paying almost $75k for an XLT feels wrongā€¦

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Ouch yeah, $79k for a Lariat ER or $74k for an XLT seems much worse than I had originally expected. They must be banking on all those tax incentives.

I think what was unexpected is theyā€™re requiring the highest package level on XLT and Lariat in order to get the ER battery. Donā€™t think everyone was counting on that when they were doing all their estimates before.

I agree, at this point seems like youā€™re better off getting the Lariat if you wanted an XLT ER. Just something about paying almost $75k for an XLT feels wrongā€¦

If you're playing the tax game....be wary of the MSRP cap at $80k.

You can get there with a nice Lariat+..but choose too many add on things and you are over $80k..just in case the BBB passes. I'd hate to have someone lose out on $12500 because of an option or two.

Unfortunately it looks like if you add the max trailer tow to the Lariat+ you are going over $80k.

PS-- I *think* the MSRP cap for the BBB ONLY takes into account straight MSRP(+options) and does NOT include destination. This would keep you $~1695(?) lower than what Ford is showing. I'm sure Ford does this for clarity.

As always, this is strictly my non professional opinion, consult your tax advisor for details if/when the BBB passes and the IRS publishes guidance on it. At least I will not be first wave so I can wait and see what comes out of DC, but early orders may wish to proceed carefully under $80k.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
PS-- I *think* the MSRP cap for the BBB ONLY takes into account straight MSRP(+options) and does NOT include destination.
Didn't think about that. That makes me feel better about the Lariat ER.

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Just priced a fully loaded XLT with ER and fully loaded Lariat with ER because you get the cool wheels with the XLT ER too apparently too. Difference is $3,000? This canā€™t be right? Thereā€™d be no point in getting the XLT ER in that caseā€¦

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Didn't think about that. That makes me feel better about the Lariat ER.

A lot of unknowns with the BBB, even after Manchin's antics I give it a 50-50 shot at passing. I think the $80k MSRP cap is reasonably safe. If it were to go down to $74k were all out of luck.(even the XLT with ER battery puts you over $74k)

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just priced a fully loaded XLT with ER and fully loaded Lariat with ER because you get the cool wheels with the XLT ER too apparently too. Difference is $3,000? This canā€™t be right? Thereā€™d be no point in getting the XLT ER in that caseā€¦
yep. I'm thinking that is *EXACTLY* why the rate on the playbook yesterday was so low for the XLT and so high for the Lariat. I'm sure this is a strategic move for Ford.

- It drives most of us to the Lariat... more $$$, more profit
- On the production line it speeds things up as most truck are going to be the same trim/equipment.(Lariat+) vs having a 50/50 XLT/Lariat split

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
If this pricing hold true I will likely be pushed down to the Pro. There is no way I am paying $74k for a pickup truck. Very disappointing... I was already going to have a hard time justifying $66k based on the survey pricing.

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
I hadn't done that analysis... but yeah, $3k is nothing when talking about a freaking $80,000 truck. I feel stabbed in the back. I doubt this is a glitch. I'm not interested in a SR truck, and a $35,000 markup from the Pro SR to get the cheapest ER truck is just ridiculous.

On my end, I was comparing an XLT ER to a Powerboost. Both were around the $60-65k range. This is the single most expensive purchase I would have ever made besides my house, and even at 60-65 it was a hard pill to swallow. I simply can't do $75k. Or won't rather. My retirement and kids future is more important.

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
If this pricing hold true I will likely be pushed down to the Pro. There is no way I am paying $74k for a pickup truck. Very disappointing... I was already going to have a hard time justifying $66k based on the survey pricing.
Yeah that would be great except ford is making less than 5% of them pros. So basically in all of 2022 there will be around 500 pros made for retail. Good luck getting one.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I suspect that the ER battery actual cost is higher than we were thinking and Ford needs to load on the options to bury the cost and stay profitable in each trim. I was on the fence a bit between the XLT+ and Lariat+ (both ER) and this makes the decision easy.
Sponsored