2023 f150 stx fx4
Is at&t the only carrier we can get for the wifi in our trucks
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Yes, only AT&T. the modem uses a eSim so you can't change the the card to a different carrier.

OP
OP
Lricaud81

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
Well that sucks lol. Thanks for the info

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Yes, only AT&T. the modem uses a eSim so you can't change the the card to a different carrier.
I am sure there is a way to upload a different eSim. Perhaps not easy by the user, but there has to be a way.

That being said, I still believe that the entire "connectivity" thing is just plain stupid and doesn't make sense if you cannot connect your phone to it while it is connected to sync.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
So, just spent all day, 650 miles using the Wifi, and this is after the worthless 3G trial. so I m on the hook to overpay for the unlimited plan.

the wifi was flawless from nashville north . the wife was on her laptop the whole way, and if it had dropped a connection, believe me, you would have heard her too.

my phone was also connected and I streamed itunes thru the Sync system. To use Carplay and wifi you must use the wired connection. but even then it stays connected to the truck wifi.

I personally dont use carplay, just a personal choice, but the sync stream was fine over a wifi to the phone and bluetooth into the truck.

having said that, I will still be cancelling the truck wifi when I return home, just not going to be worth the cost to me. I generally listen to downloaded playlists on my phone.

but in Ford/ATT's defense, the vehicle hotspot worked as advertised. I only recently learned its the iphone that cannot do both, so not the trucks fault I guess.

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
If you want to use the trucks wifi and CarPlay, you have to use wired CarPlay and you will be fine.

OP
OP
Lricaud81

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
I have unlimited on my cells but if I did get the wifi for truck it'd only be for the kids tablets stuff like that. Not sure if it'd be worth the $200 a year for that tho.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
So, just spent all day, 650 miles using the Wifi, and this is after the worthless 3G trial. so I m on the hook to overpay for the unlimited plan.

the wifi was flawless from nashville north . the wife was on her laptop the whole way, and if it had dropped a connection, believe me, you would have heard her too.

my phone was also connected and I streamed itunes thru the Sync system. To use Carplay and wifi you must use the wired connection. but even then it stays connected to the truck wifi.

I personally dont use carplay, just a personal choice, but the sync stream was fine over a wifi to the phone and bluetooth into the truck.

having said that, I will still be cancelling the truck wifi when I return home, just not going to be worth the cost to me. I generally listen to downloaded playlists on my phone.

but in Ford/ATT's defense, the vehicle hotspot worked as advertised. I only recently learned its the iphone that cannot do both, so not the trucks fault I guess.
You can haggle ATT and get an auto renewing $15/mo vs locking into / paying for a year at a time. They might call you and offer it once you cancel, that's how I first discovered it and then was able to negotiate it 2 more times calling them (2 fords that use it)

YT150

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
PM
Go to your preferred carrier with the E-SIM number from your vehicle and they can transfer it their network. At least that is what I was told. I just use my cellphone or a dedicated device as a Hotspot. Much easier.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Ford won't release the number as they're partnered with ATT. All vehicles have data, it's just not accessible to the customer without the additional fee.
Sponsored