First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their cars.
After I graduated high school and was working at Best Buy while attending college, I picked up a copy of the the new-ish (at the time) Need For Speed Most Wanted and started playing the hell out of that. This was back in 2007 or 2008 and didn’t really know much about cars. I played that game and would see Mustangs, Civics, Acuras, the typical Need For Speed cars. One day I saw the 2005 Pontiac GTO and decided to play with that in the game.

Now I know that handling, speed, exhaust noise and acceleration don’t translate from games like that to the real world, but man did I fall in love with that car.

Fast forward to 2009 and low and behold, a 2006 with the 6.0 LS2 pops up for sale in my area. I went and test drove it and was sold. Ironically enough, one day at work the previous owner came in and was asking who drove the GTO out there. I thought for sure someone hit it, but he informed me it had a Pedders Track 2 suspension system on there and that was his wife’s daily driver. Score!

I went through all kinds of growing pains with this car. Lingenfelter over the radiator cold air intake, Kooks Axleback exhaust, Wretched Motorsports H-pipe and Pacesetter long tube headers and tuning. Everything, with the exception of the exhaust, done by myself and/or buddies in their shop. Blew a hole in the radiator, got in to my first wreck, had my first highway blowout. All kinds of blood, sweat and tears went in to this car. It is where I grew a love for modifying cars and trucks.

Probably the only car I actually miss, and miss more than some people that have come in and out of my life. I have since looked up the VIN stored in my insurance account and it was last sold at an auction wrecked. Made me pretty sad to see, but happy about the time I got to spend with it.

AE3C6BAC-22A7-4D0F-9B89-19D676DFF05E.jpeg
What a story. It sounds like you formed a lot of memories with that car. Glad you had those times, many people never get to put in that much energy or care into their cars.
Sponsored

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
It's the memories the car left you with for me.

I’ve had some amazing cars (and trucks) over the years, WAY TOO MANY to list but the one car I miss the most was the 1968 MGB I bought for $300.00 one summer.

The top was missing, it looked like crap, the brakes barely worked, ran like a bat out of hell and the starter was MIA so you had to bump-start it.

But me and that little Limey had one hell of a fun summer!
Older, fix-up cars always have more personality anyway

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Every time I stomp on the throttle of my 2021 F150 RCSB 5.0 and suddenly drop from 8th gear to 3rd… Let’s just say it brings back a lot of memories.

It’s good to know that Ford still knows how to use Gasoline to give an old guy Goosebumps!

I’m sure my next Pick-Up truck will be “electric” but between what I’ve been reading about the Lightning and the total disintegration of what Ford calls “Customer Service” these days, it’s NOT likely to be a “Ford”.

I really like how ugly the Cybertruck is looking and I’m hoping Elon Musk can pull it off. He seems pretty determined and Ford’s dismal “Customer Service” has made my money ripe for the taking!
Hoping you get the cybertruck just so we can see some pictures and reviews on it.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Was towing my 22’ camper with my v6 Grand Cherokee (we also have an 16’ Shasta Airflyte) and needed a truck. Saw that this had the 7.2kw generator and fell in love with it. Makes dry camping more palatable. The powerboost is such a beast and for it being my first truck it is my quickest vehicle I’ve ever owned.

I try to outdo my previous vehicle when I get a new one, so not sure what I’ll have next as my pb lariat has so many goodies. My wife and friends call it my ‘luxury truck’ and it’s only a lariat. Wouldn’t believe how crazy the KR/limited/platinums must be in all decked out trim levels.

And I need something to keep up with the wife’s b58 powered f30
A86244DA-4B9A-4108-9341-3344128EF04D.jpeg

821E2117-D57E-4D5B-8383-F15CC43995F4.jpeg

242B3FDC-7D72-419F-9556-499B84685F13.jpeg

E801DFD7-C1A1-4C5D-8BEB-794C6C29F303.jpeg

BB5F577C-13C1-4354-BD40-1DE074E46FF8.jpeg

C844EB01-CD92-4E06-96D4-F2B1A9886804.jpeg
Great combination! This looks like a camping trip i want to go on.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Throughout my kids growing up, I was the "soccer mom." My teacher schedule aligned with the kids' so I went from Suburban to two Escapes. In 2018, my youngest graduated high school and my wife said I deserved my dream vehicle... a Tacoma. I never thought I'd be a truck guy, but 3 dogs and an RV later, I upgraded to a 2020 F150 crew cab. While I loved my Taco, we needed the larger truck, and I do like the comfort. One final upgrade for luxuries like 360 cameras, dual climate control and rear step, and I'm in my current 2022!

My journey has been one of discovery. When I got the Tacoma, I figured I was done. Then when we went bigger in 2020, THAT was the last one. Here I am now in my 2022. I'd like to say it's the last one, but I've now experienced enough to know that it might not be... although with prices as they are, I'm a bit more confident I'm done upgrading. But I'm also at a point where I'm tired of searching for better and want to just do more. Don't get me wrong, I have two upgrade projects in the works for my truck... ambient lighting and integrated TPMS with trailer cam. Between the dogs and the RV, we aren't upgrading for anything else. For now... 😁
Soccer mom to Tacoma owner! What a journey!

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Of all the reasons, NONE greater than

20230227_124527.jpg

20230227_124630.jpg
YEP the GRANDKIDS reason WINS hands down every time
especially the grand daughters with the kryponite smiles

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
YEP the GRANDKIDS reason WINS hands down every time
especially the grand daughters with the kryponite smiles
Funny how you knew that I meant more than just the electricity. Lol

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Funny how you knew that I meant more than just the electricity. Lol
truthfully i didnt notice the power from truck :eek:
only those kids smiling and having a good time at grandpas (y)(y) kryptonite

Sponsored

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Older, fix-up cars always have more personality anyway
Oh, I had no intention of "fixing it up". Not at that time in my life...

It was my intention to drive the living piss out of it, pick up as many chicks as I could with it and abandon it wherever it broke down!

And that's exactly what I did.... 😉

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Oh, I had no intention of "fixing it up". Not at that time in my life...

It was my intention to drive the living piss out of it, pick up as many chicks as I could with it and abandon it wherever it broke down!

And that's exactly what I did.... 😉
Died doing what it loved lol.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Not anytime soon (of course).

But Ford Motor Company has ingrained in me a level of patience even my CHILDREN could never achive!
Who would have thought Ford would teach us patience? DMV who?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.