Sponsored

What are these two wire harnesses in my 2023 F150 bed?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's a fantastic teardrop. Not built to RV standards. Much more like marine standards.

I live in an RV and travel in 3 others. There's no comparison in the materials and engineering. And their resale value make them 0 risk investment.

And the $150 5000btu air conditioner will freeze you out!
Sponsored

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
It's a fantastic teardrop. Not built to RV standards. Much more like marine standards.

I live in an RV and travel in 3 others. There's no comparison in the materials and engineering. And their resale value make them 0 risk investment.

And the $150 5000btu air conditioner will freeze you out!
Hmmmm former sailor, marine grade as in meant for water or the, uh, other marine?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Lol
As in wood boat craftsmanship and materials. :)

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
IMO spray in bed liner is the only way to go. The drop ins hold water and destroy the paint in the box. The spray in have a texture that doesn't allow cargo to slide around as easy as the drop in plastic ones.
My experience with spray in has been with Line-X (5 times). While the surface is textured, it's still a hard surface and stuff still slides around. I put a bed rug on top of the spray in to help stop that..... I know, why the spray in then? My last few trucks were light colored and I like the look of a matte black "diamond" Line-X finish in the bed. Plus I have a short bed and usually the items I put in the bed are long and are sometimes propped up on the closed tailgate digging in the bed wall near the cab. With the walls covered now, the items don't cut (T-Posts, Pipe, Metal Landscape Edging, etc) into the paint and rust (gotcha aluminum bed ;) ).

Drop-ins do have a place though. For example, if you drop the "corner of a large heavy tool box" on a spray-in you risk denting the bed ;) Do the same on a drop-in and the tool box will likely do little to no damage.

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
At almost $500 for the dual liner, I'd just go spray in at that point I think. Besides that, it's basically a multi-piece drop-in liner. I've never cared for the drop-ins as over time they do the damage to the paint you're trying to avoid in the first place, IMHF-150O
You 100% damaged the paint with a spray on liner. Just saying.... I've had both the drop-ins and spray-on, both seem to serve the purpose as intended.
Sponsored