Sponsored

Water Leaked from center of roof? What to check?

dad_w_truck

First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Super crew w/ 6.5" bed
Had this 21 Super Crew truck for a year and this is the first time this has happened. All windows closed up. Had heavy rain yesterday, first rain this fall. Drove this morning and made a left turn and about a quarter cup of water dripped out from this point.

What should I be checking out?

@Ford Motor Company

Ford F-150 Water Leaked from center of roof? What to check? PXL_20221022_165333577
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Drains on each side of the panoramic roof?
(you have the panoramic roof?)

There's also some windshields that the seal on the passenger side isn't sealing? I think there's a TSB regarding.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
My 09 Lariat did that twice. I found a tiny spot around the satellite antenna that wasn’t sealed well. A small spot of silicon fixed it both times.

rtf150

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Agate Black 501A FX4 Powerboost
Hello.
I recently had a 2019 that was totaled out but had the same problem. I did everything to find the problem. I only had the issue under extreme rain situations.

This video below helped me with taking a deeper look at the potential problem.
Not saying that this fixed the problem for me.

My thoughts are the drain tubes just could not keep up with the volume of water during a downpour.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Had this 21 Super Crew truck for a year and this is the first time this has happened. All windows closed up. Had heavy rain yesterday, first rain this fall. Drove this morning and made a left turn and about a quarter cup of water dripped out from this point.

What should I be checking out?

@Ford Motor Company

PXL_20221022_165333577.jpg
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

OP
OP

dad_w_truck

First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Super crew w/ 6.5" bed
Thanks for the replies. I went out yesterday and poured water into the drain tray and all four corners, with the truck on a slight incline as needed, drained quickly with a few cups of water each. I park out in the open with no trees or the like overhead and the trays were clean with a little dust residue if anything. No other water appeared from the headliner when driving later. Really confusing. Will report back here with any findings or further water leaking. 10 day forecast...

Ford F-150 Water Leaked from center of roof? What to check? 1666625900721
Sponsored