Chapman Horsham - No price protection

hamd1786

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Tacoma SR, 22 F-150 Lariat
Paying cash, so that could hurt me. Just watched the youtube on how Ford will reimburse the dealer 45 days later for the price increases ... seems pretty straight forward. Maybe times are really tough at Chapman Horsham.
This has been the case for Koons in VA on their CDJR products.
They say 9.5% discount with an $899 doc fee.
But if finance outside or cash they’ll change it 8.5%

just finance the truck and pay if off the next day - you got the cash anyways

but you’ll burn this dealer because the bank will charge back the kickback

Atom1013

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
Self employed
*Our pricing program under invoice will not be combined with any manufacturer price protection programs…the POC/DORA may not be the final invoice price & only an estimate based on the current pricing guide from Ford/Stellantis…Ford/Stellantis occasionally has price increases during the course of production…once the vehicle lands on the ground, we will provide you a copy of the invoice from Ford/Stellantis & will honor our % under invoice in this email thread.*

This is the Disclaimer.

hamd1786

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
*Our pricing program under invoice will not be combined with any manufacturer price protection programs…the POC/DORA may not be the final invoice price & only an estimate based on the current pricing guide from Ford/Stellantis…Ford/Stellantis occasionally has price increases during the course of production…once the vehicle lands on the ground, we will provide you a copy of the invoice from Ford/Stellantis & will honor our % under invoice in this email thread.*

This is the Disclaimer.
Yeah they added this recently - I think Jan 2022 - I priced a Dodge and saw this and thought this is odd.
When I ordered F-150 I didn’t have this so I hope I am excused by price gouging gods

Ryan091

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150. 2022 f150 on order
Occupation
Tool and mold
Same happened to me in Canada but they ended up fixing it.

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
No changes; delivered on 4/19. I contacted them a couple of days after delivery said I think you have my truck and was told to wait for their "your vehicle has arrived" email. In their defense, they are "very busy with 30 plus vehicles arriving recently". Truck sat at the dealer for a week before they saw fit to email me about financing. I am still waiting for the opportunity to come get my truck ... i must be on the naughty list with Mr. Chapman. Every bone in my body says to tell these guys where to go but maybe their plan is to really piss off some customers so they walk from a truck that can be marked up. Pondering my next move.
Thats exactly what they want you to do. Then they can markup the price and sell it quick in todays market.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'

hamd1786

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On this forum Granger discussed this:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/price-protection-new-vehicle-orders.10006/

They also posted the Ford documentation on post #1 and noted not many Ford dealers may know this process.

I'd suggest providing this to Chapmans. They do not have to cover the price increase, Ford will do that. Good luck
Yeah it’s laid out pretty clear. Either dealer got greedy or looking for inventory; OPs truck is a tremor or ford isn’t disbursing the PP funds on time. I wouldn’t be surprised if ford isn’t giving out money

OP
OP

witnerranger

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just heard from the Big Cheese at Chapman. Ford has been hit or miss on honoring price protection so Chapman will charge off the invoice they pay and then cut you a check for the difference once Ford pays them thru the protection plan. Seems fair. As stated prior, if you changed your order at all, Ford may not pay.

Sponsored

hamd1786

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just heard from the Big Cheese at Chapman. Ford has been hit or miss on honoring price protection so Chapman will charge off the invoice they pay and then cut you a check for the difference once Ford pays them thru the protection plan. Seems fair. As stated prior, if you changed your order at all, Ford may not pay.
Then ford has the audacity to say we are punishing dealers for ADM; not that I support adms. But dealers gotta make bread and butter too. I thought I was being a conspiracy theorist thinking ford isn’t paying the dealer but 🤣🤣🤣it’s true

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
I guess that is ok as long as you get a POC @ Ford to follow up with.

Adding another process that requires someone at Chapman to track each individual price protected purchase will surely have some challenges. It would certainly seem easier just to sell the vehicle at the protected price and let Ford reimburse the dealer.

Tom Borah has been fairly upfront about Chapman’s struggles getting reimbursed from Ford & Stellantis.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
From everything I know, Tom is a stand up guy. This is surprising to hear, but the explanation does make sense given our known inability for Ford to manage anything these days. If it is the case, Tom sells cheap enough that he’d lose money if Ford doesn’t reimburse for the price protection, whereas dealers selling at MSRP are still likely to make some money if Ford doesn’t hold up their end. Sucks, but I can see the logic.

For what it’s worth regarding the financing comment, Chapman does not discriminate based on your choice of financing. I ended up going with FMC for the 0%, but I had my own financing lined up before hand and the price they gave me to get that set up is the price they gave me with ford credit is the price they gave me on my quote. They never mentioned caring where I financed, which I was actually surprised by. They weren’t pushy for warranty or maintenance plans either

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
From everything I know, Tom is a stand up guy. This is surprising to hear, but the explanation does make sense given our known inability for Ford to manage anything these days. If it is the case, Tom sells cheap enough that he’d lose money if Ford doesn’t reimburse for the price protection, whereas dealers selling at MSRP are still likely to make some money if Ford doesn’t hold up their end. Sucks, but I can see the logic.

For what it’s worth regarding the financing comment, Chapman does not discriminate based on your choice of financing. I ended up going with FMC for the 0%, but I had my own financing lined up before hand and the price they gave me to get that set up is the price they gave me with ford credit is the price they gave me on my quote. They never mentioned caring where I financed, which I was actually surprised by. They weren’t pushy for warranty or maintenance plans either
It's a shame it's come down to this because the price protection process should be invisible to us customers. It should be a relative simple process between Ford and the dealer. My experiences with Tom also show him to be a stand-up guy. I can certainly see the frustration from his perspective if Ford stiffs them with the volume they're doing. A couple hundred vehicles a month at $1400 or more each certainly adds up quickly. As long as they follow through with the refund to the customer, I suppose everything's okay in the end. It just seems like an unnecessary additional administrative burden caused by Ford.

At the end of the day, I've been pleased thus far with my experiences at Chapman Ford of Horsham. Now if only my PremiumCare ESP would show up on my FordPass!

jz777

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2020 BMW M240i Convertible
Now if only my PremiumCare ESP would show up on my FordPass!
RalpL, I had the same problem with my ESP not showing on my FordPass. Did a little digging and found out your name on your FordPass account needs to match the name on the ESP plan. Ex. if one says Joe Smith and the other is under Joseph, no go. I changed mine to match and it showed up instantly!
Sponsored