Sponsored

Using FORScan to turn off "Exhaust Filter" on My View screen, truck is not a Diesel?

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
What is your vin.

OP
OP
Smitdog

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
1FTFW1ED1MFA99196

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
1FTFW1ED1MFA99196
They had a ton of issues with the PMI process. I am happy that it looks like they did get the proper software on it though. That is good news. THat would have been bad had they not.

I do not see anywhere that it was configured.

You want to configure it as quickly as possible or the online will reflect what is currently in the Cluster.

All you need to do is go to forscan.

Select load factory as buuld

It may ask you if you want to download it. If it does select yes. Once it says it has loaded successfully

Select write all

Youll be done

OP
OP
Smitdog

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
They had a ton of issues with the PMI process. I am happy that it looks like they did get the proper software on it though. That is good news. THat would have been bad had they not.

I do not see anywhere that it was configured.

You want to configure it as quickly as possible or the online will reflect what is currently in the Cluster.

All you need to do is go to forscan.

Select load factory as buuld

It may ask you if you want to download it. If it does select yes. Once it says it has loaded successfully

Select write all

Youll be done
Thank you Jesse.

I also noticed that the Engine Hours has been reset to zero, or based on my understanding of your post, that my Engine Hours stat was not transferred to the new cluster.

Ford F-150 Using FORScan to turn off "Exhaust Filter" on My View screen, truck is not a Diesel? Engine Hours Reset

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thank you Jesse.

I also noticed that the Engine Hours has been reset to zero, or based on my understanding of your post, that my Engine Hours stat was not transferred to the new cluster.

Engine Hours Reset.jpg
oH MY GOD.. THEY DIDNT EVEN PROGRAM THAT?

hOLY SHIT MAN THEY VIOLATED SEVERAL fEDEAR LAWS WITH THAT ONE

yOU CAN PROGRAM IT ALSO BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW THE PREVIOUS VALUES

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
dID THEY PROGRAM THE MILEAGE

OP
OP
Smitdog

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Yes, they did program the mileage.

Although... During the time the truck was at the dealership the ODO went from 14,266 to 14,313, or 47 miles were put on the truck while it was there.

To me that seemed like a lot of miles to put on the truck while test driving it, especially since the IPC reboot issue could be recreated just by driving the truck without putting on the seatbelt (I know, crazy).

I questioned the service advisor about what I thought was excess mileage put on the vehicle, and he said it was from just normal test driving (standard answer whether he knew the real reason or not).

I just assumed that the vehicle mileage was stored somewhere else separate from the IPC component, so trusted that it's the actual mileage. I don't know if transferring the mileage is a straight data transfer process, or if the tech manually programs in what the correct mileage should be, and in my case made a mistake (?)

OP
OP
Smitdog

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
yOU CAN PROGRAM IT ALSO BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW THE PREVIOUS VALUES
Are the previous engine hours stored anywhere in the cloud?

Or is the proper / official transfer a manual process where the tech writes down the engine hours (and mileage?), and then uses it to manually update the new cluster?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Are the previous engine hours stored anywhere in the cloud?

Or is the proper / official transfer a manual process where the tech writes down the engine hours (and mileage?), and then uses it to manually update the new cluster?

THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO GET THE INFO PRIOR TO PULLING THE CLUSTER. THE DEALERSHIP HAS NO ABILITY TO PROGRAM THE MILEAGE OR ENGINE HOURS. ITS DONE PRIOR TO SHIPPING AER AND UR ARE SUPPOSED TO PROGRAM THEM PRIOR TO SHIPPING.

WE CAN PROGRAM IT IN FORSCAN BUT WE NEED TO KNOW THE PREVIOUS HOURS. IT IS NOT STORED ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THE CLUSTER.

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Wow this one got Jesse all kinds of worked up. Can't say I blame him as this dealership really screwed up with this one.

Yes, they did program the mileage.

Although... During the time the truck was at the dealership the ODO went from 14,266 to 14,313, or 47 miles were put on the truck while it was there.

To me that seemed like a lot of miles to put on the truck while test driving it, especially since the IPC reboot issue could be recreated just by driving the truck without putting on the seatbelt (I know, crazy).

I questioned the service advisor about what I thought was excess mileage put on the vehicle, and he said it was from just normal test driving (standard answer whether he knew the real reason or not).

I just assumed that the vehicle mileage was stored somewhere else separate from the IPC component, so trusted that it's the actual mileage. I don't know if transferring the mileage is a straight data transfer process, or if the tech manually programs in what the correct mileage should be, and in my case made a mistake (?)
That's a lot of miles for a cluster issue. Bet the tech pulled the mileage out his ass... Especially since he screwed everything else up so badly.

OP
OP
Smitdog

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
If the dealership has no capability to program the engine hours or mileage, how is it that the mileage reported in the new cluster is accurate (if not close)? But the engine hours was set to zero?

Do they not have FORscan (or a similar tool)?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
If the dealership has no capability to program the engine hours or mileage, how is it that the mileage reported in the new cluster is accurate (if not close)? But the engine hours was set to zero?

They use FDRS to do this sort of stuff. Forscan is very powerful but has limitations. You CAN update the mileage but only higher than what's currently logged. FDRS with the associated hardware can set it to lower if needed. Say you get a replacement cluster with higher miles on it than the truck actually has.

I wonder if they still have the original parts, and if so could reinstall them and get the actual data from that then swap everything back out and update the new one CORRECTLY this time.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Because they told AER or UR the mileage but not the hours. They have no capability to program the clusters at the dealer level.. FDRS has NO ablity.

Im out. Leave you to it

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Because they told AER or UR the mileage but not the hours. They have no capability to program the clusters at the dealer level.. FDRS has NO ablity.

Damn..

Yeah.. @Smitdog Definitely want to take it back in and have them correct this. I'd go straight to the service manager since the tech screwed up so bad and as Jesse stated they violated federal laws on this one. Good luck.
Sponsored