Sponsored

Undercover fail

Pjeffries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I discovered that a cheaply built cover under the truck behind front suspension is waterlogged and sagging. It must be there for streamlining the underside? Called the dealer and he said they have problems with them and just remove them. There is a replacement made of plastic. Parts department is getting one in this week. I plan to buy because I can see where it could help keep a lot of our winter road slop away from the drivetrain.

It's a shame that a $60k truck has such a cheap design. Anyone have similar issue?
Sponsored

UncleFester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
I see F150s everyday with them flopping in the wind. I asked a tech about them and he laughed, its aero and sound deadening, took mine off and tossed in the trash.

MHarvey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 501A
Occupation
Firefighter

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
you need this from ford its for raptors and phantoms...not sure who has a phantom 😍

Ford F-150 Undercover fail metal ford engine trans cover (10)

Ford F-150 Undercover fail metal ford engine trans cover (5)

Ford F-150 Undercover fail metal ford engine trans cover (17)

Ford F-150 Undercover fail metal ford engine trans cover (13)

Wes1963

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I discovered that a cheaply built cover under the truck behind front suspension is waterlogged and sagging. It must be there for streamlining the underside? Called the dealer and he said they have problems with them and just remove them. There is a replacement made of plastic. Parts department is getting one in this week. I plan to buy because I can see where it could help keep a lot of our winter road slop away from the drivetrain.

It's a shame that a $60k truck has such a cheap design. Anyone have similar issue?
Did they happen to give you the part number for the plastic one?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Pjeffries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
ML3Z7222D Is supposed to be the number. Will know for sure in a day or two if it's plastic.