Sponsored

Unbelievable! My new truck is totaled before delivery.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
There are 5 near me in CA, but even that isn’t a lot and I doubt they are discounting much.
Sponsored

bpost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
I’m going in to see my dealer tomorrow. He has pictures of my totaled truck. He wanted pictures because he could not believe it either. Truck number three is being ordered today. On the bright side the first truck I ordered came out of the shop last week. They are going to let me drive it until the next new one comes in and then they will send it back to Ford and we will swap trucks. And I do have a fantastic dealer to work with.
What was wrong with the first one that resulted in the lemon take back?

OP
OP

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer
What was wrong with the first one that resulted in the lemon take back?
It was in the shop for almost 5 months after I owned it for 10 days. Ford invested over 20,000 trying to get it to run right.

Sponsored

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
Hi guys,

Does someone knows if Ford is reopen the Claycomo factory plant this week?

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
I got a new 2021 limited power boost onJanuary 6. Has been in the shop since January 19. They ordered me a new one on the lemon law. Was to arrive at my dealer last week. Checked with the dealer today to see if it had arrived. He informed me that it was on a transport truck that overturned and my truck and another one of his customers was on that transport. They were both totaled. Back to the drawing board.
Wow, what bad news. I'm sure Ford would put high priority on the replacement.

hcrespi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
It was in the shop for almost 5 months after I owned it for 10 days. Ford invested over 20,000 trying to get it to run right.
question, so the "onus" is basically on you for waiting all this time to get another truck ? I'm asking because my new truck with 1000 miles is at the dealer for weeks and they can't solve the issue. I completely lost brakes on the truck 3 times and they already replace a lot of stuff. I need the truck to work and the dealer can't provide a truck and Ford says that I can rent one but it's impossible to find.

OP
OP

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer
My dealer let me use two different trucks for four weeks. They were just used trucks that were on his lot. Then he put me in a nice used Lincoln SUV. Finally he put me in a rental that Ford paid for. Almost 5 months altogether.

bpost

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
What a nightmare.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Another option is to ask the dealer give you a great deal on a similar-spec truck they can get through another dealer. Maybe it won't be an exact match, but you can probably get close and get it soon. Is there anything super rare about your order?
I agree, That's how I got the truck I wanted. Only one dealer pulled it off while others claimed they could not. My dealer was a Car Pro USA dealer. He came up with a choice of five trucks.
Sponsored