Sponsored

Turn signal cams working without trailer

ProHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
For those of you that updated your IPMA recently in FDRS, I was able to get the turn signal cams working without a trailer. I plugged in a Tow Ready trailer plug and the truck recognized something was plugged in. It does look like you lose a few features such as cross traffic and BLIS. Although I haven’t tested it, you’ll probably lose bluecruise and lane centering as well. The positive is you get turn signal cams and if someone unplugs the adapter, your alarm will go off. It might be a little overkill for me since I have tow mirrors but nonetheless it’s a cool feature.
Ford F-150 Turn signal cams working without trailer IMG_6825

Ford F-150 Turn signal cams working without trailer IMG_6826
Ford F-150 Turn signal cams working without trailer IMG_6827
Ford F-150 Turn signal cams working without trailer IMG_6828
Ford F-150 Turn signal cams working without trailer IMG_6831

Ford F-150 Turn signal cams working without trailer IMG_6830
Sponsored

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
OP
OP

ProHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks! Initially I got a 7 pin tester that was much cheaper, it worked functionally but for some reason didn’t read as a trailer. There must have been not enough resistance for it to read as a trailer. You can always give it a shot and if doesn’t work just return it.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
This is turn signal cams working with a trailer still. The trailer just happens to be real small 😁

At some point I wouldn’t be surprised if the gurus figure out how to get it to work without any trailer signal. There has to be some high end Lincoln or something that does it, or will do it.

OP
OP

ProHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is turn signal cams working with a trailer still. The trailer just happens to be real small 😁

At some point I wouldn’t be surprised if the gurus figure out how to get it to work without any trailer signal. There has to be some high end Lincoln or something that does it, or will do it.
Haha, I bet you if I set it up as a trailer I’ll get my BLIS back.

Oh I’m sure of it. That would be nice to have the view without it thinking there’s something plugged in. I can’t recall where I heard it but I thought there was supposed to be a bluecruise OTA update to allow you to enable it while towing.

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
There has to be some high end Lincoln or something that does it, or will do it.
I think the last Lincoln turned off the lights and left the building...

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Can you add that adapter plug as a trailer? Call it test or something? I'm not sure it would matter, but I love how you guys are pushing the boundries!

OP
OP

ProHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you add that adapter plug as a trailer? Call it test or something? I'm not sure it would matter, but I love how you guys are pushing the boundries!
Yes, it’ll give you an option on the center screen to add it as a trailer or no active trailer. I just selected no active trailer. Haha I was afraid if I added it as a trailer it would adjust my DTE to 100 miles thinking I was towing. Even after a key cycle the truck is tricked into thinking there’s still something plugged in.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Yeah this is no different than any other trailer. You could create a new trailer profile with 1 foot length/width and name it stubby. You would definitely have blis.

It also should still calculate your DTE accurately after a while as long as you always select stubby when you start driving.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Yes, it’ll give you an option on the center screen to add it as a trailer or no active trailer. I just selected no active trailer. Haha I was afraid if I added it as a trailer it would adjust my DTE to 100 miles thinking I was towing. Even after a key cycle the truck is tricked into thinking there’s still something plugged in.
I understand that lol. Yesterday I filled up and yet showed only 553 miles to empty. Then I watched as I drove several miles the DTE actually climbed to 560. I still love it…glitches and all 😊

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
I bet the 2025 Black Label Aviator has some cool tech in it.
I hope so. We looked at the Aviator last year but Sync 3? Are you kidding me?

Reactions: DK4
OP
OP

ProHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Out of curiosity I ran another test, this time to add the plug as a trailer. Went through the whole set up and took a drive. As mentioned earlier, BLIS came back and bluecruise and lane centering is nonexistent. It’s too bad Ford didn’t create an option for accessories like a bike rack with brake light or something small that can be hitched and plugged in where we wouldn’t lose many of our features.
Sponsored