Tunes are getting erased by Ford

f150intally

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Crew 4x4 Platinum Trim
Why not just reinstall the tune file? There is only one file on the PCM. The strategy file.
I'm just following MPT's instructions. I assume if I reinstall the tune file, it will see the PCM update again and try to update. Am I wrong?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I'm just following MPT's instructions. I assume if I reinstall the tune file, it will see the PCM update again and try to update. Am I wrong?
No.. it only updates fords servers if fdrs is connected or an interrogator is ran during an OTA.

The minute you flash it back in he truck doesn’t report it.

Technically all they need to do is rename the tune file since they are unlocking the pcm to install it they can install anything they want. They are getting around the signature.

Flashing back to an old pcm file won’t do anything or harm anything. I did it a lot when the pcm update was originally sent out to try and resolve the wrench light. That wound up being a as build conflict.

f150intally

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Crew 4x4 Platinum Trim
No.. it only updates fords servers if fdrs is connected or an interrogator is ran during an OTA.

The minute you flash it back in he truck doesn’t report it.

Technically all they need to do is rename the tune file since they are unlocking the pcm to install it they can install anything they want. They are getting around the signature.

Flashing back to an old pcm file won’t do anything or harm anything. I did it a lot when the pcm update was originally sent out to try and resolve the wrench light. That wound up being a as build conflict.
Thanks for the insight.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Also If any of these tuners Need files I can get whatever they need.
Sponsored