First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 GMC 1500, 93 Mustang LX SSP
Occupation
Product Marketing
Cant believe this hasn't been posted yet. Now I have to get the ol GMC tagged and inspected so I can send off the PCM!

Straight from HP Tuners Facebook Page, -

Our solution provides convenient direct flashing via the OBDII port thanks to our Ford MG1 PCM Service (required for tuning). 💪

Once upgraded via our one-time send-in service, license your F-150 for (4) Universal Credits using an MPVI2 or newer generation interface and the latest version of VCM Suite BETA.

Click this link to get started:
https://bit.ly/442VyWl

Ford F-150 Big news: OBDII Flash Tuning Now Available For 2021-2022 F-150 EcoBoost (3.5L & 2.7L) and 5.0L -- by HP Tuners 1682537978740
Sponsored

OP
OP
93dpscoupe

93dpscoupe

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Marketing
Done with the 101mph speed limiter. My bosses Raptor R is limited at 112 or 113.

My wifes 2020 Expedition is over 120mph, smdh

OP
OP
93dpscoupe

93dpscoupe

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Marketing
awesome news, does that mean I can use my old X4 tuner?
Not sure on that one. Likely will only work with HP Tuners specific devices like MPVI2, MPVI3 or RTD.

SCT does have a cable/adapter that allows you to use an updated X4 or BDX device and probably livewire

Sponsored

FI300

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
No its only compatible with their hardware.

• No other tuning/calibration tools can be used with the upgraded PCM. However, dealers can reflash the PCM once upgraded—this will not relock the PCM.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
This is neat, I’m guessing it’s an instant warranty void for a few parts?

I’m excited about the prospect of tuning at some point in the future, but I’m really curious about what the actual gains are.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
It was only a matter of time for them to crack the updated encryption to allow OBD port tuning. I held onto my BDX unit figuring one day I may be able to use it to flash the PB for a better shift strategy. The stock strategy is ok, but definitely leaves room for improvement.

Last edited:

FI300

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
It will be interesting to see if the tuners have more capability through HPTuners than one of the others that are connecting directly to the PCM. I have the OZ tune using the SCT. Datalogging may be better.

I see they list this for 21/22 and not the 23. I read somewhere the 23 is patched to prevent this and the direct connection method.

mredwin25

First Name
edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
Not sure on that one. Likely will only work with HP Tuners specific devices like MPVI2, MPVI3 or RTD.

SCT does have a cable/adapter that allows you to use an updated X4 or BDX device and probably livewire
No its only compatible with their hardware.

• No other tuning/calibration tools can be used with the upgraded PCM. However, dealers can reflash the PCM once upgraded—this will not relock the PCM.
Understood

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Ok, so anyone care to dumb this down for us old geezers?
I'm no expert, but HPTuners is a well established tuning platform. Until now, they had not tackled the encryption that Ford used on the Gen14 F150 PCM.

I think Livernoise was the first to do so.
Recently SCT, another tuning platform similar to HPTuners, cracked the encryption.
And now HPTuners has.

Now the part of the answer that is just my opinion.......

Livernoise tuning is completely proprietary. You can get your vehicle tuned by them, and it might be a great tune, but you will never know what parameters they altered or how they accomplished the result.

SCT is a little less sandboxed because it is a platform (software) that you could learn to tune with personally, but for the most part there are a limited number of tuning companies that most just purchase their SCT tunes from. What that offers that Livernoise doesn't, is competition. And each tuner seems to have their own approach and the consumers can share their opinions and get tunes that match their preferences.

Then there's the news regarding HPTuners. And again, just my opinion.
There's a community of folks who purchase and learn about tuning on this platform. There lots of fellas that tune their own vehicles. Then there's tune sharing amongst enthusiasts with similar vehicles and goals.
And just like SCT, there's tuning companies with great tuner talent on their staff that use this platform. Thus my comment early in the thread about why I'm personally happy to hear HPTuners has entered the fray. Because it has that community, the knowledge base for our Gen14 and what makes it tick is fixing to come out from behind the veil. Up until now everything known about tuning and what's different compared to the Gen13 is like top secret. Lol

Having said all that, depending on how much has been "cracked" at this point, nobody knows how quickly these trucks will be figured out. It took a couple of years before the Gen2 3.5 Ecoboost and 10r80 transmission tuning became really mature and consumers had easy access to the most polished work.

Me personally, I just want the HPTuners gurus to figure out some really finite things that if/when they do, I might be willing to mess with the best truck with oem tuning that I have ever owned. We'll see. :)

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
Ok, so anyone care to dumb this down for us old geezers?
Yeah. Let the kids with more testosterone modify their trucks, blow up stuff so that when the second/third gen versions of the tuner come out, nothing breaks.

Thats when my warranty will be gonzo and I'll do this.